Whoever Said Reviews Are Being Hidden Is Right

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndyW

Registered Shopper
I can't remember who, but someone on this forum suggested that Gems was not displaying Feefo reviews on some products. At the time, I put it down to technical glitches because, unless the product sells out (and the item page is withdrawn from the website) reviews tended to appear in time. However, I think I'm wrong.

Attached are two pics: a recent Feefo bad review and the associated product page. So:

- Only two sizes are left so it would be unusual for none of the buyers of the other sizes not to have left any reviews.

- The recent Feefo reviewer says that they wished they'd taken notice of the bad reviews before purchasing. There are no reviews on the product page at all - not even a star rating.

Conclusion? Gems must control what gets posted from Feefo in to their database. So, like the comments on how QVC "creates" it's review library, I guess you have to research across the internet to find out about a product and not rely on so-called independent reviews on a merchant's site.

I'm sure this isn't news to the savvy crowd on here but, for me, it's one of the last nails in the Gems coffin. Oh well.

CROP_20170915_075846.jpg
CROP_20170915_075925.jpg

Negative reviews are not included .I know this as after buying items which I was not really that satisfied with and then getting emails with links to review on Feefo I reviewed truthfully.Needless to say my reviews never appeared.I spent at least 2 hours looking.Some reviews for JM which was then sister channel to Gems were so 'creep ars** ' they made me want to throw up.Words like'You're the best'' xxxx fave' 'never go any where else ' Doesn't really do much to inform about quality or service.However, it gets published.My reviews mentioned inaccurately described products,broken stones and sterling silver than turned the colour of brass.The truth was not allowed.Feefo is in my opinion not impartial.

I've even had requests for reviews before the item to be reviewed has arrived!!

If a person is exhuberant with the compliments(especially about the company)and presses that x key until the paint wears off of they get reviews included even if they are useless as reviews.If a person criticises,even if in a constructive way and with good reason ,the review disappears.I would never bother with Feefo as I like to be able to tell the truth.

Last edited:
Just to add to the mix I have found that you might look at an item and the details may say Rated 3.5/5 based on 3 customer reviews so you then scroll down and all you will see are the two positive reviews so what should I deduce regarding the absence of the lesser review?
On other times you will see that Gemporia will crow about an item has only five star reviews. Thats sort of curious as when you score an item for Gemporia you don't have a five star option but only Excellent, Good, Poor or Bad. From my research it seems that Gemporia will categorise an item as five star if it only has feedback of Excellent OR Good which really means always not Poor or Bad which seems a manipulation of the data to me.

BTW AndyW - regarding the original posting that suggested that Gemporia don't display all reviews that have been posted on Feefo - guilty as charged here!! :mysmilie_17:

Hoping that this is my last addition to this thread!

The Feefo page for Gemporia states
'Feedback for www.gemporia.com has been compiled from 304317 Customer Reviews'

The Gemporia home page
98% from 398,586 reviews

Thats quite a disparity! Just saying. :wonder:

Seems it depends on how you get to the Feefo pages as to what total figure gets displayed. Just makes me more certain that the use of the Feefo feedback is cynical and manipulative and just underlines the company policy that the 30 day non quibble money back entitles them to distribute items that do not match the quality inferred from the on screen presentation or the reality that the items are not of merchantable quality and quickly deteriorate under normal usage. Just remember that Gemporia only guarantee their items of jewellery for a period of six months and that any piece that proves faulty after six months is outside of their guarantee - as much as they use the word legacy!

Last edited:
I have always treated review websites with a large pinch of salt, and I don't think Gemporia are the only ones whose site is economical with the truth. I do not believe websites are impartial and to claim that they put all reviews, good and bad, on display is being disingenuous, to say the least, because they don't. On the subject of Gems, Adina is flogging a blue topaz she claims looks like a blue Paraiba, when the colour is actually nothing like a Paraiba. They should really be jumped on by the ASA for saying things like this and she's one of the worst offenders. I know Adina never looks exactly smart and tidy, but I cannot believe how scruffy and slobby she looks tonight - her hair is a tangled mess of rats tails and her dress is falling off her. Her constant habit of rubbing or fingering her nose (I'm being polite, I could have described it as picking her nose) makes me feel queasy, I wish she would keep her fingers away from her nose - why the heck doesn't someone tell her?

