Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Wink QVC New Customer Code

QVC New Customer Code

New to QVC? Get £5 off your first order with code FIVE4U
      Promotion details

This promotional code may be used towards your first purchase from QVC when applied at the checkout at QVCUK.com, or via our call centre (0800 51 41 31). This promotional code may be used for merchandise only and cannot be redeemed for cash. A minimum purchase of £5, including P&P, is required. Customers with an existing QVC account, and QVC employees, are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
      Thanks alter ego , lilith thanked for this post

STAR IN THE HOOD

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Its kicking off on the QVC Facebook page about this. Loads of What About The Loyal Customers?

One binlid has said QVC can't win! Daft cow.

› See More: QVC New Customer Code
      Likes Tarketta liked this post

DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
      When retailers reduce goods by 10% 20% 30% they are still making a profit. IMO the reduction is factored in to the original selling price so people think they are getting this huge reduction in price when things are on special offers or sale price etc. QVC are just one of the worst for this type of sales ploy. There is no such thing as a bargain on Q.
      I often find it amusing when people are buying what they deem is a 'bargain' because they have bought something at a sale price and saved £200 or something, in some cases it is genuine, I know I have purchased a electronic toothbrush (never ever purchase these at full price, there are enough sales (Black Friday, Christmas etc) to warrant not to pay full price) and a computer that did go back up to full price (which I was surprised at, as I thought it would go up but perhaps not back up to full price), but in other cases it is factored in, certainly where Q fashion is concerned, some of the brands which I find overly excessive (Join (sorry if there are any 'Joinettes' in the forum), Yong Kim and H by Halston (I mean really who is going to purchase 2 basic T-shirts for nearly £40, I looked in my wardrobe I have similar from a well known shop (French for Good Shop) and they were just as soft and I could have bought about 8 for the price!

No the old adage is true a bargain is only a bargain if you really needed the item in the first place. My dad has loads of 'bargains', (we do plenty of car-boot sales with all these 'bargains'!)
      Likes Tarketta liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

QVC UK has nearly 3000 clothing items in their clearance section. No shop in the real world would hang on to stock hoping to sell it 5 years later with only 10% off. If they want to squeeze every last penny they can with a sale item they should operate them along the lines of a falling auction, lopping off a small amount daily until someone is tempted. I find myself looking at the same items for months and repeatedly talk myself out of buying (a) because the reduction still doesn't offset the postage charged, and (b) the item is probably way past it's sell by date whether it's make up, clothing or Xmas decorations!
      Thanks maymorganlondon thanked for this post

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

QVC uses every trick in the book to sell stuff to us... and too many of us fall for it enough times for a successful business.

Until the sales model comes to a screeching, grinding halt, QVC will not change. They make derisory reductions in price (last clicks, clearance) and don't cut the P&P and stuff sells. They have no incentive to take a different approach.

What truly baffles me about their approach is that they are so dog-in-the-manger about stuff that has been on their shelves for years and still they won't properly deal with it! They should be charging every item in the warehouse "rent" for the shelf-space it occupies. So many pence per square centimetre per day. Even if it starts off at a fraction of a penny per day it does add up. The items which have been on their shelves for 5 years+ must now be impossible to break even on. The total absence of commercial thinking in this is extraordinary, and increases their costs and reduces their profits. What kind of a business can sustain that?

There is a reason why successful fashion retailers have so much stock movement, and why retailers who struggle have so little stock movement. Price it to sell. If you get to the end of a hard-and-fast deadline and it hasn't sell, move it into a sale and price it to sell again. If that doesn't sell, give it one last go at a lower price then move it out to a dedicated reseller. Just don't have things hanging around like the ghost of Christmas past when it is hopelessly out of fashion. Seasonal fashion items should be on the way out the door within 3 months of coming in the door, one way or another.

At least the beauty stuff (largely) has to be moved out once it hits 3 years (though we can all report on items still on the books long after the brand has gone bust or left QVC) - who wants to put rancid beauty products on their faces?

Similarly with food products - they have a limited shelf life and are more regulated anyway.
      Likes Oceanfox , Tarketta , Akimbo liked this post

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on Q`s facebook thread complaining about the code for new customers and nothing for loyal customers etc has said she ordered 84 items from Q in August, only returned 3 of them and her bank contacted her cos they thought her account had been hacked. She isn`t happy that her loyalty isn`t being rewarded with a discount code but IMO it isn`t a code she needs but a psychiatrist.
      Likes Anna , loveheart liked this post

11.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
      Someone on Q`s facebook thread complaining about the code for new customers and nothing for loyal customers etc has said she ordered 84 items from Q in August, only returned 3 of them and her bank contacted her cos they thought her account had been hacked. She isn`t happy that her loyalty isn`t being rewarded with a discount code but IMO it isn`t a code she needs but a psychiatrist.
      84 items in one month..........yikes!!!!!
      Likes loveheart , iloveshopping liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

P&P alone will be over £300.00. !!

15.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
      Or a debt counsellor.
      Likes loveheart liked this post

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      QVC uses every trick in the book to sell stuff to us... and too many of us fall for it enough times for a successful business.

Until the sales model comes to a screeching, grinding halt, QVC will not change. They make derisory reductions in price (last clicks, clearance) and don't cut the P&P and stuff sells. They have no incentive to take a different approach.

What truly baffles me about their approach is that they are so dog-in-the-manger about stuff that has been on their shelves for years and still they won't properly deal with it! They should be charging every item in the warehouse "rent" for the shelf-space it occupies. So many pence per square centimetre per day. Even if it starts off at a fraction of a penny per day it does add up. The items which have been on their shelves for 5 years+ must now be impossible to break even on. The total absence of commercial thinking in this is extraordinary, and increases their costs and reduces their profits. What kind of a business can sustain that?

There is a reason why successful fashion retailers have so much stock movement, and why retailers who struggle have so little stock movement. Price it to sell. If you get to the end of a hard-and-fast deadline and it hasn't sell, move it into a sale and price it to sell again. If that doesn't sell, give it one last go at a lower price then move it out to a dedicated reseller. Just don't have things hanging around like the ghost of Christmas past when it is hopelessly out of fashion. Seasonal fashion items should be on the way out the door within 3 months of coming in the door, one way or another.

At least the beauty stuff (largely) has to be moved out once it hits 3 years (though we can all report on items still on the books long after the brand has gone bust or left QVC) - who wants to put rancid beauty products on their faces?

Similarly with food products - they have a limited shelf life and are more regulated anyway.
      Your comments made interesting reading. But for some time now, Advanced Orders have been their mantra, so clearly don't want to order stuff in until they get confirmed orders.

As for the fiver incentive - well, its no incentive, its just about a coffee in Costas. The very fact they are stooping to such tactics means alarm bells are ringing.
      Likes maymorganlondon liked this post

19.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot imagine what these 84 items would be that the FB lady has bought in a month. That averages at 3 items a day. If it's fashion or beauty each item would be about £30.00 - £40.00 so by that reckoning alone she has spent roughly £3,000 {maybe more}plus the P&P

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising