Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Remind me - are they supposed to sell jewellery?

Gems TV tonight is an hour of perfume and then an hour of candles! The remote has just been used - if I never see another candle on selly telly it will be too soon and I fail to understand how people want to buy an unknown perfume that you can't trial from a shopping telly channel. In theory I suppose you can return it if it brings you out in hives, but I'd imagine a fair number end up smashed in the post being returned. This channel gets more like Bid every day.

› See More: Remind me - are they supposed to sell jewellery?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - they used to! It's far more about the brand. I mean, what the goodness are they doing selling "Gemporia ribbon"?!

The use of the VT/light box reached an all time record yesterday when they auctioned an item and NEVER showed it in the studio on the presenter.

Also, the Winza ruby looked great but had a treatment code of "HL". Like the "HW", it's not in their treatment library so avoided.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes nannieA, Petespants liked this post

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

WHAAAAT? Gemporia ribbon? What's next - Gemporia toilet rolls? I know exactly what you mean about the light box usage - the only interpretation you can put on this is that they are putting a gloss on the product and masking what might be flaws. They are adopting really shyster practices on this channel and one day I confidently expect to turn on, and find it has disappeared. I'm increasingly thinking that Steve Bennett is deliberately running the channel down before he pulls the plug and moves on to something else. This is only my opinion and I'm no accountant (as my former maths teacher at school would happily testify!), but are there any financial advantages in doing so, I wonder?
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      Yes - they used to! It's far more about the brand. I mean, what the goodness are they doing selling "Gemporia ribbon"?!

The use of the VT/light box reached an all time record yesterday when they auctioned an item and NEVER showed it in the studio on the presenter.

Also, the Winza ruby looked great but had a treatment code of "HL". Like the "HW", it's not in their treatment library so avoided.
      Last edited by historymystery; 29-08-2017 at 09:28 AM.
      Likes nannieA, Petespants liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all comments. Candles and perfume on a gem channel. Sorry not for me either.

I don't know what the 'Gemporia ribbon' is - would love to know.

On their facebook page there are comments regarding the use of the light box. They say comments will be passed on. Nothing changes - I too think they are hiding something so just will not buy that item. Watching a ring going back and forth in the light box makes me feel sick too.

7.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Same as the Jewellery channel they are having to broaden their sales base. The jewellery cant be doing so well and having watched the waffle that goes on I can understand why.

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me that jewellery is not selling so well so they need to add something else, problem is whilst Mr.Bennett was trying to expand into other countries the other channels have already expanded into other areas, so not much room left for manouvre, i mean Rocks and co seem to be doing gold jewellery and tjc have tried the allsorts route and gems are squeezed somewhere in the middle, hence perfume and candles. I think customers can request a sample of the perfumes before purchase but i know some bottles have been smashed enroute and personally i am not a candle person so doesnt appeal to me at all and ribbons, what the hell is that about, really.
      Likes VapidStoat, historymystery, nannieA liked this post

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
      I agree with all comments. Candles and perfume on a gem channel. Sorry not for me either.

I don't know what the 'Gemporia ribbon' is - would love to know.

On their facebook page there are comments regarding the use of the light box. They say comments will be passed on. Nothing changes - I too think they are hiding something so just will not buy that item. Watching a ring going back and forth in the light box makes me feel sick too.
      Gemporia ribbon-a luxurious collectors silken ribbon perhaps,maybe studded with diamond sweepings.How about using it to enhance and upcycle a jam -jar into which you can place Gemporia candles?

I agree about the light box movement inducing queasiness.It's
      almost like being on a ferry on a rough crossing.

You would think any caring company would take customer comments ( positive and negative) seriously.Although they have a core of customers who wouldn't complain whatever happened,most people quickly lose patience if they feel they are not getting value for money,or are not able to get answers to their enquiries.If there are lots of complaints and negative comments then surely that tells them there needs to be some changes.
      https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.gemporia.com
      Last edited by Petespants; 29-08-2017 at 01:56 PM.
      Likes VapidStoat, historymystery, Anna , nannieA liked this post

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petespants View Post
      Gemporia ribbon-a luxurious collectors silken ribbon perhaps,maybe studded with diamond sweepings.How about using it to enhance and upcycle a jam -jar into which you can place Gemporia candles?

I agree about the light box movement inducing queasiness.It's
      almost like being on a ferry on a rough crossing.

You would think any caring company would take customer comments ( positive and negative) seriously.Although they have a core of customers who wouldn't complain whatever happened,most people quickly lose patience if they feel they are not getting value for money,or are not able to get answers to their enquiries.If there are lots of complaints and negative comments then surely that tells them there needs to be some changes.
      https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.gemporia.com
      Love some of the reviews on there especially the first one. What have we been saying about the presenters telling us that something shouldnt be at a certain price and pulling surprised faces at the price. FGS we are not stupid we can see straight through them. I would never order anything expensive on there. I usually restrict my pieces when I buy the to under £20 so Ive not wasted my money.

They obviously don't read Trust Pilot as they haven't acted on any of the things people have complained about

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Trust Pilot links. I'd forgotten about those. Feefo has its fair share of bad reviews but some of these are excoriating! Trust Pilot seems to come up more when you Google so it's probably worth putting something on there.

The TP reviews are correct though. And the Lorique reviews are terrible, sadly, which mirrors some on Feefo where they were returned.

Kayleigh Hammond on Gems this morning selling Nigerian rubellite. I know that rubellite is a Type III gem (usually included) but good clarity rubellite is available in jewellery. The stuff being sold today is awful - even in the light box. I notice they don't seem to show the clarity on the TV. It looks like that awful (in my opinion) Malagasy ruby they foisted on the Gems worshippers (although Feefo has a review quoting a gem expert saying that some "filled" rubies are as good as having a synthetic, which made me chuckle!).
      Last edited by AndyW; 30-08-2017 at 08:26 AM.
      Likes Petespants, historymystery liked this post

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Bennett just does not listen to feedback. Is this because of arrogance, stupidity or because he has an agenda for this channel's future and just doesn't care? Look at the number of people on this review website - good customers - who said they had been banned for writing negative comments about items received - if they do this it is not the way a responsible and reputable company behaves. I also agree 100% with the comment from someone who said they had worked for the USA channel, and how many people lost their jobs and had their lives affected when he closed down the channel for a second time. Yes, we know firms go bust and people lose their jobs every day, but twice Bennett had opened up channels in the USA and then closed them down - he should have done his homework before going back there a second time and then leaving chaos in his wake. Presenter Angeline having the audacity to say that he had to close the channel due to Brexit was a joke! Yes, of course, Angeline - 5 minutes after Brexit he was deported by the US Government, so had to get out. Silly woman, does she think people are that daft? This debacle with the closing of the US channel could have done him no good whatsoever in the US and I'm only surprised that designer Glenn Lehrer still wants to be associated with him.
      Quote Originally Posted by puffin48 View Post
      Love some of the reviews on there especially the first one. What have we been saying about the presenters telling us that something shouldnt be at a certain price and pulling surprised faces at the price. FGS we are not stupid we can see straight through them. I would never order anything expensive on there. I usually restrict my pieces when I buy the to under £20 so Ive not wasted my money.

They obviously don't read Trust Pilot as they haven't acted on any of the things people have complained about
      Thanks Petespants thanked for this post

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising