Irritating

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I KNOW she is popular with some posters, but (is her name Alison ?) the Diamonique guest is on in the background and all I'm hearing is I, I, I. I've been in the 'industry' since I was 18, I've been here for 5 years, I've got my own jewellery range, and then she tells us all about Audrey Hepburn - like we don't already know about her; then her knowledge of Coco Chanel.

Maybe its me, but she's not telling me anything I don't know already, and as for the jewellery - stating the 'bleedin' obvious about how to wear necklaces and earrings just leaves me laughing. Still, I suppose there are those out there that haven't a clue that necklaces are worn around the neck.

She's Fibby Flints mate, say no more. I can't stand her voice, it sounds so fake as if she's going to break down any second.

Just had a quick look and another irritating thing is, despite Axel constantly calling his brand (from M Asam stable) Flora Mar-a Alison beauty presenter keeps calling it Flora Mer-a, an "expert" who can't pronounce her guests brand name correctly, what a star. :mysmilie_15:

She`s the one who after one of the French terrorist attacks told people that buying an eek angel wing pendant would be a talisman to protect yourself or your loved ones. There was a big hue and cry about it on Q`s facebook page at the time. I saw the show and it was her and fibby flint together.

She`s the one who after one of the French terrorist attacks told people that buying an eek angel wing pendant would be a talisman to protect yourself or your loved ones. There was a big hue and cry about it on Q`s facebook page at the time. I saw the show and it was her and fibby flint together.

Well you know what, that doesn't surprise me, she's got QVC presenter written all over her. That was insensitive, disrespectful not to mention a disgusting thing to say. I'm so glad I was done with QVC years ago, never again. I remember Fibby Flint saying when those floods happened a couple of years back and thousands of people lost everything, that if you bought yourself some shape wear knickers, it'll make you feel better.........true fact.

I remember that very well , I even sent them a complaint. I won't watch her at all now (not that I watch much!).

She's Fibby Flints mate, say no more. I can't stand her voice, it sounds so fake as if she's going to break down any second.

Just had a quick look and another irritating thing is, despite Axel constantly calling his brand (from M Asam stable) Flora Mar-a Alison beauty presenter keeps calling it Flora Mer-a, an "expert" who can't pronounce her guests brand name correctly, what a star. :mysmilie_15:

Saw something the other day, not sure what beauty product it was and AY was talking about mousturising. She even said to moisturise if you went to the toilet during the night. According to her you cannot moisturise enough.

Yes remember that I was watching and can't believe she got away with it. I can't watch her goody two shoes act any more. And as for Flint lost count for the times last night on the TSV Laundh she promoted her b&b retreat how does she get away with it:mysmilie_51:

Saw something the other day, not sure what beauty product it was and AY was talking about mousturising. She even said to moisturise if you went to the toilet during the night. According to her you cannot moisturise enough.
I've heard her say she gets up in the night, specifically to reapply her favourite eye products. She also claims to use several of her favourite shower gels in one shower which I'd have thought would dry the skin but I suppose the QVC 'beauty expert' knows best.

Wonder which cheeks she's moisturising on the loo. :mysmilie_17:

I've heard her say she gets up in the night, specifically to reapply her favourite eye products. She also claims to use several of her favourite shower gels in one shower which I'd have thought would dry the skin but I suppose the QVC 'beauty expert' knows best.

After going to the doctors with very dry skin my other half was told NOT to shower every day. He uses Lidl baby bath and E45 cream and his skin is getting better. Going away at the weekend and he will be back to showering every day I am sure , hopefully not twice as is usual for him on holiday.

No wonder she has puffy eyes.

She also wears real fox fur, put the photo of herself on the QVC Facebook. Many did not take kindly to her after that.

She has been in the high end jewellery world for years, or so she insists on telling us.

I KNOW she is popular with some posters, but (is her name Alison ?) the Diamonique guest is on in the background and all I'm hearing is I, I, I. I've been in the 'industry' since I was 18, I've been here for 5 years, I've got my own jewellery range, and then she tells us all about Audrey Hepburn - like we don't already know about her; then her knowledge of Coco Chanel.

Maybe its me, but she's not telling me anything I don't know already, and as for the jewellery - stating the 'bleedin' obvious about how to wear necklaces and earrings just leaves me laughing. Still, I suppose there are those out there that haven't a clue that necklaces are worn around the neck.

Sorry, I beg to differ, I actually find her one of the most informative guests, yes she may be 'I'ing' a lot, but then lets face most guests are 'self-absorbed' so you can't really in all honesty hold that against her.

She also wears real fox fur, put the photo of herself on the QVC Facebook. Many did not take kindly to her after that.

She has been in the high end jewellery world for years, or so she insists on telling us.

Again, doesn't surprise me.

Sorry, I beg to differ, I actually find her one of the most informative guests, yes she may be 'I'ing' a lot, but then lets face most guests are 'self-absorbed' so you can't really in all honesty hold that against her.

That's what makes us all different our own personal opinions, I agree with brissles on this one, I can't bear more than a few minutes watching her while channel hopping, that voice! She's actually full of poop, telling people that a cut glass £14.99 ring is on par with real dianomds, absolute bollocks, would she swap her engagement ring for Diamonbleek, I don't think so.

I like her too and find her informative (well, as informative as anyone could be describing paste jewels for hours on end). There are only so many ways anyone can describe (shh!) cubic zircona, so I'll forgive her the odd lapse in taste and judgement. No one's perfect.

Last edited:
I like her too and find her informative (well, as informative as anyone could be describing paste jewels for hours on end). There are only so many ways anyone can describe (shh!) cubic zircona, so I'll forgive her the odd lapse in taste and judgement. No one's perfect.

Oh I agree, no ones perfect but the least you can expect is for someone who's trying to flog cut glass, not to use people's fears and insecurities or be so insensitive and disrespectful in order to sell it.

think my views are down to my 'age'. I feel the same way about the so called fashion stylists - none of 'em have a clue judging by the way they all dress to come on air.

As for Alison 'eek; as she likes to continually tell us that she's been in the 'business' for over 20 years, I'm very surprised that we didn't see her as an expert during the boom years of gem and gold jewellery when we had designated hours of specific gems ! but as an 'expert' surely it must be galling to come on and talk about cut glass.

Well you know what, that doesn't surprise me, she's got QVC presenter written all over her. That was insensitive, disrespectful not to mention a disgusting thing to say. I'm so glad I was done with QVC years ago, never again. I remember Fibby Flint saying when those floods happened a couple of years back and thousands of people lost everything, that if you bought yourself some shape wear knickers, it'll make you feel better.........true fact.

Ok, I didn't know that, but given some of the other comments (albeit glib, but a little insensitive in my view), then that is not called for as I don't do any traditional forms of Social Media (Facebook, twitter) then I didn't know this and I must have missed the show (one of the few), that she said that on, but yes that would have been insensitive (though I suppose (and I am not defending her in the least), the pressure of 'selly telly' and things said in the 'heat of the moment', could be used (though they must certainly aren't excusable) as her excuse.

KT, when she was interviewing the 'pillow man', about her daughters accident, said that he made the pillow after his daughter got run over, yes that is what happened but there are ways and means to be a bit more sensitive. I mean even CE was slightly (but this is normal for her) more sensitive.

Latest posts

Back