Cozee Home TSV 10/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear. I resisted the last one as I don't think the velvetsoft would be warm enough in winter for me. I use the Angel Plush in summer as I find it quite cooling.

Anyone own both the velvetsoft and angel plush that can do a kind of texture comparison for me? I love the feeling of the AP but it's very hard on the washing machine as it gets so heavy when wet. Time-consuming, too, as I have a superking and have to put sheet and duvet cover in separately.

Cozee Home Heated Plush Washable Throw with Foot Pocket & 9 Settings
Item Number: 806324
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £4.95

Crafted from Cozee Home's bestselling Angel Plush fabric, this heated throw features nine temperature settings and a foot pocket at the end to hug your toes and help keep them warm. This soft and snug design is the perfect gift for anyone who feels the cold, or a special treat for yourself if you need help accepting the arrival of this chilly weather.

The heat is on - the throw offers a personalized heat to suit you. There's a choice of eight numbered heat levels, and the ninth is labelled H for high. The highest setting operates for an hour, and then will automatically drop to the lowest setting as a clever heat protection feature. You also have 90 minute and 12 hour timer settings, so you can leave the power on worry-free.

Stylish accessory - the luxe throw also acts as an on-trend home accessory for your sofa or bed. You can choose from versatile solid block colours or Cozee Home's exciting new Tartan pattern to add a classic cottage touch to any room.

Easy care comfort - once you've removed the heat controller, the blanket is fully machine washable. Simply detach the heating system and throw the blanket in the wash to keep it clean and fresh.

Digital display
Not suitable for children under 3 years
Not recommended for use by anyone insensitive to heat
Controller must not be folded inside throw while throw is still warm
100% polyester plush fleece
Machine washable at 40 degrees (after detaching plug and cord)

Colour options:

Taupe
Silver Grey
Tartan
Purple
Red

Technical specifications:

Voltage: 220V - 240V
Wattage: 120W
Protection: overheating and overcurrent
Power supply: UK standard plug
Cord length: 3.2m (10'5")
Throw (l x w): 160cm x 120cm (63" x 47.2")
Weight: 1.5kg

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806324

Why would anyone WANT a heated fur throw ???? it might be chilly indoors, but a couple of minutes under any throw /slankett then you get body heat warm anyway - if you need extra heat just stick a hot water bottle underneath. I cant understand the concept.

Why would anyone WANT a heated fur throw ???? it might be chilly indoors, but a couple of minutes under any throw /slankett then you get body heat warm anyway - if you need extra heat just stick a hot water bottle underneath. I cant understand the concept.

Don't knock it till you've tried it Brissles. :) I am the hottest person on earth (heat wise) always too hot but I have one and believe me there is nothing like snuggling under the heated throw on a cold winters evening or when you feel poorly. It's the best item I've ever bought from Q.

Point taken Loveheart. But having had a slanket - which I've found great to use when feeling poorly on the sofa - the body heat created evolves in a few minutes, and any extra heat would turn it into a sauna wrap !

I bought a heated throw from the Lakeland sale years ago before my bad knees and back were diagnosed and the heat was great to help me relax clenched muscles which were compounding the pain. However, since I hit the menopause I can't use it, just too hot, I doubt I'd cope with a slanket so I just use microwave heat bags - easy to discard if I start to overheat. Definitely a 30 day MBG trial if you fancy it.

I think a long, fluffy, 100% polyester (fleece) zipped dressing gown suffices. I always found with the Slanket I bought years ago that if I needed to get up and toddle the loo or the kitchen, I had to fling it off and the warmth vanishes, so it didn't do anymore than my five pound fleece throw I bought from Poundstretcher. I know people like these sort of things and it's a case of each to their own but at almost £27 for a Slanket and £45 for an elecy blanket that you can buy elsewhere for half the price, it seems that if you pop the words "Cozee Home" (QVCs own brand) in front, it magically doubles the price...........genius! :mysmilie_14:

I'm struggling with the hot flushes which turn me clammy. I cannot take any oestrogen supplements so trying English sage tablets. It seems like I have to tak them for a month before I see any benefit. It's been about 2 weeks and no improvement at all at the moment.

I'm struggling with the hot flushes which turn me clammy. I cannot take any oestrogen supplements so trying English sage tablets. It seems like I have to tak them for a month before I see any benefit. It's been about 2 weeks and no improvement at all at the moment.

