Tarte TSV 08/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, it's the Ladies Night palette, not Showstopper. Don't think it's been available anywhere else.

IMG_20170914_101918732-01.jpg

I love red shades on eyes, I can also wear pink eyeshadows too. Think its because the whites of my eyes are very white. I have a number of red eyeliners I wear a lot, last one I bought was Marc Jacobs Fine Wine.

I love red shades on eyes, I can also wear pink eyeshadows too. Think its because the whites of my eyes are very white. I have a number of red eyeliners I wear a lot, last one I bought was Marc Jacobs Fine Wine.

Can't say my whites are super white, but I also like reddish shades on my eyes - I have medium brown eyes and those sorts of colours seem to really suit them, I'm definitely very tempted.

Donna255, the MJ liner sounds lovely - I have a liquid one from NYX in red (called Fire) and it looks amazing drawn over darker liners close to the eyelash line.

One woman complaining about the shades on offer. The Fair Beige is too dark for her and she said QVC should do Fair Neutral as they always do.

That's odd; I'd (at a pinch) wear Fair Neutral in the winter, but a pinker-toned Fair might look too pale on me (hard to explain but 40 years of foundation mistakes lead me to this conclusion) so I'll go for the Light Beige and see how it looks. I still like the new Doll10 foundation but having a stick is handy sometimes, and I really liked the Tarte Coloured Clay stick (worn as a foundation rather than a primer); hopefully the new stick one is similar. Calling their pink-toned foundations "beige" is bound to cause confusion.

Second delivery contains:

1 x Colored Clay CC Primer (14.5g) - a multi-tasking skin perfector that helps to brighten your skin and even out its appearance as well as blurring fine lines and imperfections
1 x Amazonian Clay Stick Foundation (9g)
1 x Rainforest of the Sea vol. II eyeshadow palette (1.5g) - featuring Pearl (white shimmer), Conch (off white), Sunset (yellow gold), Marina (caramel), Seaside (chestnut), Siren (dark brown), Breezy (shimmering slate) and Riptide (steel blue)
1 x Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara (0.24ml)
1 x The Lip Sculptor Lipstick and Lipgloss (3.5g, 2ml) - in VIP (cool nude)
1 x blending brush
1 x cosmetics bag

It lists both deliveries & says auto delivery only available on line but I can't get it to put the auto delivery in the basket! Only seems to want to accept a single one. Does anyone know a way round this?

I've bought 2 in different foundation shades, one for summer and one for winter.
Not that fussed on the autodelivery as I already have the palette and primer in the second drop.
Looking forward to trying the new foundation

thats because the auto-delivery isnt live to buy at the moment

I hope you're right. I've just seen this message on their Facebook page:

I just rang cs as some ppl have rung up cs and got auto delivery , cs just told me all auto delivery is sold out now !!!

Totally pathetic if that's true :(

I ordered mine this morning and there was no prompt in the ordering process saying anything about auto delivery

Well, I've had a re-think and decided not to buy afterall! Too many bits that I probably wouldn't use or end up flogging on ebay (mascara and lipstick). I wish QVC UK would stop trying to offer TSVs with auto-delivery; they just can't get it right! So they've launched the TSV for purchase early and with easy-pays, but lurking, not available yet, is a further drop. Die-hard Tarte zealots will be fed up if they've ordered early before they realise there's an AD option. Feasibly some may have received their TSV by the time it goes to air at the weekend. CS won't convert the order to AD, they could re-order when they realise and return the first set. Even then, there's no guarantee that future sets will be delivered as promised...they might be marooned at sea or similar dodgy excuse.

If you do order, don't forget you can order multiples of the same exact item on auto-delivery and then ring CS and ask them to refund the % over-paid p&p because their system can't process multiple Auto Delivery orders - they said it on facebook so it must be true!

Okay, I like the look of the palette and had a dither, then decided to go colour match myself on the Tarte own site. I was thinking Light Beige as Light Neutral works for me. Did the Find My Shade and in the stick it said no match! Try another foundation. I put in Light then tried cool which got the answer No, then decided to try Neutral and again No try a different foundation.

So perhaps the woman on QVC Facebook is right the beige paler shades are too dark?

The dither went back to a no looking again at the TSV. A palette brilliant, foundation okay, two brushes boring(I can give the mascara and a black eyeliner away), but the lipstick/gloss er no.

So its a no again, will wait a few weeks and see what price the palettes drop to on Ebay.

Latest posts

Back