Dyson V7 Motorhead Vacuum Cleaner TSV 03/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Today is the day when they are not allowed to make vacs at more than 900 watt power.

The boss of Dyson was on the radio today talking about this.

Until today, many vacs were 2000 to 2500 watts.

If you want one, get one quick while they are still in stock in shops, they won't be replaced.

I was reading today that a lot of retailers have stocked up on pre ban hoovers , as they are expecting a rush of sales!!

Also as well as power, EU are also implementing reduced noise level

I'm never swayed by these celebrity product endorsements

Attachments

• lemmy.jpg
    lemmy.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 146
Today is the day when they are not allowed to make vacs at more than 900 watt power.

The boss of Dyson was on the radio today talking about this.

Until today, many vacs were 2000 to 2500 watts.

If you want one, get one quick while they are still in stock in shops, they won't be replaced.

They were saying in the week that it makes little difference as an energy saver because if people want a proper, thorough clean, they just keep going over and over the carpet with their puny, weak vac instead of a few minutes using the more powerful type.

I was reading today that a lot of retailers have stocked up on pre ban hoovers , as they are expecting a rush of sales!!

Also as well as power, EU are also implementing reduced noise level

Yes, and some retailers are bumping up prices because they'll be so sought after.

Dyson V7 Motorhead Cord Free Vacuum Cleaner
Item Number: 806792
QVC Price £350.00
Todays Special Value Price £249.96
P&P £0.00

Easily converting from a handheld to a stick vacuum, Dyson's cordless V7 Motorhead features a Direct Drive head with a motor inside to help pick up challenging hair and dirt, a simple trigger power function offering up to 30 minutes of fade-free suction, plus it promises an incredibly quiet vacuuming experience. This fantastic model ticks all the boxes for your next vacuum cleaner, offering a lightweight and balanced tool to take on your home cleaning from floor to ceiling.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Dyson V7 Motorhead Vaccum Cleaner from QVCUK.com you’d usually pay £350. So to get it for this Today’s Special Value price of just £249.96, with no additional P&P to pay, is an incredible saving of over £100.

Powerful performance - experience an even deeper clean thanks to the direct drive cleaner head, featuring a motor inside the brush for picking up challenging piles of dirt or pet hair.

Cordless freedom - this convenient cleaner is ideal for a quick clean-up around your home, offering 30 minutes of powerful, fade-free suction with an easy-to-use trigger function to ensure the battery power is only used for vacuuming. You also get a Max Power mode, providing up to six minutes of higher suction for more difficult tasks.

Charged and ready - the innovative docking station hangs your vacuum on a wall or inside a cupboard, helping to keep your floor space clear. Plus, the clever design charges the cleaner while it's stored, so it's always ready to go when you need it.

Quiet cleaning - the rest of your home can be undisturbed while cleaning, as the V7 Motorhead has been acoustically engineered to reduce volume and improve sound quality.

A better emptying experience - forget about any messy over-spilling when clearing your vacuum. The V7's hygienic bin empties at the push of a button, swiftly removing the dirt and dust collected in one movement.

Dyson's two year guarantee - Dyson offer a full two year guarantee for parts, labour and transport. If there's a problem with your Dyson machine, they'll come to you. A Dyson Field Service Engineer will arrange to visit your home or workplace so they can fix your machine when it's convenient.

Simply register your guarantee with Dyson in one of three easy ways:

Online through the Dyson website www.dyson.co.uk/register or www.dyson.ie/register
By phone Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am - 6pm UK 0800 298 0298 or ROI 01 475 7109
By post - complete and return the form supplied in the box (envelope provided)

What's in the box?

1 x V7 Motorhead Cord Free vacuum cleaner
1 x Direct Drive Cleaner head - featuring a motor inside the brush bar to pick up stubborn dirt and hair
1 x Combination Tool - a debris nozzle which converts to a brush tool for dusting
1 x Crevice Tool - long crevice tool perfect for reaching into awkward spots
1 x docking station

Technical Specification

Suction power: 21airwatts
Suction power MAX mode: 100airwatts
Bin volume: 0.54L
Run time: 30 mins; with 6 minutes in Max mode
Charge time: 3.5 hours
Cyclone technology: 2 tier Radial Cyclone
Battery type: lithium-ion
Vacuum (h x l x w) 21cm x124.3cm x 25cm (8.3" x 48.9" x 9.8")
Weight: 2.3kg

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806792

They were saying in the week that it makes little difference as an energy saver because if people want a proper, thorough clean, they just keep going over and over the carpet with their puny, weak vac instead of a few minutes using the more powerful type.

