QVC New Customer Code

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC New Customer Code

New to QVC? Get £5 off your first order with code FIVE4U
Promotion details

This promotional code may be used towards your first purchase from QVC when applied at the checkout at QVCUK.com, or via our call centre (0800 51 41 31). This promotional code may be used for merchandise only and cannot be redeemed for cash. A minimum purchase of £5, including P&P, is required. Customers with an existing QVC account, and QVC employees, are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

A whole £5 eh? So you'll basically still be paying the same price for your item, just getting the P&P knocked off. Another crap offer from QVC.

Compare to 10%, 20%, 25% off vouchers from virtually every other retailer heading into your inbox regularly.

[SARCASM ALERT]How fabulous, QVC sets the world alight with the expansive generosity of their incentives for loyal, longstanding (long-suffering) customers!

Yep, yet again an own-goal from QVC who are so busy trying to recruit new customers to replace the existing customers who are highly fed up with being taken for granted. What about "introduce a new customer to QVC and you both get a voucher code"?

Even with the paltry fiver off, they're still dearer than any other retailer, with absolutely prehistoric customer service to boot.

Wow a whole 5 quid. I`m sure people will fall over themselves to get a whole fiver off an overpriced piece of polyester clothing or a made in China £300 handbag or a plated lump of metal with real glass stones. Form an orderly queue folks.

There have been loads asking on Facebook about a code for first time shoppers. Others replied on behalf of QVC(as usual), that has been on the site for years and never any code. So now they have deemed oh so many complaints about QVC in general lets give them a fiver and shut them up.

When retailers reduce goods by 10% 20% 30% they are still making a profit. IMO the reduction is factored in to the original selling price so people think they are getting this huge reduction in price when things are on special offers or sale price etc. QVC are just one of the worst for this type of sales ploy. There is no such thing as a bargain on Q.

I'm inspired to move house, open a new bank account, register another email address and open a new Q account!

Anyone want a 3 bed semi near the sea?

:mysmilie_854:

A whole £5 eh? So you'll basically still be paying the same price for your item, just getting the P&P knocked off. Another crap offer from QVC.

Compare to 10%, 20%, 25% off vouchers from virtually every other retailer heading into your inbox regularly.

I know, sometimes (usually) it don't even pay for that! Also Q has been going for what 20+ years and this to my knowledge is the first time they have done a 'incentive code' and each of the presenters are going on as if it is the best things since 'sliced bread', er no, as you quite rightly point out, loads of retailers have been doing this for decades and with bigger discounts. Q, once again showing that they have missed the 'slow boat to China'!

When retailers reduce goods by 10% 20% 30% they are still making a profit. IMO the reduction is factored in to the original selling price so people think they are getting this huge reduction in price when things are on special offers or sale price etc. QVC are just one of the worst for this type of sales ploy. There is no such thing as a bargain on Q.

I often find it amusing when people are buying what they deem is a 'bargain' because they have bought something at a sale price and saved £200 or something, in some cases it is genuine, I know I have purchased a electronic toothbrush (never ever purchase these at full price, there are enough sales (Black Friday, Christmas etc) to warrant not to pay full price) and a computer that did go back up to full price (which I was surprised at, as I thought it would go up but perhaps not back up to full price), but in other cases it is factored in, certainly where Q fashion is concerned, some of the brands which I find overly excessive (Join (sorry if there are any 'Joinettes' in the forum), Yong Kim and H by Halston (I mean really who is going to purchase 2 basic T-shirts for nearly £40, I looked in my wardrobe I have similar from a well known shop (French for Good Shop) and they were just as soft and I could have bought about 8 for the price!

No the old adage is true a bargain is only a bargain if you really needed the item in the first place. My dad has loads of 'bargains', (we do plenty of car-boot sales with all these 'bargains'!)

QVC UK has nearly 3000 clothing items in their clearance section. No shop in the real world would hang on to stock hoping to sell it 5 years later with only 10% off. If they want to squeeze every last penny they can with a sale item they should operate them along the lines of a falling auction, lopping off a small amount daily until someone is tempted. I find myself looking at the same items for months and repeatedly talk myself out of buying (a) because the reduction still doesn't offset the postage charged, and (b) the item is probably way past it's sell by date whether it's make up, clothing or Xmas decorations!

