Lakeland TSV 24/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I dithered (because that's what I do) and the Aldi one is now sold out online. I reckon you created a rush, posting about it.

I do think it would have been in the way here though. I am meant to be clearing space in the house, not filling it. A shame as I think I'd make good use of an airer.

Aw don't worry Andi, it'll come round again. If I see it I'll let you know xx :mysmilie_3:

i am tempted to buy the aldi one. its more for towels in the winter. if the summer is anything to go by it won't be a dry one

Lakeland Dry:Soon 3-Tier Heated Airer with Cover, 2 Shelves & 4 Wash Bags
Item Number: 806444
QVC Price £159.00
Todays Special Value Price £134.97
P&P £6.95

Lakeland's Dry Soon 3-Tier Heated Airer has been designed to help dry your clothes and delicate items quickly and gently, features spacious and foldable shelves, and comes complete with handy mesh shelf attachments, a cover to help contain the heat, plus four washbags to protect and sort your wash. Versatile and lightweight, this airer is a great alternative to using a washing line, tumble dryer or radiator, giving you a drying space to use every day, without worrying about the weather or wasting heat.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually from Lakeland you’d pay £170.96. At a price of £134.97, plus P&P, you make a great saving of over £29.

Added value - the airer comes with a selection of accessories all usually sold separately: four washbags, two mesh shelves, and a cover. The washbags feature clear labels to help you sort your load by garment, so you know where everything is in your machine. You also get round and square-shaped mesh shelf attachments to help prevent any smaller items from falling through the gaps. Lastly, the zip-front cover is designed to contain the heat and help speed up the drying process.

A clear household winner - costing less than 6p an hour to run, this airer is the perfect choice for economical drying. Plus, it's a better option than placing wet items on radiators, which often wastes heat. It's also a gentler option for your clothes than tumble drying, helping you keep your garments looking their best.

Garments galore - when fully open, the shelf and rack structure make it easy for you to lay delicate items flat, or hang smaller pieces of clothing and socks. By only opening the top shelf, you can dry longer items such as towels and trousers.

Impressive design - even with its lightweight structure, this airer can hold up to 15kg of wet washing and offers 21m (68'9") of drying space. It neatly folds up and stores away when you don't need it, plus you can fold half of it if you're only drying a few things, and easily move it around your home to where you need it.

Wattage: 300W
Power source: plug socket
Folds to a depth of 8cm
Flex length: 135cm
Washbag (h x w): small: 33cm x 26cm (13" x 10.2"); medium: 44cm x 34cm x (17.3" x 13.4"); large: 46cm x 52cm (18.1" x 20.5")
Airer fully open (h x w x d): 137cm x 73cm x 75cm (53.9" x 28.7" x 29.5")

Contains:

1 x Dry Soon 3-Tier Airer
4 x washbags (2 x small, 1 x medium, 1 x large) - these mesh bags help to protect smalls and delicate garments and also feature identification tabs to help cut down unloading time
2 x mesh shelves (1 x round, 1 x square) - foldable shelves in polyester mesh with wire edging
1 x 3-Tier Heated Airer cover - a machine-washable polyester cotton cover with a front panel for easy access, a mesh vent to allow air flow, plus an external zip which turns it into a handy storage bag for your airer

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806444

I bought the Dryer & cover direct from Lakeland last year & it is great.It is much better with the cover & I use it as a rack in the garden (not plugged in of course!)-- fold the shelves down without removing clothes & it can be moved inside then set up again if it starts raining!The Aldi one is a great price though!

Thanks shopperholic.
I've just nipped down to my nearest Aldi and picked one up.
They only had two left so I felt quite pleased with myself.

On another note, that was the first time that I've been in an Aldi for about 5 years and I quite liked it. It's definitely not like I remember it (indoor car boot sale to be honest).
I can see myself going back.

I use the three tier Lakeland one, without a cover, and it works fine. (When I bought mine they had not yet invented the cover for it, which came about as customers reported that they had been covering theirs with sheets to make a drying tent!)
I'm sure the Aldi version will be perfectly efficient, I really rate their stuff.

Thanks shopperholic.

On another note, that was the first time that I've been in an Aldi for about 5 years and I quite liked it. It's definitely not like I remember it (indoor car boot sale to be honest).

Try the wine Mr M it’s highly recommended.

Thanks shopperholic.

Aw you're more than welcome. :mysmilie_3: I know what you mean, Aldi has really upped its game from food to household goods, whatever I've bought has been excellent quality, I've even seen a few QVC products in there, a lot cheaper obviously so Aldi is one of my favourite places to shop now. It's been voted number one supermarket on several occasions and their food/goods have won awards, so I think that's allowed them to invest dramatically because many people will only shop there now, even their skincare is amazing quality. So I'm glad you managed to get one, I used mine this morning and it's great. :mysmilie_14:

Apparently this comes by "direct despatch" so can you imagine how much dosh QVC have made today, it's free delivery over £40 from Lakeland so QVC have taken £6.95 per order for doing sweet f.a.

Listening to the BA and Jill F rabbiting on about their washing/drying habits they must have a completely different lifestyle from myself.

I have yet to feel the need to hang my washing from the door or bannister, my washing doesn't go mouldy, I don't need to wash and dry things for the next day on a very regular basis (appreciate it may be different for someone having to wear a uniform).

Listening to the BA and Jill F rabbiting on about their washing/drying habits they must have a completely different lifestyle from myself.

I have yet to feel the need to hang my washing from the door or bannister, my washing doesn't go mouldy, I don't need to wash and dry things for the next day on a very regular basis (appreciate it may be different for someone having to wear a uniform).

These sort of faux conversations are really all about trying to conjure up the fears of viewers, that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things... All the time prodding you towards buying the solution they are selling.

I bought mine (two-tier one) and would replace it like a shot if it conked out. When my washer-dryer machine died it really came into its own (I was washing clothes at the launderette). I eventually decided to only replace the washing machine.

Lakeland Dry:Soon 3-tier heated airer p&p

A few days ago QVC were offering a Lakeland Dry:Soon 3-tier heated airer as its TSV. I missed out on the last time QVC had this as its TSV so not wanting to miss out again I quickly snapped it up. Since there weren't any reviews on QVC's own website I went onto Lakeland's own site to read the reviews and also on Amazon who also sell this item. It was repeatedly mentioned in QVC's presentations that the item would be dispatched directly from Lakeland itself and not from QVC. Imagine my surprise to see that neither Lakeland nor Amazon charge p&p for this item. They send this product out with no p&p at all. Strangely enough QVC have slapped on a charge of £6.95 p&p to have this item shipped directly from Lakeland (who themselves DON'T charge p&p for this item!). Does anyone else think this is more than just a bit odd?

I can't say I didn't know about the p&p before I purchased this item (so I can't say I was duped!) but considering Lakeland themselves DON'T charge p&p for this item (and THEY ship it out) it makes QVC seem more than a bit dishonest.

Latest posts

Back