Yes, and some retailers are bumping up prices because they'll be so sought after.

If I had known this information I would have bought a few and sold them on a very well-known internet auction site, but living at home where I am not exactly tasked with doing much domestically as it were, then I didn't, so I didn't.
Also, with hair-dryers getting more powerful (and noiser), how is a 900W going to get a 'deep clean' from a carpet, tis alright in the 'anals' of the EU Office that are probably all wooden, they wouldn't need a powerful Vacuum, even in most of the EU, wood seems to be rig de jeur, but in the UK, there are still carpets and carpets need deep cleaning and as such a 900w ain't going to cut it!

Also, on a side-note, I know Dyson have got a lot of vacuums in their inventory, but how they can have so many TSV's when esentially all they are doing is the same thing, I can't understand, also I must salute (well half-salute), Steve Mcdonald as he manages to make each vacuum, different whilst it is the same. No, fair play to him I didn't like him at all in his previous role, I am still not a huge fan (or in reality any type of fan), but to have the ability to do what he does, is I feel a tough gig and in honesty it couldn't have gone to a 'nicer guy':mysmilie_17:

Not a fan of James Dyson or his vacuum cleaners but he was talking about this the other day and said it had to do with suction and not power. I have a vax cordless, and our carpet is not new but it cleans up very well with this cleaner.

That is a main reason Sir James voted for Brexit. But then his manufacturing was moved to abroad because less spent on wages. Two faced or what?

They are saying its really to do with the environment and the UK will keep this ruling when the final Brexit(if it ever does)happen.

Oh and yes I want Dale etc to sing Ace of Spades when selling the over priced Dyson.

i bought a handheald dyson a basic model v6 £180 direct from dyson and i will never buy a huge corded cleaner again. at first the 20 mins seems really stingy but its so thorough after the initial clean you can do a large carpeted room in very few minutes its obviously lightweight and cleans the hard floors beautifully with one head no need to buy one with multiple heads. it takes 3.30 hours to charge best cleaner ever

That is a main reason Sir James voted for Brexit. But then his manufacturing was moved to abroad because less spent on wages. Two faced or what?

They are saying its really to do with the environment and the UK will keep this ruling when the final Brexit(if it ever does)happen.

Oh and yes I want Dale etc to sing Ace of Spades when selling the over priced Dyson.

Yep, hence the reason we refuse to purchase Dyson (that and we as a family (not that I of course get to make these 'oh so important family decisions')) decided not to purchase Dyson, we have a very old fashioned Panasonic vacuum, that may not do the job, but as far as my mother is concerned it switches on and makes a noise (probably not in-line with the new regulations), and it collects something in the bag (yep, peeps we still have one of those), so in her eyes it still works!

Don't from the above post think we live in a dirty, untidy house we don't (my bedroom notwithstanding), but my mother is of the 'baby boomer' generation, thus 'if it ain't broke why upgrade'!

I think people misunderstand the way things work and assume 'more powerful' equals 'more efficient', but that is not necessarily the case. New technology makes things work better whilst using less power (and thus creating less pollution) - for example, my husband's 2.0l engine car is more powerful (and fuel efficient) than his previous 3.0l one of the same type.
The Shark Rocket I bought a week or two back is only 600W, but is probably the most efficient vacuum cleaner I've ever used.

I think people misunderstand the way things work and assume 'more powerful' equals 'more efficient', but that is not necessarily the case. New technology makes things work better whilst using less power (and thus creating less pollution) - for example, my husband's 2.0l engine car is more powerful (and fuel efficient) than his previous 3.0l one of the same type.
The Shark Rocket I bought a week or two back is only 600W, but is probably the most efficient vacuum cleaner I've ever used.

Yes, I don't get why people can accept this with car engines but not with domestic appliances. If progress can happen with one technology, why would another stand still?

But an equally efficient 3L engine would still be more powerful than the 2L equivalent,

Not necessarily true. The litres is simply the displacement. Look to the horsepower and torque of the engines. It is entirely possible that the 2 litre engine will be as powerful or even more powerful.

I used the Dyson in Paris and yes it was good, however it is overpriced, and any lithium ion battery will deteriorate over time hence it will become redundant after 300 recharges. I've got much better value out of my Henry vac. Had it 13 years now!

Latest posts

Back