Annoying Alpha-H guest

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Can't stand that woman's voice / accent. She is so full of bollocks! That beautician (Tom) she is with looks like an older version of Will Gowing!

I was just thinking how pleasant Michelle & Tom are!They are very informative about their products and I feel genuine.I remember some time ago a caller was waxing lyrical about the improvement Alpha H had made to their skin & Michelle was really moved to tears.I prefer the soft Aussie tones to some of the loud brash North Americans we more often have to endure.Still we are all different!!

I don't know who Tom is but let's face it all these presenters talk a load of crap about the products they are trying to sell, the beauty products being one of the worst. Q sell many different brands and according to to the guests and presenter all of them are the best thing since sliced bread. What a load of rubbish. I hardly ever watch any Q these days mostly for the above reasons. They seem to think the viewers are so gullible they believe it all and will jump to the phones and buy.

Tom is lovely in real life. Back in the days of the New Year New You event (before the Beauty Bash replaced it) he took the trouble to listen and advise each customer giving them appropriate samples. I really loved those early events, most of the brands reps were helpful like this particularly Tom's pal Lee from Philosophy (not the more recent Lee), MOP Mike, the chap from Smashbox, and many others. I wonder whether Tom ever does personal appearances at stores? Mind you that would be in central London, if it happens, which excludes most of us!

I much prefer Michelle's accent to many of the UK guests and a couple of the American ones.

I like Michelle too, and her softer accent. I think Tom is terrific and wish he was on more regularly, and I definately prefer him to Alison Young. I got to thinking the other day how Alison has had so much experience in the beauty industry, well now let's think about this, in order to have gained a lot of experience in any walk of life you have to have been doing whatever for a very long time, as this is what builds the experience.

I personally don't think that anyone in their 20s and early 30s has that sort of all round experience and shall we say expertise. I mention this because I have been with Q since the early days when Alison was the resident beauty 'expert' but back in the day more than 20 years ago, she was very young = no pun intended, so when and where did all that expertise and experience come from - sorry but I take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt, she has worked with Q far longer than she ever did with other companies - so her experience she constantly harps on about is QVC based. Incidentally, she is wrong about some things.

I don't know who Tom is but let's face it all these presenters talk a load of crap about the products they are trying to sell, the beauty products being one of the worst. Q sell many different brands and according to to the guests and presenter all of them are the best thing since sliced bread. What a load of rubbish. I hardly ever watch any Q these days mostly for the above reasons. They seem to think the viewers are so gullible they believe it all and will jump to the phones and buy.

I just would like to add an important point: In contrast to many other brands, Alpha-H products really do deliver. They do what it says on the tin, at least that is my experience so far.:)

I just would like to add an important point: In contrast to many other brands, Alpha-H products really do deliver. They do what it says on the tin, at least that is my experience so far.:)

I agree - with my purchase of the last TSV (the rose liquid gold one), I decided to commit to a proper Alpha-H regime and by gum it's revitalised my skin. The 'pore doors' will never close but they've definitely got smaller, I hardly ever get zits these days and the texture of my skin looks considerably smoother and more refined - it really does work!

Saying that though, I don't like the eye product in today's TSV, have tons of lip balms, have decided to stick to C&P for my cleanser and have tons of moisturisers, so I won't be getting today's TSV.

alph h is the real deal imo. i have been on buses and people ask me about my skin and i tell them alph h. can't tell you how many friends and family that buy it now and all stick to it.

I like Michelle too, and her softer accent. I think Tom is terrific and wish he was on more regularly, and I definately prefer him to Alison Young. I got to thinking the other day how Alison has had so much experience in the beauty industry, well now let's think about this, in order to have gained a lot of experience in any walk of life you have to have been doing whatever for a very long time, as this is what builds the experience.

I personally don't think that anyone in their 20s and early 30s has that sort of all round experience and shall we say expertise. I mention this because I have been with Q since the early days when Alison was the resident beauty 'expert' but back in the day more than 20 years ago, she was very young = no pun intended, so when and where did all that expertise and experience come from - sorry but I take a lot of what she says with a pinch of salt, she has worked with Q far longer than she ever did with other companies - so her experience she constantly harps on about is QVC based. Incidentally, she is wrong about some things.

Many times I have heard AY contradict herself e.g. this will reduce pore size, then another time, you cannot do anything about open pores. Mind you the others constantly contradict themselves. There will always be someone on here who will remember.

Alison Young is about as qualified in beauty as I am, she's a sales assistant not an "expert". I've said in the past if she's a proper expert she'd recommend products outside of QVC that would help the person who is disillusioned enough to ask her for help, instead of going to the local chemist/supermarket/Doctors. One of Alison Youngs biggest lies was, she said to Andrew Bagless of Gatinoooooo! once how bad 3 in 1 cleansers are, they're evil and how 3 in 1 are rubbish, that you should have one item for one job, next day proceeds to tell SBC how amazing their 3 in 1 cleanser is, and how she uses it of a night because she can't live without it, it's quick and easy, blah blah blah.......

I like Tom and Michelle, but I will admit the only Alpha H product I get on with is Liquid gold. Although I am tempted to try the hand cream which I believe is very nice....

Alison Young is about as qualified in beauty as I am, she's a sales assistant not an "expert". I've said in the past if she's a proper expert she'd recommend products outside of QVC that would help the person who is disillusioned enough to ask her for help, instead of going to the local chemist/supermarket/Doctors. One of Alison Youngs biggest lies was, she said to Andrew Bagless of Gatinoooooo! once how bad 3 in 1 cleansers are, they're evil and how 3 in 1 are rubbish, that you should have one item for one job, next day proceeds to tell SBC how amazing their 3 in 1 cleanser is, and how she uses it of a night because she can't live without it, it's quick and easy, blah blah blah.......

You see I knew someone would remember something else.:giggle::giggle:

andrew bagley is no recommendation for good skin i bet he never uses any beauty products just good old soap and mayn=be water

andrew bagley is no recommendation for good skin i bet he never uses any beauty products just good old soap and mayn=be water

Andrew Bagley is all crinkled up like scrunched up tissue paper. I doubt he uses melatogenine and all that overpriced gloop he peddles.

i have to say michelle does have good skin and in particularly considering australian weather being so harsh

Michelle admitted to having botox in the past, for her daughter's wedding she said. I think she is still doing it judging by her forehead.

Latest posts

Back