QVC uses every trick in the book to sell stuff to us... and too many of us fall for it enough times for a successful business.

Until the sales model comes to a screeching, grinding halt, QVC will not change. They make derisory reductions in price (last clicks, clearance) and don't cut the P&P and stuff sells. They have no incentive to take a different approach.

What truly baffles me about their approach is that they are so dog-in-the-manger about stuff that has been on their shelves for years and still they won't properly deal with it! They should be charging every item in the warehouse "rent" for the shelf-space it occupies. So many pence per square centimetre per day. Even if it starts off at a fraction of a penny per day it does add up. The items which have been on their shelves for 5 years+ must now be impossible to break even on. The total absence of commercial thinking in this is extraordinary, and increases their costs and reduces their profits. What kind of a business can sustain that?

There is a reason why successful fashion retailers have so much stock movement, and why retailers who struggle have so little stock movement. Price it to sell. If you get to the end of a hard-and-fast deadline and it hasn't sell, move it into a sale and price it to sell again. If that doesn't sell, give it one last go at a lower price then move it out to a dedicated reseller. Just don't have things hanging around like the ghost of Christmas past when it is hopelessly out of fashion. Seasonal fashion items should be on the way out the door within 3 months of coming in the door, one way or another.

At least the beauty stuff (largely) has to be moved out once it hits 3 years (though we can all report on items still on the books long after the brand has gone bust or left QVC) - who wants to put rancid beauty products on their faces?

Similarly with food products - they have a limited shelf life and are more regulated anyway.

Someone on Q`s facebook thread complaining about the code for new customers and nothing for loyal customers etc has said she ordered 84 items from Q in August, only returned 3 of them and her bank contacted her cos they thought her account had been hacked. She isn`t happy that her loyalty isn`t being rewarded with a discount code but IMO it isn`t a code she needs but a psychiatrist.

Someone on Q`s facebook thread complaining about the code for new customers and nothing for loyal customers etc has said she ordered 84 items from Q in August, only returned 3 of them and her bank contacted her cos they thought her account had been hacked. She isn`t happy that her loyalty isn`t being rewarded with a discount code but IMO it isn`t a code she needs but a psychiatrist.

84 items in one month..........yikes!!!!! :wonder:

Or a debt counsellor. :sad:

QVC uses every trick in the book to sell stuff to us... and too many of us fall for it enough times for a successful business.

Until the sales model comes to a screeching, grinding halt, QVC will not change. They make derisory reductions in price (last clicks, clearance) and don't cut the P&P and stuff sells. They have no incentive to take a different approach.

What truly baffles me about their approach is that they are so dog-in-the-manger about stuff that has been on their shelves for years and still they won't properly deal with it! They should be charging every item in the warehouse "rent" for the shelf-space it occupies. So many pence per square centimetre per day. Even if it starts off at a fraction of a penny per day it does add up. The items which have been on their shelves for 5 years+ must now be impossible to break even on. The total absence of commercial thinking in this is extraordinary, and increases their costs and reduces their profits. What kind of a business can sustain that?

There is a reason why successful fashion retailers have so much stock movement, and why retailers who struggle have so little stock movement. Price it to sell. If you get to the end of a hard-and-fast deadline and it hasn't sell, move it into a sale and price it to sell again. If that doesn't sell, give it one last go at a lower price then move it out to a dedicated reseller. Just don't have things hanging around like the ghost of Christmas past when it is hopelessly out of fashion. Seasonal fashion items should be on the way out the door within 3 months of coming in the door, one way or another.

At least the beauty stuff (largely) has to be moved out once it hits 3 years (though we can all report on items still on the books long after the brand has gone bust or left QVC) - who wants to put rancid beauty products on their faces?

Similarly with food products - they have a limited shelf life and are more regulated anyway.

Your comments made interesting reading. But for some time now, Advanced Orders have been their mantra, so clearly don't want to order stuff in until they get confirmed orders.

As for the fiver incentive - well, its no incentive, its just about a coffee in Costas. The very fact they are stooping to such tactics means alarm bells are ringing.

I cannot imagine what these 84 items would be that the FB lady has bought in a month. That averages at 3 items a day. If it's fashion or beauty each item would be about £30.00 - £40.00 so by that reckoning alone she has spent roughly £3,000 {maybe more}plus the P&P:mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back