Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Remind me - are they supposed to sell jewellery?

Gems TV tonight is an hour of perfume and then an hour of candles! The remote has just been used - if I never see another candle on selly telly it will be too soon and I fail to understand how people want to buy an unknown perfume that you can't trial from a shopping telly channel. In theory I suppose you can return it if it brings you out in hives, but I'd imagine a fair number end up smashed in the post being returned. This channel gets more like Bid every day.

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a shame really as years back it was a good place to buy from as were many of the channels.Could it be simply that ,as they get more established they get greedy and that leads in the end to lack of care for customers ,inefficiency and ultimately company downfall.

› See More: Remind me - are they supposed to sell jewellery?
      Likes AndyW liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been buying from Gems since 'Snatch It' days, so that is a very long time. I used to love them, but am now so disappointed with them that I have stopped watching. Their presenters shriek and over act with their hard sell, they are completely misleading in their use of the light box with almost every piece in my experience not living up to the on screen presentation. The Trust Pilot reviews make very interesting reading (thanks for the link) and after looking through them I checked the Rocks & Co ones - they are worlds apart. I love emeralds and at the end of July I bought a couple of pieces of Gemporia's Ethiopian Emerald which were very expensive and also very disappointing and badly cut. Luckily I sent them both back (according to the presenter who re-auctioned one of the rings I had clearly been over excited and over stretched my budget, hence the reason for sending them back because it obviously couldn't be the quality despite my comments on the returns slip, the unbelievable cheek of the woman and I notice it is back on the website for the third time). Now Rocks and Co have started selling the same Ethiopian Emerald for a fraction of the price because Don Kogen bought it back in 2011. I have bought four pieces for less than I paid for one of the Gemporia ones - who is laughing now? I feel sorry for the people who bought and kept their pieces.
      Likes AndyW, historymystery, Bunnytown liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

So agree with your comments, j. I know several people on here (myself included!) have complained about the use of the light box, but nothing changes. This proves that Gemporia really could not care less what their customers think. Like you, I haven't bought anything for ages - well over a year - and like you, I have some lovely pieces from years ago, well-cut stones, chunky quantity of gold and silver, with silver rings so heavy that they are fully hallmarked, not just "925" mark. Now, Gems prices are just off the wall - I didn't buy any of the Ethiopian Emerald, but I have some beautiful Zambian Emerald from years back and have had it valued a couple of times, and been told by different jewellers that the stones are very good. Reluctantly, (because I had an issue with them in the past) I have to fully agree with you that Rocks & Co. seem to have got their act together over the past months, and now do some reasonably-priced jewellery with stones (particularly diamonds) that appear to be very high quality. But I admit I cannot stand most of the presenters on either channel - the shrieking and fake acting is just out of control and nobody is fooled when they claim "sold out" but the pieces then re-appear - we all know darn well that it's likely they are re-auctioning pieces that people (like yourself) have sent back, in all probability because they are scratched, chipped or badly cut, etc. I don't think they can survive in their present format for very much longer, but the Bennetts seemingly don't listen to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by jacqualina View Post
      I have been buying from Gems since 'Snatch It' days, so that is a very long time. I used to love them, but am now so disappointed with them that I have stopped watching. Their presenters shriek and over act with their hard sell, they are completely misleading in their use of the light box with almost every piece in my experience not living up to the on screen presentation. The Trust Pilot reviews make very interesting reading (thanks for the link) and after looking through them I checked the Rocks & Co ones - they are worlds apart. I love emeralds and at the end of July I bought a couple of pieces of Gemporia's Ethiopian Emerald which were very expensive and also very disappointing and badly cut. Luckily I sent them both back (according to the presenter who re-auctioned one of the rings I had clearly been over excited and over stretched my budget, hence the reason for sending them back because it obviously couldn't be the quality despite my comments on the returns slip, the unbelievable cheek of the woman and I notice it is back on the website for the third time). Now Rocks and Co have started selling the same Ethiopian Emerald for a fraction of the price because Don Kogen bought it back in 2011. I have bought four pieces for less than I paid for one of the Gemporia ones - who is laughing now? I feel sorry for the people who bought and kept their pieces.
      Likes AndyW liked this post

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed they have a Homeware Show on at the weekend!!!

What wash cloths, floor brushes???
      Thanks AndyW thanked for this post

DONNA

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

I heard presenter Ellis say this yesterday, but she didn't specify anything included in the show (was probably
      too embarrassed to do so). So much for the "we only sell genuine gemstones" - could it be a diamond studded wash cloth, or sapphire studded floor mops? How long before they start selling Kinkade prints?

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
      I noticed they have a Homeware Show on at the weekend!!!

