Molton Brown TSV 01/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The men's set sounds much nicer than the women's set IMO. Good for MB doing a choice of one for men and one for women! They are probably one of the few brands who actually have the range of fragrances to do this. Even with the SLS, I'm rather tempted...

Elemis could have done that once upon a time, but since they decided we all needed overwhelming floral fragrances that's no longer the case.

I don't like Ylang Ylang and already have a 500ml bottle of it in the cupboard. I think I'll wait until MB have a sale which is usually some time in Dec.

My money is safe. I stock up on shower gels in John Lewis sale every Christmas, I've got 3 MBs left and some minis. Mind you I love Pecksniffs to and got a couple of HUGE bottles from TK Maxx, so big it doesn't sit on the shower shelf so have to refill a MB mini bottle!

I’m in love with Shay & Blue Blood orange wash & hand lotion at the moment so this is of no interest to me as I don’t do gifting.

We have tried three flavours of Aldi handwash and were disappointed with them. They weren't as concentrated as the MB ones and didn't find the fragrance lasted once we had dried our hands. Usually buy our MB from outlet in Bicester but haven't been in the area this year.

Feel the same about Bayliss and Harding.

I like Bayliss and Harding because as I've said, I don't shower for a sensory experience, just do a quick five minute shower and dive out again, so as long as I'm fresh and clean, that suits me. :mysmilie_14: It also works for me because I can't do with strong smelling scents or body products, it doesn't half kick off a migraine for me, and the husband is happy with Lynx or a supermarket own, so every cloud hey? :mysmilie_17:

I think as long as you are happy with the products you are using (how they smell, and how the smell lasts, how your skin feels and of course the price) that's all that matters. We're all different - we're looking for different things, at different pricepoints.

A certain amount of "lingering" of fragrance is OK, but it's according to your personal taste and tolerance.

I'm using some L'Occitane fragranced shower products which I bought a while ago... a shower gel called Calenques (very ozone and seaside), and Eau Ravissante (floral and citrus) alternating according to what I feel like on the day. I'm done saving the more expensive stuff "for best". It'll either be gifted or used for my bathing/showering pleasure. These both have SLS in them, which means I absolutely have to use a body treatment (cream, lotion or oil) to get the moisture back in my system... but it does mean I'm not averse to getting some of the MB stuff. I will head over to Fenwicks and have a good old sniff in their MB range to see what I like or don't like (hate the rhubarb and rose, as well as the freesia and pear).

I think as long as you are happy with the products you are using (how they smell, and how the smell lasts, how your skin feels and of course the price) that's all that matters. We're all different - we're looking for different things, at different pricepoints.

A certain amount of "lingering" of fragrance is OK, but it's according to your personal taste and tolerance.

I'm using some L'Occitane fragranced shower products which I bought a while ago... a shower gel called Calenques (very ozone and seaside), and Eau Ravissante (floral and citrus) alternating according to what I feel like on the day. I'm done saving the more expensive stuff "for best". It'll either be gifted or used for my bathing/showering pleasure. These both have SLS in them, which means I absolutely have to use a body treatment (cream, lotion or oil) to get the moisture back in my system... but it does mean I'm not averse to getting some of the MB stuff. I will head over to Fenwicks and have a good old sniff in their MB range to see what I like or don't like (hate the rhubarb and rose, as well as the freesia and pear).

and as i am sure your aware fenwicks do a 20% off everything in the store christmas events twice before christmas :wink:

Yippee!! Got to be the men's one for me. I mean for me though, Mr CC uses soap and was very upset when lifebuoy was discontinued lol. I don't like the flowery scents as they give me a headache but I love the men's ones.

Last year MB website did some fantastic offers if you spent over £50. I had so many freebies that was my "gifting" sorted and everyone thought I'd spent a fortune. Free gift boxes as well.

CC

Molton Brown Luxurious 5 Piece Bath & Body Gift Collection
Item Number: 231827
QVC Price £59.00
Todays Special Value Price £40.00
P&P £5.95

This five-piece hand and body collection from Molton Brown comes in a choice of two distinct variations for him and her, with Her collection offering Pink Pepperpod, Ylang-Ylang and Rhubarb & Rose scents, and His collection showcasing Black Peppercorn, Tobacco Absolute and Lime & Patchouli ranges. With each set offering brand new aromatics, plus two gift boxes, this Molton Brown set is the perfect choice for the discerning beauty lover in your life - or a well-deserved treat for you!

*A great saving: If you were to buy either the men’s or women’s hand and body collection individually from Molton Brown you’d pay £80. So to get your choice for our Today’s Special Value price of £40, plus P&P, is a fabulous saving of over £34.

New discoveries - both His and Her collection feature a new Bath & Shower Gel to enjoy: Intoxicating Davana Blossom Bath & Shower Gel makes the perfect addition to her pamper routine with hints of neroli and rose, while Cardamom & Cedarwood is an uplifting combination of woody notes and refreshing bergamot - perfect for both winding down in the evening and waking up with in the morning.

Gorgeous gifts - with each set featuring three full size body washes, a hand wash and a hand lotion, plus two beautiful gift boxes in varying sizes, you can easily separate the products you want to share with loved ones (and keep for yourself). You could also buy both sets for a couple, for a really special surprise.

Contains (a choice of):

Her collection:

1 x Pink Pepperpod Body Wash (300ml) - warming pink pepper blended with patchouli and ginger
1 x Ylang-Ylang Body Wash (300ml) - notes of ylang-ylang, sweet cardamom and musk
1 x Intoxicating Davana Blossom Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - an aromatic, heady combination of neroli, jasmine, rose and Indian davana blossom
1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Fine Liquid Hand Wash (100ml) - a marriage of sweet and tart rhubarb and rose, complemented by extracts of grapefruit, mandarin and vanilla
1 x Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Hand Lotion (100ml) - works to help keep your hands feeling soft and supple, and deliciously scented
1 x large gift box
1 x small gift box

Or

His collection:

1 x Black Peppercorn Body Wash (300ml) - refreshing coriander, black peppercorns and aromatic vetiver
1 x Tobacco Absolute Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - a rich, masculine combination of Argentinian grapefruit, rosewood accord, leather and tobacco absolute
1 x Cardamom & Cedarwood Bath & Shower Gel (300ml) - aromatic cardamom, zesty bergamot and a touch of earthy cedarwood
1 x Lime & Patchouli Hand Wash (100ml) - works to gently cleanse and scent your hands with a zesty blend of lime leaf and patchouli
1 x Lime & Patchouli Hand Lotion (100ml) - helps you to maintain soft, hydrated hands and infuses your skin with a wonderfully enigmatic citrus fragrance
1 x large gift box
1 x small gift box

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231827

Definitely not a good enough price for me - £46 and I don't like everything in either set. I know it's not bad compared to full price but I can't justify it, especially as I haven't used my last purchases yet.

God, I'm so tight!

Definitely not a good enough price for me - £46 and I don't like everything in either set. I know it's not bad compared to full price but I can't justify it, especially as I haven't used my last purchases yet.

God, I'm so tight!

These sets aren't a bargain if you don't like everything. You're not tight just sensible.

Would love the men’s shower products and the ladies hands. Not sure which to go for??

These sets aren't a bargain if you don't like everything. You're not tight just sensible.

Simple really but I do forget sometimes. I like most of both TSV options but I'm not sure I can find a home for what I don't like. In the past I would have bought just so I didn't miss out but now I try to give all purchases due consideration.

:angel:

Latest posts

Back