The only really bad symptom I had were hot flushes which lasted for years (still get them now and then 20 years later). I used to take homeopathic sage liquid drops in water and found it helped a good bit. I just couldn't take anything which caused extra heat. Hang in there and hopefully they will help.

When I see ladies of a certain age out in sleeveless tops in December without a coat, my heart goes out to them as I know exactly what they are going through.

I've been having hot flushes for ten years and counting. I keep hoping they'll stop, but ladies older than me keep telling me they don't. Ever. Sigh.
(That'll be me you've seen out without a coat in December, I'm quite well known for it round here, that, and also having my windows open all year round!)

The thermostat must blow a fuse after a certain number of years cos I see lots of little old ladies pottering around town in a full coat and stockings (think Nora Batty not Rocky Horror) at the high of Summer! My Dad used to call my Mum "the human barometer", she was always too hot or too cold, no happy medium! I'm doomed!

I really feel for you all .....I have HRT now ....I used to get panicky feelings than a a flush ...awful ...I used to hate the frozen section of the supermarkets ...and then I ran to them when the flushes started ...HRT such a controversial subject and my doc always warns me of an possible side affects ...there has been more studies and they say that it's not as bad as first thought and there are many women suffering when they neeed not be ....It's worth reading up the recent studies that have been printed ....smoking and alcohol can aggravate it but I don't do either and still had them bad ...and the moods ...whooaaaa change of personality more like ...I would get right narky and then be in floods of tears and appogetic to other half as I was as confused as he was as to what was happening to me ...I've spoken to a few other ladies that I know and a few are looking into HRT ... once the hormones drop depression can set in ...serotonin dropping causes that our happy hormone ...ugh ...I could go on ladies but you get the gist no doubt ...you can pull and tweek the dosage too ...if I've repeated anything that might have been mentioned I apologise ..I just saw the posts and dived in ...xx

May, I used to have terrible panic attacks in shops when a hot flush started and had to get to the front door immediately. The number of times Mr L had to either finish the shopping or put the things back whilst I was gasping for fresh air!

I never considered HRT as apart from the flushes I didn't have it as bad as many (but dear Lord it drags on for half a lifetime). Mr L will totally disagree as he says my moods would have given a swingometer a good run for its money, but we will gloss over that!

I don't know if it was a good or bad thing but I started my periods very early and the menopause started in my mid forties.

May, I used to have terrible panic attacks in shops when a hot flush started and had to get to the front door immediately. The number of times Mr L had to either finish the shopping or put the things back whilst I was gasping for fresh air!

I never considered HRT as apart from the flushes I didn't have it as bad as many (but dear Lord it drags on for half a lifetime). Mr L will totally disagree as he says my moods would have given a swingometer a good run for its money, but we will gloss over that!

I don't know if it was a good or bad thing but I started my periods very early and the menopause started in my mid forties.

You did well to cope with them without it loveallthingsitalian...I thought I was going ga ga when they started ..hot flushes ..herbals calmed them for a while but not for long ...they can put man on the moon but we can't get a totally agreeable way of easing menopause symptoms ...Life is too short to be affected like that ..we deserve and earn our right to enjoy the older years of our lives ...I really hope ladies who hanvt found relief can either look more into the HRT route if safe for them to do so or an alternative help ...We have enough challenges ...good luck ladies ...Lorraine Kelly and Carol vorderman were very honest about their experiences with menopause and I have to lift my hat to them ...made me feel like " yes this is normal ..others are going throgh it and it's something we can all try to get help with " Carol said she felt sucildal and it was only because of her daughter that she couldn't go throgh with it ...didn't think much about her before ...but bless her ..brave to open up,and I really hope this inspired others to get help ..either with counselling or some sort of medication that can ease things for them ..

Oh thank you all so much for posting about hot flushes. I have started with them + am suffering badly at the moment. It's awful at work as everyone else is freezing + won't have the windows open. I have been on the verge of tears all morning with it. I am not coping at all. I thought it was only me that felt panicky and anxious. It has really helped to know I am not alone.

Whitesnake, go and chat with your GP about options, it's worth knowing what they are even if you decide not to take up any of them. I didn't want to take HRT, but I would consider herbal options. Prior to my retirement, I fell out with all my colleagues, as I kept turning the heating off and opening windows when they weren't looking! Younger women just don't understand how it feels. I kept telling them, your turn will come!

Latest posts

Back