Please tell me why.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Why would you want a Diamonique (even though it is the BEST simulated diamonds--according to QVC) set in 9ct gold? I would think gold is the high cost but this is a fake diamond?Unless a plated 'gold' does wear away or there are sensitivity issues I don't see the point.I have some Diamonique pieces but I go for a cheap price & usually silver/white metal look and don't pay over the odds.

I suppose some would want an 'expensive' look without paying the price for it, and I reckon 9ct gold wont turn the finger green ! As for the cost, I wouldn't pay the prices for some of the Lola Rose or B & Wilson pieces when they creep over the £100 mark.

When Diamonique first came to QVC it was only in 14ct gold. They said it was the finest simulated diamond and deserved to be set in the best quality metal. As it was from QVC US their lowest recognized gold weight it 14ct, they consider 9ct to be interferer. We did get silver but it was really inexpensive, and even the 14ct gold cost what they are charging for silver pieces now.

People bought them to wear as engagement rings and wanted the wear of real gold. It was only when the gold prices went up so much they switched to silver but the prices for that when up too. Many people still ask for Diamonique in real gold, it does not tarnish for one and as said harder wearing.

I have some 14ct gold pieces bought in the late 90s early 00s and they are still as good as new. I never went for the big stones all mine as small and very believable.

The plated stuff looks too brassy to be real gold, I have seen it in real life and you just know its not real gold.

I too bought a couple of pieces in 14ct yellow gold mainly to wear on holidays. I have a 1carat solitaire engagement ring and a pair of studs totalling one carat. They have no sentimental value to me, so I wouldn't be upset if I lost them and they were cheap at the time because it was way before gold prices shot up. Yellow gold plate never looks the same colour, so it really stands out as being plated. I know a Graff diamond expert and he said my Diamonique engagement ring was really very good indeed and it was impossible to see it wasn't real without a loupe - a perfect alternative for holidays.

I have a couple of pairs of DMQ earrings a quarter carat pair and I can't remember the carat weight of the other pair. Quarter carat ones are studs and the others are lever back and have 3 stones per earring and look like a flower . The quality is really good and as Donna and Jaqualina have both said back in the day they were very reasonable.

i have some 14 carat gold diamonique that i bought when anthony kliger had a range on qvc. it was over £200 at the time and i bought in last clicks for under £90. its a full 3 row ring set with tiny1mm brilliant round cut stones top and bottom. and side set baguettes in the middle. i don't think a day goes past without a comment.everyone thinks its real because its not over the top. i have still got other rings in the 14 carat gold and have given all my daughters rings that they wear all the time.

Back in the day most of Q`s jewellery was good quality, not just diamonique. Lots of real gemstones, decent gold or silver weight and well made. Nowadays its mainly rubbish and you regularly see people posting how disappointed they with something or how stones have dropped out or how a piece has snapped or broken or how something simply isn`t worth the p and p let alone the asking price etc etc
I can`t remember the last time I bought jewellery from Q but I have some lovely pieces, mainly earrings, I bought years ago. Eek look a likeys are everywhere, cheaper and better made than the QVC version these days. Silver jewellery is also everywhere and also cheaper and better made and even though real gold, diamond or gemstone jewellery is much dearer than it used to be, good quality, well made stuff is also available too, just not on Q.

I can understand people buying fake stones for a bigger look, but if you want diamonique you'd be better off looking at what TJC have to offer these days, as Q prices for fake stuff are ridiculous. As others have said on here, I also have some jewellery pieces bought from Q years ago, and with one exception (where a stone fell out, but in all honesty I think it was because I caught it on something and pulled it), what I bought is still going strong and in perfect condition - and all of the pieces were very reasonably priced. Those days are long gone, as we now have to pay for Q having the likes of Michelle Mone, Ruth Langsford and other so-called "celebrities"?? on the channel.

I have a couple of pairs of DMQ earrings a quarter carat pair and I can't remember the carat weight of the other pair. Quarter carat ones are studs and the others are lever back and have 3 stones per earring and look like a flower . The quality is really good and as Donna and Jaqualina have both said back in the day they were very reasonable.

i have some newer pieces that are very beautifully made. i don't buy lots as i still have my older bits. investment in my opinion. diamonds of any decent grade are really expensive so why not cheat with Eeeek

I do remember years ago when many EEK pieces were set in 14ct gold but then gold prices shot up.I am more a white metal person so don't go very much for yellow gold but prefer 9ct to anything higher because of the colour so don't mind DMQ set in silver.The Yellow 'gold' versions look very false to me.

I can understand people buying fake stones for a bigger look, but if you want diamonique you'd be better off looking at what TJC have to offer these days, as Q prices for fake stuff are ridiculous. As others have said on here, I also have some jewellery pieces bought from Q years ago, and with one exception (where a stone fell out, but in all honesty I think it was because I caught it on something and pulled it), what I bought is still going strong and in perfect condition - and all of the pieces were very reasonably priced. Those days are long gone, as we now have to pay for Q having the likes of Michelle Mone, Ruth Langsford and other so-called "celebrities"?? on the channel.

Excellent point History, these slebs don't appear for goodwill, so someone has to bear the brunt of their salaries - and Mone won't come cheap !

I have got loads of old school eek set in gold I bought from Last Clicks many moons ago when you could pick up great bargains. I have a lovely tennis bracelet but it has snapped:mysmilie_51: P'd off about that.

I have got loads of old school eek set in gold I bought from Last Clicks many moons ago when you could pick up great bargains. I have a lovely tennis bracelet but it has snapped:mysmilie_51: P'd off about that.

get it fixed its worth it

Any ideas were I could get in fixed, its a box closure that has been lost. I did send it off once but they said they could not fix it.

Any ideas were I could get in fixed, its a box closure that has been lost. I did send it off once but they said they could not fix it.

Oh what a shame, have you a jeweller who makes jewellery near, they should be able to mend it.

Back in the day, when it was nearly always set in 14ct gold, I bought pieces because I liked them & the prices were reasonable, even with p&p at £2.45 per item which I then considered steep. The fact that it was faux never did & still doesn't bother me & I've never bought a piece that has disappointed me as far as style is concerned, however, more recent purchases haven't always matched the originals for quality. My absolute favourite is my 'Sonata' ring; central stone with a baguette one either side, large enough to be seen but neat enough to be passed off as real. It was to be a holiday ring but I wear it every day, it always gets compliments & the quality is excellent - no hollowed-out shank with this one.

I was left a small legacy and wanted to buy a really good quality piece of gold, preferably a bangle rather than just flutter it away.

Well....a heck of a lot easier said than done. I have travelled far and wide with no success so far.

Number 1, jewellers just don't hold a stock of gold items to show you
Number 2 anything they do stock is so boring - terrified to be anything but ultra safe
Number 3 - the prices for the lightest of items is eye watering (my budget is respectable so I'm not being unrealistic)
One jeweller is supposed to be getting me one from his supplier but 3 weeks and not a sausage. ( my purchase would probably be more than he would take in on a good day)

One jeweller will make me something but it's a bit of a gamble. She will also use very heavyweight old jewellery to make into a single bangle but the price on top of the scrap gold value is a fair bit.

TBH I've nearly gone off the idea it has been such a faff.

Oh what a shame, LATI. Such a nice idea for a legacy but it does sound the most awful faff.

Latest posts

Back