ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bristol

Registered Shopper
A direct quote from the Ideal World website

10 Reasons To Choose Fischer Heat:

Number 7
"Complete Heating Guarantee

Fischer promise that if your heater (installed by them) does not heat your room to 21 degrees, within 12 months, they’ll replace it free of charge." :mysmilie_17: Yes - you read it right; up to heat in 12 months!

See it for yourself at http://blog.idealworld.tv/10-reason...asons-choose-fischer-heat-Blog-Community-Mini

Amazing technology!

What you mean these heaters which are just storage heaters by the way, are better than the fantastic ceramic heaters that they have been flogging mercilessly for the last few years thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What angers me is the genuinely UTTER DRIVEL they spout when selling these. First, let me give you a scenario. You get up in the morning after the heating's been off all night or home after being out all day. It's freezing outside. Now, think about how cold your home probably is when you get up or get home. You put the heating on. It heats the property up. Some rooms might be warmer than others if you have thermostats set at various levels but in the main your entire house is warm. This of course comes in handy when you move from room to room as the hours roll by. You know, like most people do!

So, just remember how cold your entire house was in this scenario before you put the heating on.

These MUPPETS are saying one of the advantages of their heaters is you can buy one and simply heat the room you're in. And if you buy the wheel/castor kit (maybe it comes with this?) even easier as you can wheel the heater from room to room.

So, here's another scenario. You get home. Home freezing. You turn your one heater on. It's in the lounge. You sit down to relax in the lounge. The lounge heats up. An hour later you want to pop through to the (still freezing) bedroom for 20 mins for something. So you wheel your heater with you into the bedroom. The bedroom has just about warmed up 15-20 mins later, however now you're moving back to the (now freezing) lounge so you take the heater back through with you. The lounge gradually heats up. An hour later you want to go into the (still freezing) dining room for 15 mins ...

Get my point?!? I'm not saying central heating is cheap, however having appropriately set thermostats ensures all the rooms you want to be warm 'are' warm and of course you can set them to zero to have no heating in whatever room. And the heating will turn off and on as it needs to. I'd argue even if you need to watch the pennies it's better to have central heating on low than 'invest' in one or two of these heaters and have to wheel or lift them around!

And PLEEEEEEEEASE, stop referring to the fact they switch themselves off and on as if it's brand new technology .... heaters have had that feature for DECADES!!!

I'm actually not joking with my post. Yes I 'know' they're there to sell so they need to do the sales pitch thing but PLEASE don't treat us like IDIOTS!!! While I'm typing, also don't make a point of how well they retain the heat when you're demonstrating this in a warm tv studio under lights that you're happy enough to tell us (when selling other stuff) are extremely hot. Put the ceramic core in a freezing room and see if it retains the heat as long ...

Last edited:
A kilowatt of electricity gives a kilowatt of heat (one way or another) regardless of what type of electric heater you use.

A fan heater may heat the room up faster than a convector, but it also causes draughts, but after a while the room temperature will be the same.

Because the IW heaters have to heat up a ceramic core before any heat actually gets into the room, I think they will be very slow to heat the room.

Personally, I use a fan heater to boost my central heating in my main room if it is not too cold weather, and an oil-filled radiator when the weather gets cooler. Both from Lidl, about £10 and £39 respectively. And, of course, the oil filled radiator switches itself off and continues to give out heat just like the IW heaters.

A direct quote from the Ideal World website

10 Reasons To Choose Fischer Heat:

Number 7
"Complete Heating Guarantee

Fischer promise that if your heater (installed by them) does not heat your room to 21 degrees, within 12 months, they’ll replace it free of charge." :mysmilie_17: Yes - you read it right; up to heat in 12 months!

See it for yourself at http://blog.idealworld.tv/10-reason...asons-choose-fischer-heat-Blog-Community-Mini

Amazing technology!

You'd think that Peter Simon wrote that, it's the kind of sense he'd make. I thought I'd seen some badly worded things, but that takes the prize! At least I hope it's badly worded and not the truth, or that company is doomed.

Totally agree with all the posts here. They make me sick as they waffle on insinuating that you are somehow getting free heat. They never outright claim that. But instead talk on and on about the properties of ceramic as though you get something for nothing.

Stratobuddy nails it. A kilowatt of electricity gives you a kilowatt of heat.

As i have said before after installing literally must be thousands on storage heaters over a lifetime if i want a room heated quickly a fan heater will do the job and i would have gas central heating everytime

Latest posts

Back