What wash cloths, floor brushes???
      Thanks AndyW thanked for this post
      Likes VapidStoat, donna255 liked this post

11.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I heard presenter Ellis say this yesterday, but she didn't specify anything included in the show (was probably
      too embarrassed to do so). So much for the "we only sell genuine gemstones" - could it be a diamond studded wash cloth, or sapphire studded floor mops? How long before they start selling Kinkade prints?
      Oh lordy, PLEASE don't give them ideas!

"And now we have a limited edition print of Thomas Kinkade's 'Mysterious Inferno In An Eerie Rural Cottage', studded with precious Catford rhinestones and lovingly set into a gilded MDF frame. Prices start at £1599.99, but this limited and unforgivable... Sorry, irreplaceable print is a steal at twice the price. I cannot believe that we're going lower!"

*flicks hair, picks nose, and scratches armpits*
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
      Likes donna255 , AndyW liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

You see, what I don't understand is that you're all bang on the money with your views. It's not as if we're wild-haired loons foaming at the mouth. All comments - including most on Feefo - are sensible, concerned and measured.

I too have some pieces that I'm happy to show people from days gone by. In fact, I recently bought a second hand ring from an eBay jeweller that was a Gems TV ring from way back - before I had even heard of them (it has a paper authenticity cert produced in a style that I don't recognise). It has a stunning rhodolite garnet set in over 5g of gold.

I saw that SB was on air (covering holiday shifts I guess) and didn't think he sounded same either. It used to be that if he was on, you would be guaranteed a better deal than normal. Not this time (from what little I saw). I have a stunning pair of songea sapphire cufflinks I bought when Matt B used to do the graveyard shift at 3am (was nursing my agèd woofer). They were truly "on and gone".

As for Thomas Kincade - that makes me chuckle. As it happens I do have a memory of PS doing the hard sell on those chocolate box pictures, accompanied by soft heart-tugging music, soft lighting and hushed tones. It's actually a fond memory. It just makes me smile. Have to admire the man if he can make a living and create a personality selling that kind of tat (in my opinion - art is SO subjective).
      Likes VapidStoat liked this post

15.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      You see, what I don't understand is that you're all bang on the money with your views. It's not as if we're wild-haired loons foaming at the mouth. All comments - including most on Feefo - are sensible, concerned and measured.

I too have some pieces that I'm happy to show people from days gone by. In fact, I recently bought a second hand ring from an eBay jeweller that was a Gems TV ring from way back - before I had even heard of them (it has a paper authenticity cert produced in a style that I don't recognise). It has a stunning rhodolite garnet set in over 5g of gold.

I saw that SB was on air (covering holiday shifts I guess) and didn't think he sounded same either. It used to be that if he was on, you would be guaranteed a better deal than normal. Not this time (from what little I saw). I have a stunning pair of songea sapphire cufflinks I bought when Matt B used to do the graveyard shift at 3am (was nursing my agèd woofer). They were truly "on and gone".

As for Thomas Kincade - that makes me chuckle. As it happens I do have a memory of PS doing the hard sell on those chocolate box pictures, accompanied by soft heart-tugging music, soft lighting and hushed tones. It's actually a fond memory. It just makes me smile. Have to admire the man if he can make a living and create a personality selling that kind of tat (in my opinion - art is SO subjective).
      Well, Pope Pete's still flogging these monstrosities (sorry, "masterpieces") but on Ideal World. If you're feeling particularly masochistic, you could look out for it.

Me? I'd rather watch Angeline "Herr Flick" Davies waggle her scary brows at the camera for an hour. It's less disturbing

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

My current 'issue' with Gemporia is that they are still running their 'Fake Nothing' campaign yet the excitement and astonishment is still being heaped on various varieties of coated topaz. Having accepted that the coloured gemstones from the original locations are either just not available or unattainable due to cost the solution seems to be that Gemporia should source and promote colourless topaz which has been artificially coated with layers giving the stones colour to compare with the original source colours. To be honest I know very little about gemstone treatments and so far haven't done sufficient research to inform me. However, when a gem has been given 'a little heat' I don't know if that is the sort of heat that I could give it in my domestic oven or do I need a furnace? Also when the 'mine to market' mantra is trotted out and the gemstone treatment is irradiation or reconstruction how to the artisan miners safely achieve these treatments - safe for them and the environment? Or maybe often its mine to market via........? I recognise that Gemporia have put themselves out there with their honesty in the declaring the treatments used when most of the competition don't. Also the information regarding the origin of the stones is something that no high street retailer in my experience has the knowledge of.

But come on Gemporia 'Fake Nothing' is over egging it when gemstones are routinely heated, filled, irradiated, bleached, dyed, reconstructed, coated, diffused, smoked, oiled etc etc.

19.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

They are pushing the Xmas party thing like mad at the moment.
      DONNA

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising