Kuhn Rikon gadgets - OUR reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Over the years, I've bought various KR items, ALL of them after seeing demos on QVC.

Many were bought from Q if they were the cheapest, but some were bought elsewhere.

Some of these gadgets were excellent, but others were less so.

So I thought we could have this thread where we could post our honest reviews of them, without any censorship by Q's "independent" review system (we all know how they censor).

I will review each of the items I've bought, with photos if possible, and prices paid, etc.

As I am on my PC at the moment, and most of the photos are screenshots on my ipad, I will post my reviews later.

But feel free to post your reviews in this thread, the more the better.

I have this, but mine came with a set of 5 knives. bread knife, carving etc.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Clear-Knife-Block.product.805564.html

I also believe my entire set cost what they are now charging for just the block?

The knives are excellent and I have used them every day since buying last year.

I also have a set of the shears bought last year and they are again really great for cutting all sorts. Have cut up big cardboard boxes and done a bit of pruning in the garden with the bigger ones.

I have the clear knife block with the 4 knife set. You can add other knives and scissors to it. Its great. It comes apart for cleaning.

I have the 5 in 1 jar and bottle opener which came with a can opener. Both of them are excellent. Use the jar opener a lot as my hands aren't very strong and it opens small tops like coke bottles and opens large jars.

KNIFE BLOCK AND 4 KNIVES

I was going to post the photo and details of price etc, from iPad screenshots.

But ST won't accept these images as they have the wrong file extension. :(

So this will limit what I intended to do.

My review is -------->

The design is brilliant in that it can be totally cleaned, unlike ordinary knife blocks which could have all sorts of grunge inside the knife slots.

Also, it is transparent, so you can see the knives easily.

The knives are excellent, but I only got 4.

The downside is, it is not big enough for many of my knives that I intended to put in it.

The WIDTH is only about 2 inches, 6 cm, much too narrow for my Sabatier chef knife and quite a few others too.

The HEIGHT is only about 8 inches, 21 cm, again this is far too short for some of my knives, such as my bread knife.

So as I can't use it for many of my knives, I haven't actually used it at all, so all my knives are now in a drawer, as they were before I bought it.

I haven't got the space on the worktop to have this out just for small knives, AND a drawer for the big ones, so they may as well all be in the drawer.

So if you want to buy one, check the sizes of YOUR.knives first.

I got it as a TSV.

I've messaged Graham to see if I can post photos from my ipad of the items, prices, etc.

If not, and as there does not seem to be much interest in this thread, I may abandon it.

I think I have at least 8 different KR items I was going to review, but I was mainly interested in other people's reviews as well.

Their CS is great. I emailed them after QVC refused to accept the tall, narrow pot had problems with the interior coating coming off (despite almost every review said they had the same problem). They offered me a replacement if QVC still refused to refund, advising me to forward their email that basically told them to give my money back.

After doing this, Q did give me a refund, but it took a long time to arrive even after they emailed me saying it was on the way. I never took them up on their replacement offer but it was good to have it.

Latest posts

Back