Live from the O2 Arena

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
OK maybe not. It's live from a small studio at Q towers - a ceremonious, huggy huggy self-indulgent borefest that is the QVC Beauty Awards. Currently the piss-dull Liz Earle mini-me Caroline Archer is pontificating about the ethos of the brand. They flogged it off to Avon, did they not, Caroline?

Now shouty Craig Rowe is screeching like a banshee on helium. All the faux excitement is superb entertainment.

I just had to tune out for a bit as Craig Rowe was doing my head in. I'll tune back in in a moment.

It's like a budget Oscars ceremony. You think their budget would have extended to a red carpet - Sephora style.

The 'backstage' action and the 'exclusive chats with the winners' is hilarious! I expect it will be given a huge spread in Hello magazine.

How can Alison keep a straight face when announcing that 'the winner can't be here tonight but they've prepared a speech for you'!

I once saw a video of the Brit awards from 1989 presenter by Samantha Fox and Mick Fleetwood. Everything went wrong and it was absolutely SUPERB! I remember when Eddi Reader from Fairground Attraction came out and was asked for her opinion on something and she screeched: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!" which was incredibly funny. Somehow this QVC "non-event" seems on a par with that. Wouldn't it be funny if one of them toppled over or made a faux pas?

It`s a load of codswallop !
All aimed to get people to spend more by thinking they`re getting something special. Outside QVC world I doubt half the brands would ever be heard of, let alone win awards.

It`s a load of codswallop !
All aimed to get people to spend more by thinking they`re getting something special. Outside QVC world I doubt half the brands would ever be heard of, let alone win awards.

Yes, and now they'll mention the awards when touting the products for the next several months.

Yes, and now they'll mention the awards when touting the products for the next several months.

Yes and they'll stand their award statuette on the table next to the star product so the presenter can remind us all.

Well done Laura Geller blah blah blah she loves her products and customers. Yeah right so much so she sold out and balance and brighten has changed completely can't believe it won best foundation.

Latest posts

Back