Create and Craft TV Live at AFCI's Creativation in Phoenix, Arizona AND launching New and Exciting products in their World Wide Week Event

Toy Story Create and Craft will be once again returning to the Association for Creative Industry's Creativation Show this January; the huge crafting trade show, this year hosted in Phoenix, Arizona. Create and Craft will be broadcasting live links onto both their UK and US channels and via Facebook Live from Phoenix throughout the event which runs from Thursday 18th to Monday 22nd January.

Creativation is one of the most exciting events in the Create and Craft calendar and showcases over 300 exhibitors which enables Create and Craft to bring you the latest news and trends for 2018 from the comfort of your own home. This is Create and Craft's sixth year broadcasting.....

Read More.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

@alterego. To keep my lower legs warm, I wear leg warmers. I bought a few wool sets on eBay. I sometimes wear socks too but strangely my feet go from freezing cold to boiling hot. I also have a throw over the bottom of the bed to give lower legs and feet extra warmth. This coupled with throwing off all the bedclothes when a hot flush comes is a pain to manage
    Thanks alter ego thanked for this post
    Likes May liked this post

2.    Tune into Price Crash - Sky Channel 677

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Just read that Davina McCall felt dreadful until she had HRT ...( I misspelt as divan McCall lol no wonder she felt hot lol )
    Jokes aside ...luckily mostly women do talk about these things more now ...and we don't tend to bottle things up and so much info out there ...Must be so difficult being a fella sometimes ...not as easy it seems for them to express how they are feeling even to friends and family ...
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

4.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshopping View Post
    @alterego. To keep my lower legs warm, I wear leg warmers. I bought a few wool sets on eBay. I sometimes wear socks too but strangely my feet go from freezing cold to boiling hot. I also have a throw over the bottom of the bed to give lower legs and feet extra warmth. This coupled with throwing off all the bedclothes when a hot flush comes is a pain to manage
    Thanks ILS.

The best throw I've found for bed is a teddy fleece from Dunelm. It's light and breathable. I've had awful sweats with some throws I've used.

Sheepskin slippers and boots have been my best buy for my feet and legs, but I also bought some wool lap blankets from the volunteers at the local hospital and they're great for my feet and lower legs. I don't have much strength in one leg so these are better than a full size throw for me (like the one that's now on my bed!).

ETA: the heated throw is still my best friend when the winter sets in.
    Thanks May thanked for this post

6.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

i have just started some primrose oil to help me with some menopause symptoms.

8.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    i have just started some primrose oil to help me with some menopause symptoms.
    I've been using Starflower oil for over a month (alongside the patches that don't seem to work). No results yet. I took EPO when I was younger in an effort to curb my awful PMS symptoms. No results there, but Agnus Castus worked well.

I've been wondering about trying it again for meno symptoms seeing as they obviously had an effect on hormonal symptoms for me.
    Likes May , boffy liked this post

10.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about 2 weeks in taking 500mg of Sage Leaf for menopausal hot flushes. This is the one which has Rosmarinic Acid, not the spanish sage which has oestrogen in it. I have been told not to take oestrogen due to a lump in my breast which was very dodgy and the reason why I had to stop taking HRT.
    I am supposed to take the sage leaf for a month before the effects can be judged. I have been taking a 500mg tablet and will be trying to take a second one every day from now on as I seem to tolerate the sage leaf ok. I still have loads of flushes. It is difficult to know if they would be worse if I wasn't taking it.

12.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshopping View Post
    I'm about 2 weeks in taking 500mg of Sage Leaf for menopausal hot flushes. This is the one which has Rosmarinic Acid, not the spanish sage which has oestrogen in it. I have been told not to take oestrogen due to a lump in my breast which was very dodgy and the reason why I had to stop taking HRT.
    I am supposed to take the sage leaf for a month before the effects can be judged. I have been taking a 500mg tablet and will be trying to take a second one every day from now on as I seem to tolerate the sage leaf ok. I still have loads of flushes. It is difficult to know if they would be worse if I wasn't taking it.
    It seems that every time I've turned the telly on for the last month there's been something on about menopause - usually "celebrities" of one kind or another gushing on about how wonderful HRT has been for them. The one thing they're had in common is the use of the gel form that can be tweaked. I've asked AND mentioned by name if I can try it, but been told it doesn't exist. Heart disease has killed most of my mother's side before 55 so I want to take it for the heart protective side effect.

Instead, I've been offered non-hormonal meds like Prozac and anti-depressants. One which has been mentioned a few times by several of the telly docs on morning telly is a med for blood pressure (can't remember the name, sorry). Could you ask the GP about these if the sage doesn't work? I've looked it up and the reviews have been mixed, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you - and am considering it myself if I don't get HRT sorted.

I hope you find something that helps. I'm finding the flushes totally miserable due to the way my body reacts to temperature extremes, let alone the miseries from the other symptoms. Think OH is starting to get a bit fed up with my moods as much as I am!
    Likes iloveshopping liked this post

14.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

I think a bit of tweaking and pulling the dosage and product could help ...one size doesn't fit all ....I might need more of a dosage at some point but so far it's ok ...really hope that is the case for all you ladies here ...Goodness knows we have enough to contend with at our time of life ...half the battle without all the symptoms of meno hitting us too

16.    Advertisment