Fashion Edit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I do like JK and think that in small/medium sized doses, she is professional, but also personable, however after yesterday's Fashion Edit show I am now not so sure. I aware that these shows often 'digress' and that is part of the 'attraction' of the show, but because they both have had (well RL still does), Morning TV Presenter jobs, they [JK and RL], probably feel like they have an 'infinity' with each other and whilst this does I suppose (in their eyes) make the show 'entertaining', it detracts from what the main crux of the channel is about it is 'selly telly', not a magazine show with a bit of selling thrown in for good measure. I mean Duncan Wood (presenter on Calendar (regional news channel), sent a tweet, now you are not really telling me that this extremely digresses from what the show is about. I know that some of the presenters have their regular own shows, AK with her jewellery (which she often does solo), KT presents The Morning Style (sometimes with Glen Campbell, but the dynamic here is good, it still focuses on the core aim of the channel which is to sell clothes), it is therefore confusing as to how this show has been able to 'get away' with digressing so much, it got to a point yesterday, where some of the comments were bordering on post-watershed' only and for a moment I thought CE was in the room. Because ( I know it is not English correct to start a sentence with 'because'), there were 'bantering' a lot, they tended then not to have enough time to relay important information about the clothes such as measurements, they just kept saying you can refer to the website or call the contact centre, now I know that the contact centre is going to be helpful, but they would probably then try to convert the enquiry to a sale (lets face it working in a contact centre they must surely have targets to adhere to), this again would put customers/potential customers on a back-foot as to whether to order the item or not.

No, whilst there is a good dynamic between them and I suppose the whole idea of the Fashion Edit show in the beginning was to have JK as the regular presenter, I think it is digressing too much. I mean even the 'Food Fest', with AP and DF does generally stick to the 'core' of what the show is about, yes there is banter, but it doesn't usually digress (how many times have I used that this post (sorry)), in to what passed yesterday!

Sorry for the long post and I also apologise if there are people on this forum who genuinely liked this show.

Can't stand spaniel ears- thinks she's too good for selly telly yet she's one of the worst presenters and never ever prepares for her shows which is unforgivable in my eyes.

I don't see the point of the shows with Ruth. unless it's to try and grab some of her This Morning (and now Strictly) audience. QVC does other shows where stylists put together cross-range outfits and they seem to survive without a celeb "name" behind it.

I think Jackie Kabler is the worst presenter to be doing any kind of fashion-type show. You get very little information about the clothing from her, and she more often than not looks like she's just crawled out of her gran's dirty clothes basket. And custard yellow is really not an attractive hair colour for her.

Did I read correctly that Katie was getting married, possibly today/this week.

I assume that this is the Katie "styoilst" who knows about as much about style as Albert Steptoe, what range of Q fashion, that she insists we MUST have because it is soooooo fashion forward, will she choose for her own wedding?

Next time I go shopping, I'll have to wish every shop assistant who I don't know, congratulations on their wedding day. :mysmilie_17:

Next time I go shopping, I'll have to wish every shop assistant who I don't know, congratulations on their wedding day. :mysmilie_17:

Also wait to be served as they chat to the other assistants, tell you that they can't say why they're laughing so much, squeal about your purchase - when they eventually get to do their job saying they MUST have one & generally make you feel that serving you is the last thing they want to do because they are sooooooo important.

Also wait to be served as they chat to the other assistants, tell you that they can't say why they're laughing so much, squeal about your purchase - when they eventually get to do their job saying they MUST have one & generally make you feel that serving you is the last thing they want to do because they are sooooooo important.

Are talking here about q presenters or the high street!

"Guess who?" she asked, which was difficult as her tongue was firmly in her cheek.

Did I read correctly that Katie was getting married, possibly today/this week.

I assume that this is the Katie "styoilst" who knows about as much about style as Albert Steptoe, what range of Q fashion, that she insists we MUST have because it is soooooo fashion forward, will she choose for her own wedding?

I wonder if her fiancée is the 'silent' type, - he needs to be, because he'll never get a word in edgeways.

I do like JK and think that in small/medium sized doses, she is professional, but also personable, however after yesterday's Fashion Edit show I am now not so sure. I aware that these shows often 'digress' and that is part of the 'attraction' of the show, but because they both have had (well RL still does), Morning TV Presenter jobs, they [JK and RL], probably feel like they have an 'infinity' with each other and whilst this does I suppose (in their eyes) make the show 'entertaining', it detracts from what the main crux of the channel is about it is 'selly telly', not a magazine show with a bit of selling thrown in for good measure. I mean Duncan Wood (presenter on Calendar (regional news channel), sent a tweet, now you are not really telling me that this extremely digresses from what the show is about. I know that some of the presenters have their regular own shows, AK with her jewellery (which she often does solo), KT presents The Morning Style (sometimes with Glen Campbell, but the dynamic here is good, it still focuses on the core aim of the channel which is to sell clothes), it is therefore confusing as to how this show has been able to 'get away' with digressing so much, it got to a point yesterday, where some of the comments were bordering on post-watershed' only and for a moment I thought CE was in the room. Because ( I know it is not English correct to start a sentence with 'because'), there were 'bantering' a lot, they tended then not to have enough time to relay important information about the clothes such as measurements, they just kept saying you can refer to the website or call the contact centre, now I know that the contact centre is going to be helpful, but they would probably then try to convert the enquiry to a sale (lets face it working in a contact centre they must surely have targets to adhere to), this again would put customers/potential customers on a back-foot as to whether to order the item or not.

No, whilst there is a good dynamic between them and I suppose the whole idea of the Fashion Edit show in the beginning was to have JK as the regular presenter, I think it is digressing too much. I mean even the 'Food Fest', with AP and DF does generally stick to the 'core' of what the show is about, yes there is banter, but it doesn't usually digress (how many times have I used that this post (sorry)), in to what passed yesterday!

Sorry for the long post and I also apologise if there are people on this forum who genuinely liked this show.

Yorky,
your comments re all the chit-chat was the basis of my complaint and subsequent email to the top banana at Q HQ in America. Clearly Kabler didn't get the memo to put a sock in it, but then, she always goes off piste and ends up giggling like a 2 year old, which is pathetic given the age of the woman.

I've never had a shop assistant congratulate me when I've bought something. Pippa , Flint and Jilly are the worst for saying Well done if you managed to purchase yours

Latest posts

Back