Molton Brown TSV 01/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Any idea what could be in molton brown tsv on 1st October. Will that be the Christmas one. Hopefully no body lotion. Thank you x

this is the christmas one & wont know for sure till a few days before as they tend to keep this one locked away due to stock levels

You mean you think it will be in short supply?

Maybe with the fact they have more regular shows they are rebuilding the following on QVC and may increase stock levels this year?

MB TSV CLUE from Jemma on QFB page "We'll have two collections I can reveal - one men's and one women's. Both are gorgeous. So hope you'll like them! All come boxed"

cut some off as i didnt think it was needed

back in the day molten brown would sell 130,000 units

It will take them time to build back up to that level, if they even want to... And I wonder if QVC have the financial clout to invest in more than one blockbusting Christmas TSV. If the Elemis numbers drop, they will probably look for a similar replacement, so it would probably need L'Occitane to slump (assuming their Christmas TSV ships in mega volumes).

Back in the day MB had full sizes, half sizes and skin care in their TSVs all for around £20!!!!

They then where bought out by a Japanese company and disappeared from QVC. Not sure how well MB actually do in the real world? They seem to change products regularly, discontinued relaunched then renamed etc. They brought back the make up for a short while then it went, decided to do haircare again(MB actually started out in the 80s as hairdressers selling their own haircare products), which turned up in TKMaxx pretty quickly. They just seemed to have lost their way so much since being bought over. I do remember going into Frasers in Glasgow late 90s and they had MB hand wash and hand lotion in the ladies toilets and I thought 'How Posh!' The prices sky rocketed for the products. Most wait for the their 25% off sales which do happen a number of times a year.

I know from the QVC Facebook so many for a very long time kept begging them to bring back MB. I and number of people on here said you will never get the prices we used to get on TSVs etc. Sure enough when they did relaunch on QVC loads of mumbling about the prices.

There's no way I'd watch £40 literally go down the drain, I don't have or want or need a sensory experience when I dive in the shower for five minutes in the morning and evening, just want to be clean and fresh. I think the prices are ridiculous but then again, it's the name you pay for, anyone using my bathroom though wouldn't know or care who Molton Brown are, just wash their hands and go. :mysmilie_17:

I love MB. I think Q get some excellent offers throughout the year even when not on as the TSV. I rather hope the TSV is full of Ylang Ylang as I don't get on with that one and have a mountain of shower gels to get through. They did seem to lose their way a bit but I reckon they are back on track. They tried to be uber exclusive but then realised they needed volume sales, IMHO.

i like mb but the tsv tend to have at least one unpopular scent you can't stand. similar with the yankee specials. if you don't love the kits and the usual ott postage its just not good value at all.
using the aldi hand wash in the rhubarb rose scent and everyone thinks its the real deal. i used the mb bottle and poured in the aldi one. now for the tai vert one. :mysmilie_11:

i like mb but the tsv tend to have at least one unpopular scent you can't stand. similar with the yankee specials. if you don't love the kits and the usual ott postage its just not good value at all.
using the aldi hand wash in the rhubarb rose scent and everyone thinks its the real deal. i used the mb bottle and poured in the aldi one. now for the tai vert one. :mysmilie_11:

So true about the value unless you love all the items. I do like MB too but certainly not all the scents - in fact I like fewer than I dislike so TSVs are not ideal for me. I have had a few smaller sets from QVC but it's not economical for me to buy the more mixed ones. Anyway, one of my many stockpiles is MB so I will hopefully just not fancy the TSV this time.

I'm intrigued by these Aldi versions, boffy. Are they regular stock or Aldi specials now and then? And do the fragrances linger as MB's do?

Back in the day MB had full sizes, half sizes and skin care in their TSVs all for around £20!!!!

They then where bought out by a Japanese company and disappeared from QVC. Not sure how well MB actually do in the real world? They seem to change products regularly, discontinued relaunched then renamed etc. They brought back the make up for a short while then it went, decided to do haircare again(MB actually started out in the 80s as hairdressers selling their own haircare products), which turned up in TKMaxx pretty quickly. They just seemed to have lost their way so much since being bought over. I do remember going into Frasers in Glasgow late 90s and they had MB hand wash and hand lotion in the ladies toilets and I thought 'How Posh!' The prices sky rocketed for the products. Most wait for the their 25% off sales which do happen a number of times a year.

I know from the QVC Facebook so many for a very long time kept begging them to bring back MB. I and number of people on here said you will never get the prices we used to get on TSVs etc. Sure enough when they did relaunch on QVC loads of mumbling about the prices.

I can't believe I forgot MB started out as hairdressers! I even had my hair done in South Molton Street a couple of times so how can I forget? I wonder where that closed.

And they used to do a full range of make up, including the best nude lipstick ever produced by anyone anywhere according to Alison Young, but that was discontinued. And a full range of skincare which has now gone. Bentalls at Kingston had a (seriously unglamorous) beauty room for FREE MB facials and I went loads of times. Tbey did a lovely rose mask.

Just returned from a week in South Wales in a holiday cottage, where there was Aldi's MB knock off hand wash in the bathroom - orange and bergamot (ABC) fragrance, and it was better than the MB original! Identical fragrance, but somehow stronger.

There is a relatively small Aldi in Kingston which I can get to so have started the shopping list for my next visit. How many frangrances do they do? Is it the three, equivalents to what was ABC, Thai Vert (don't like that one) and Rhubarb and Rose? The Aldi website is so hopeless I couldn't get a good search result! Probably my fault.

We have tried three flavours of Aldi handwash and were disappointed with them. They weren't as concentrated as the MB ones and didn't find the fragrance lasted once we had dried our hands. Usually buy our MB from outlet in Bicester but haven't been in the area this year.

And they used to do a full range of make up, including the best nude lipstick ever produced by anyone anywhere according to Alison Young, but that was discontinued. And a full range of skincare which has now gone. Bentalls at Kingston had a (seriously unglamorous) beauty room for FREE MB facials and I went loads of times. Tbey did a lovely rose mask.

I loved their makeup, the lipsticks brilliant. I still have trio eyeshadow palette I picked up in Frasers Glasgow. I refuse to through it out(powder products don't go off), but never actually use.

Latest posts

Back