Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abi Cleeve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Abi Cleeve

She's demonstrating her skin care range on the morning repeat show and I'm surprised at the brown spots and freckles on the backs of her hands. I'm 62 and Abi can only be in her 40's but my hands are in better condition (I like to think !). Not a very good advert for Ultrasun.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I've got to agree, for all the Ultrasun skincare Abi is supposed to use, now this nonsense, sorry Skinsense, like Jill Franks who uses all and sundry, I think their skin is in no better condition than someone who uses just a cheapy moisturiser, and yes my hands and face are in great condition (if I say so myself) at 52 years young without the humongous QVC price tag.

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

genetics you can't get away with genetics
      Likes Glittergirl, Petespants liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised she has brown spots on the back of her hands considering the amount of Ultrasun she is constantly rubbing on the back of them when she is lecturing the masses on how to apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
      genetics you can't get away with genetics
      True, I have bony hands and feet plus brown spots on my hands, courtesy of dads genes. Dad had brown spots on his hands and he never went abroad or sunbathed.I also have prominent veins, which I have also had all my life. On the plus side at 69 I have only a few wrinkles round my eyes and I still get spots.

Likes boffy , Petespants liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to judge whether someone would still have the discolouration/freckles if they had been using SPF at high enough levels all through their lives. I would imagine that Abi's natural skin colouring puts her in the bracket of those whose skin ages more significantly.

My skin looks fairly good for my age, but I'm sure that the good skincare regime I employ is only part of the story.... and if I made different diet and lifestyle choices my skin might look a lot worse, or perhaps a lot better than it does today. That's probably true for most of us.

It does, however, seem a bit of "don't do as I do, do as I say".
      Likes Lemonpop, Petespants liked this post

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, but there's Ultrasun Anti-Pigmentation that Abi uses, isn't there?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Ultrasun-Sun-Pr...2.html?sc=SRCH

Post Thanks / Like

I use a basic handwash and my hands are reasonable for my age. It always confuses me as to the vast amounts of beauty brands and 'gunk' (technical term you understand), that is in the pots, bottles, jars etc and that they are do different jobs. I am aware that there are scientists/botanists etc, who work tirelessly to formulate the 'gunk', but it always puzzles me as to how the body knows what to do with the creams and potions that is being absorbed and to then change the body to reflect the 'supposed' changes of the 'gunk' that their human (the bodies) has put on their body. Is it a case of well I have spent the money so it is going to work (whether it actually does or not), or does some of these 'potions and lotions' actually work! I am aware that there is a lot of people going to be annoyed with me for this posting, but as someone who does not buy into a beauty regime of any kind (very very basic) and my skin is pretty good for my age, then it makes me wonder as it if is 'all in the mind'!

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

The whole beauty thing makes me laugh: if all these pricey beauty ranges QVC stocks worked, WHY would you need to plaster your face in the make-up QVC shills?

And why would guests. models and presenters be botoxed up to the eyeballs, or have had more invasive surgical procedures?

Is all just snake oil to make women feel insecure about their looks and buy loads of gunk. The last thing Elemis, Decleor etc want is an actual end to aging, because then they'd be out of jobs.
      Last edited by VapidStoat; 08-09-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My mum has lovely skin at 79 (with a few wrinkles of course) and only ever uses basic moisturising creams.My dad had a great skin.Neither has/ had brown spots .Maybe there is a genetic disposition for these which is triggered more with exposure of unprotected skin to the sun.The hands especially are left uncovered so are more prone to them.My skin is quite good and I use only Nivea soft and sun protection when needed.
      I do think some manufacturers use the insecurities of people to overinflate the effectiveness of their products.If they(products) were able to go deep into damaged skin and 'repair' so effectively,then why aren't burns victims and others with disfiguring skin conditions such as acne scarring also able to benefit from these creams .I'd love to see a demo' with a person with a real skin issue and not just someone who has already had plastic surgery .