Lakeland TSV 24/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just got my Dry Soon heated airer out of storage; I can recommend it - the cats haven't forgotten it either; they're circling waiting for the big switch on!

Lightweight clothes like me daughter's work outfits (mainly man-made fibres) dry in an hour or two. Mind you they come out of the washing machine almost dry. I tend to leave towels on for the same amount of time then a short tumble to fluff them up.
I can't use the fabric cover it came with because the cats start ambushing each other from inside the "tent"! I bought this set of pegs recently and it's handy for small socks etc but I might get another set, or sometimes the pound shop has those plastic ovals with dangly pegs which should hang from one of the cross-bars.

Whereas Lakeland offers a 3 year guarantee, QVC would probably offer a 6 or 12 month warranty.

I love my drier. I tend to use it for jumpers,towels and eiderdown/throws. Dying times depend on h o w many times something is folded (I normally dry things flat rather than hang them off the rails). A towel or jumper might be half a day, but a thick multi folded cotton filled throw might be a day and a half. I do tend to set it and forget it though, so it might be quicker than that. The cover really helps as well.

if the winter is anything like the wet summer we have had i am in but won't buy from qvc as they are really bad when items break down a day after 12 months or 6 months

Oooh, tempting! I just wish I could think where I could put it, when in use, that it won't get in the way. I'm going to walk round the house now and have a think!

:mysmilie_15: I'm the same, I've got it for those days when it's peeing down but too hot to bung the fire on. I think mine will go in the kitchen, who needs a dining table anyway. :mysmilie_17:

Mine mostly lives in the kitchen and it does get in the way a bit. Last year it lived in my husbands office for a few weeks when the radiator needed bleeding. It was a three-pronged solution: kept it out of my way, kept the office warm and encouraged him to get his bleeding key out (in both senses of the word!).

meant to be pennies. i have a smart meter they are really good at keeping an eye on bills

I've had mine for a few years, really efficient, use it all year round for airing my damp towel after my shower, as well as 'finishing off' laundry that has been dried outdoors and brought in still slightly damp. In winter it also takes the chill off a cold room. One of my favourite Lakeland purchases.

I've had mine for a few years, really efficient, use it all year round for airing my damp towel after my shower, as well as 'finishing off' laundry that has been dried outdoors and brought in still slightly damp. In winter it also takes the chill off a cold room. One of my favourite Lakeland purchases.

you've sold it to me a better presentation than a qvc presenter would cobble together

Will the Aldi one fit under your bed, doesn't look as big as the Lakeland one, it's certainly not as expensive. https://www.aldi.co.uk/easy-home-heated-airer/p/078869170201000

Well, I dithered (because that's what I do) and the Aldi one is now sold out online. I reckon you created a rush, posting about it.

I do think it would have been in the way here though. I am meant to be clearing space in the house, not filling it. A shame as I think I'd make good use of an airer.

Latest posts

Back