Molton Brown TSV 01/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved their makeup, the lipsticks brilliant. I still have trio eyeshadow palette I picked up in Frasers Glasgow. I refuse to through it out(powder products don't go off), but never actually use.

they did the best make up brushes to. and i loved their face lotion and honey beeswax lip balm. and don't get me started on the room spays

We have tried three flavours of Aldi handwash and were disappointed with them. They weren't as concentrated as the MB ones and didn't find the fragrance lasted once we had dried our hands. Usually buy our MB from outlet in Bicester but haven't been in the area this year.

side by side there is a smallish difference. with the rhubarb one it did not have the longevity of the hand wash scent ant its a tiny bit drying on the hands. but now we can't tell it apart. want to buy the other scents. i am hooked. won't say i won't buy the real deal anymore but for now its happy days

Back in the day MB had full sizes, half sizes and skin care in their TSVs all for around £20!!!!

They then where bought out by a Japanese company and disappeared from QVC. Not sure how well MB actually do in the real world? They seem to change products regularly, discontinued relaunched then renamed etc. They brought back the make up for a short while then it went, decided to do haircare again(MB actually started out in the 80s as hairdressers selling their own haircare products), which turned up in TKMaxx pretty quickly. They just seemed to have lost their way so much since being bought over. I do remember going into Frasers in Glasgow late 90s and they had MB hand wash and hand lotion in the ladies toilets and I thought 'How Posh!' The prices sky rocketed for the products. Most wait for the their 25% off sales which do happen a number of times a year.

I know from the QVC Facebook so many for a very long time kept begging them to bring back MB. I and number of people on here said you will never get the prices we used to get on TSVs etc. Sure enough when they did relaunch on QVC loads of mumbling about the prices.

Molton Brown started in 1973 when Caroline Burstein started making hair care products by hand. They introduced the body products six years later. I can be really mean to myself over many things in life & have always said that I'm a cheap date but MB are one of the brands I would never give up. I stock up throughout the year because even the smaller bottles are appreciated as a gift, my much-missed mum loved the brand & so do I.

A very young Jilly Halliday was a model for the bendy Molton Browners hair curlers (a cross between rag-rollers and pipe cleaners), but it's a look she didn't stick with.

When I first got married (early 80s) I wanted some too but had to make do with a set of "Poly Papilloten" from Boots. Anyone remember them? They were bright pink weird foam covered wire "pipe cleaners". They worked well and I managed to sleep in them; the only gizmo that curled my hair and it lasted all day! I bought a set of Molton Browners from QVC about 20 years ago but they weren't as good as my pink caterpillers!

I do like MB, my favourite being the pink pepperpod, both in the shower gel and the fragrance, but I usually buy it elsewhere at a cheaper price and with free P&P. By using TCB it reduces the price even more. I'm fairly well stocked up at the moment, but if the TSV is a good price and the fragrances appeal to me then I may find myself placing an order.

When I first got married (early 80s) I wanted some too but had to make do with a set of "Poly Papilloten" from Boots. Anyone remember them? They were bright pink weird foam covered wire "pipe cleaners". They worked well and I managed to sleep in them; the only gizmo that curled my hair and it lasted all day! I bought a set of Molton Browners from QVC about 20 years ago but they weren't as good as my pink caterpillers!

Yes I remember them. Ah the 80s. Never used as I have a natural kink in my hair anyway, I used to hate when I was asked if I have permed my hair? NO!

Here is photo of TSV, click to enlarge

21766768_1682253828460469_6576173362497740567_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's the purple one, that's my money saved then! I have more than one of the other two. I quite like trying the men's ones but think that could be too strong a set for me. So I'm out until the January sales.

for clarity

Mens Green Box

Tobacco Absoulte Body Wash 300ml
Cardamon & Cedarwood Body Wash 300ml
Black Pepperpod Body Wash 300ml

Lime & Patchouli Hand Wash 100ml
Lime & Patchouli Hand Lotion 100ml

Ladies Purple Box

Pink Pepperpod Body Wash 300ml
Ylang Ylang Body Wash 300ml
Intoxicating Davana Blossom Body Wash 300ml

Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Hand Wash 100ml
Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Hand Lotion 100ml

for clarity

Mens Green Box

Ladies Purple Box

It is not Lime and Patchouli.

It is Fabled Juniper and Lapp Pine!

for clarity

Mens Green Box

Ladies Purple Box

It is not Lime and Patchouli.

It is Fabled Juniper and Lapp Pine!

Q have messed up then as here is a pic from the blog about it http://blogs.qvcuk.com/preview-sundays-molton-brown-offer/

the pic they show is lime & patcholi
http://blogs.qvcuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/MB-1.jpg

but i do agree it is the juniper & pine one

Will has now changed the photo to show Lime and Patchouli his earlier one was obviously wrong

here is updated photo, click to enlarge

Attachments

• 21765312_1683579065019539_8931982491051200526_n.jpg
    21765312_1683579065019539_8931982491051200526_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Not ****** Ylang Ylang in it again!!!! I was looking forward to this but don't think i Will bother purchasing. I think it's a poor offering to be honest. Very disappointed!

Latest posts

Back