Goodbye 'Cold shoulder'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mercifully, it's not mandatory to follow fashion trends. If it were, I would be hopelessly out-dated as there is no way I could countenance wearing the cold shoulder look. I have seen it look nice on some, but as always it's down to good design and appropriateness for the wearer's bodyshape. I just know I would be in the category where a thought bubble above the head would read "what the **** is she wearing?"

Completely off-the-shoulder - fine, but not for me.
One shoulder - again fine, but not for me.
Cold shoulder - is what I would give any badly designed garment with shoulders missing.

Sadly, now that we are all fed up to the back teeth with hanky hems, high-low hems, shark-bite hems and other hem-related design atrocities, it seems the top of our tops, tunics and dresses is fair game.

Come on QVC - shock us with some nicely designed shirts, blouses, dresses and tops which are not gimmicky. No encrustation with cheap embellishments. No foul lace appendages. No stuck on flounces. Just good quality, simple, elegant design at affordable prices. That would fill a HUGE gap in your clothing offering... and the beauty of having something more classical in the repertoire - who ever tires of a white shirt/blouse? Who needs new ones, or multiples when purchasing? Who likes to freshen a wardrobe with an in-season colour alongside staples in black and white? You could have a year-in, year-out winner there.

Latest posts

Back