Why would anyone buy Clarks shoes from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
It's good to see some styles from Clarks being showcased but why on earth would anyone buy from QVC when they are charging £6.95 P & P?
Both Clarks and Amazon are free of postage charges.

I was going to say to "avoid the dreaded high street". Do the other on-line retailers have a 30 day MBG?

I should imagine there are many QVC customers who just try the item on at home, then if not suitable return it straight away. I can't see many people doing like the presenters ask, go out, wear it, if you don't like it send it back but would you really go out in the first place if you didn't like it or it didn't fit. So £6.95 plus the usually inflated price is a lot to ask for that 30 day money back guarantee that hardly anyone uses. Retailers out there now offer a great returns policy, especially Amazon who refund you before you've actually sent it back.

Because they are brainwashed QVC cult members who take CHuntley's warning to heart and live in terror of looking on the DHS or even elsewhere on line.

I know you can order from Clarks online get delivered to your nearest store try on without paying until you are happy if not just walk away. You do pay instore if you want the shoes.

I bought a pair of Sketchers & if I wore them (admittedly around the house) & didn't like them I could take them back.QVC's benefits are getting less & less.I am pretty sure that if I buy something I will keep so why pay the premium for the right to return?I am thinking of returning the Korres Oil I ordered from Q but wouldn't have done so if it hadn't been free P&P.

I was going to say to "avoid the dreaded high street". Do the other on-line retailers have a 30 day MBG?

Clarks offer a 30 day money back guarantee, though I'd imagine this doesn't stretch to shoes worn outside. If you had worn them out and they developed a fault you'd still have your statutory consumer protection, but some shoe retailers might argue they'd been worn inappropriately to avoid the refund; the sooner you report a fault the better.

My friend bought a pair of shoes from Clarks shop and the first time she wore them outside she got a blister on her heel and they were so uncomfortable she took them back and they gave her a refund. Great customer service for the dreaded High Street.

I often get blisters when I wear new shoes. I usually wear them round the house first, then down to the post box. Then a short walk into town. I also carry plasters in my wallet. When I start wearing shoes in the next season I have to go through the same thing again. My feet have always been trouble

I think high street shops are adapting to keep open; they know they're losing sales to online retailers that will refund without quibbling; in Amazon's case (from my limited experience) they will refund before they receive the item back. QVC couldn't be more different! It must be feeling the pinch, now they're offering limited items with free postage. Beyond that, Q has an ostrich mentality; believing they'll be fine selling to their long term zealots and by courting new customers.

I wonder why people buy anything from QVC these days. You can buy almost everything Q sells on the DHS. I used to buy the beauty TSV's without fail but now there are so many expensive TSV's I rarely even bother to look to see what they are. There are lots of beauty sites sell sets that are much better value than Q.

I wonder why people buy anything from QVC these days. You can buy almost everything Q sells on the DHS. I used to buy the beauty TSV's without fail but now there are so many expensive TSV's I rarely even bother to look to see what they are. There are lots of beauty sites sell sets that are much better value than Q.

the beauty tsv are not even that great anymore. odd combinations and items that would not sell well as stand alone items are usually what the tsv's are about. its very rare i buy them as i know i won't be using most of the items. i'd rather buy what i need individually at a good price than have boxes of tat hanging around in boxes gathering dust.

I think a lot of people are swayed by the easy pays.

to be fair if i can't afford £50 to buy something god forbid i am not paying off for it...also qvc charge the highest price they can get away with when its on easy pays.

I think a lot of people are swayed by the easy pays.

I agree. I was buying beauty TSV's that were about £40.00 - £50.00 if they were on easy pays but then I thought to myself would I go into a shop and buy these items at this price when I probably wouldn't use half of it. Of course not . When the prices started hitting £60.00 - £70.00 I decided not to buy any more.

Aldi sell a lot of QVC priducts, but much better prices and even better customer service.

Coincidentally, I'm just waking up to the Aldi shopping experience. I know you and a few others on here have tipped them for various things, eg beauty products and their Yankee & Jo Malone look-a-like candles, but I've only had a store near me for about a year and up to now the queues have put me right off (a sign of its popularity I know, but when I only want a few items, I don't want to queue behind 2-3 families, each with at least one overflowing trolley, as was the case last week when I visited for the second time). Maybe I'm going at the wrong times. Anyway, on Sunday late afternoon, I was looking for a particular cake-making kit online and Google flagged up one Aldi are selling for a great price so I went on the site and spotted the 'free delivery' notice. I put the kit and a couple of other bargains in my basket, saw it was 3-5 days to deliver, thought with it being Sunday followed by a bank holiday I'd get it about Friday, and it turned up an hour ago! So less than 48 hours even with those 48 hours being mostly Sunday and a bank holiday Monday! I've just noticed returns are free too. (This may be the weekly Specialbuy deals only??)

So thanks for the tip-off, shopperholic and you other fans.

Coincidentally, I'm just waking up to the Aldi shopping experience. I know you and a few others on here have tipped them for various things, eg beauty products and their Yankee & Jo Malone look-a-like candles, but I've only had a store near me for about a year and up to now the queues have put me right off (a sign of its popularity I know, but when I only want a few items, I don't want to queue behind 2-3 families, each with at least one overflowing trolley, as was the case last week when I visited for the second time). Maybe I'm going at the wrong times. Anyway, on Sunday late afternoon, I was looking for a particular cake-making kit online and Google flagged up one Aldi are selling for a great price so I went on the site and spotted the 'free delivery' notice. I put the kit and a couple of other bargains in my basket, saw it was 3-5 days to deliver, thought with it being Sunday followed by a bank holiday I'd get it about Friday, and it turned up an hour ago! So less than 48 hours even with those 48 hours being mostly Sunday and a bank holiday Monday! I've just noticed returns are free too. (This may be the weekly Specialbuy deals only??)

So thanks for the tip-off, shopperholic and you other fans.

I bought the Toasted Sandwhich Maker Andi for £20 (makes eight halves) free delivery and mine came in two days. Those snack bowls I ordered for a fiver each were really heavy and great quality. https://www.aldi.co.uk/crofton-pastel-nested-bowls-3-pack/p/073665085455001 I ordered a couple of sets. I don't know how they do it, at least with Aldi buying power, they really do hand the savings on to the customer.

On the subject of Clark's shoes from QVC (as I went very off-topic above, sorry!), personally I would be very reluctant to buy from them because of sizing, especially knowing how terrible Q's sizing advice is at the best of times. I am probably the same as everyone else in that I often need a different size depending on the style, even from the same brand. Even if the shoes themselves are well discounted at QVC, by the time you add on the P&P and return costs, it's an expensive way to find out a pair of shoes doesn't fit. But then I'm spoilt as I have a Clark's and half a dozen other shoe shops within a couple of minutes' walk from my front door.

I really think QVC need to sort our their postage. Even Gems TV have got wise to the fact that people don't want to pay expensive postage. They do £2.95 per day however much you order even big items like jewellery boxes - mind you they have probably put up their prices to compensate. They do take a little long for things to come but if you now this when you order, then you can accept it.

For Yankee they charge £5.95 when you can get free postage from Temptation Gifts when you spend £50 which is quite easy if you are stocking up.

As has been said Clarks themselves don't charge postage.

Going back to my earlier post I see the next Gatineau is a few pence short of £70.00 plus P&P. It's on 3 easy pays so I guess a lot will be going for it.

Latest posts

Back