Unrelated but slightly similar; Sunday afternoon 13:45 and Angeline is having another go at selling that ****** MNRJ83 JEWEL OF BOUDI currently scoring scoring something dreadful but if you find the item on the website you can't see the feedback as THIS PRODUCT IS BEING AUCTIONED
(I just looked again and now the feedback is there: Rated 2.55/5 based on 57 customer reviews)
These must be among the most returned items in Gemporias inventory. Every time it gets the big sell and a few days later the Poor and Bad ratings start to flow in. I am sure that Angeline will make a spirited go of adding sales of this to her daily figures.
On the subject of Adina, presenter that has never actually finished a sentence, I am guessing that as long as her sales figures hit target no one at Gems entirely cares what she says to achieve it. She is appalling with the picking, the scratching, the hauling her hair about and not to mention the perilous situations with her choice of clothing and its ability to be on the verge of displaying her bust. But I get the feeling that cross her at your peril. And Steve just wants her to shift inventory.

As far as ASA is concerned it constantly seems to me that these channels are beyond the reach of the ASA as the presenters are loose cannons that exaggerate the properties of the items that they are selling but that these statements are lost the moment that they are said - unless there is still such a thing as a recording of transmission. But if ASA did start on them the whole sector would become impotent and the ASA would have a lifetime of work.

I have always treated review websites with a large pinch of salt, and I don't think Gemporia are the only ones whose site is economical with the truth. I do not believe websites are impartial and to claim that they put all reviews, good and bad, on display is being disingenuous, to say the least, because they don't. On the subject of Gems, Adina is flogging a blue topaz she claims looks like a blue Paraiba, when the colour is actually nothing like a Paraiba. They should really be jumped on by the ASA for saying things like this and she's one of the worst offenders. I know Adina never looks exactly smart and tidy, but I cannot believe how scruffy and slobby she looks tonight - her hair is a tangled mess of rats tails and her dress is falling off her. Her constant habit of rubbing or fingering her nose (I'm being polite, I could have described it as picking her nose) makes me feel queasy, I wish she would keep her fingers away from her nose - why the heck doesn't someone tell her?

ah, was that Adina in the pink dress? Second time I have seen her in that this week. She really is an infuriating presenter.

In the three years or more i shopped with gems we were never sent a review to fill at all, we spoke to feefo who wanted to but for some reason gems blocked it, at that time we didnt have any major complaints, we put it down to the fact we live in Spain, strange eh.

Unrelated but slightly similar; Sunday afternoon 13:45 and Angeline is having another go at selling that ****** MNRJ83 JEWEL OF BOUDI currently scoring scoring something dreadful but if you find the item on the website you can't see the feedback as THIS PRODUCT IS BEING AUCTIONED...As far as ASA is concerned it constantly seems to me that these channels are beyond the reach of the ASA...

Personally, I think that the Jewels of Boudi item was the closest they came to a real bait-and-switch item and I wouldn't be surprised if someone had actually gone to Trading Standards or ASA over that one. (They're required to keep video archive for a period.)

OMG, I really do try not to say too much about presenters, but i just cannot help myself this time, last night i was clicking around on the computer and had a quick look at Gems, when Adina had the pink top on that others have mentioned, at one point she was showing more of her bra than the top, i mean for heavens sake hasnt she got any dignity at all and doesnt anyone tell her about the image she is portraying of the gems family values claptrap etc, what does she see if she ever looks in the mirror, unbelievable and unnecessary.

OMG, I really do try not to say too much about presenters, but i just cannot help myself this time, last night i was clicking around on the computer and had a quick look at Gems, when Adina had the pink top on that others have mentioned, at one point she was showing more of her bra than the top, i mean for heavens sake hasnt she got any dignity at all and doesnt anyone tell her about the image she is portraying of the gems family values claptrap etc, what does she see if she ever looks in the mirror, unbelievable and unnecessary.

She is the worst dressed presenter on there. I wonder how she gets away with flashing her cleavage. Don't know who she is hoping to attract but its not a good look. Her hair always looks a mess too. I think she only gets away with it because she is one of the originals and part of the inner circle.

:mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_15: She makes me feel queasy with her constant scratching, rubbing and sticking her finger in her nose.....and don't get me started on the 'starfish' hands, the barely-there clothing, the 'ums' and 'aahs' and the unfinished words and sentences. OH says she behaves like a dog with fleas....bit unkind, but truthful!

Yes, that is Adina in her newest flash my boobs top.

I have noticed she seems to loose one of her fake nails quite a bit, must be all the nose picking.

Last edited:
I agree, it looks cheap and tarty, and someone at Gems should tell her. She looks like she's slept on a park bench all night, and when you think how well-groomed Kate McCarthy and Vicki Carr are - and they often do the same slot when Adina's not there - then she really does show herself up. She's got four kids, apparently, and perhaps it's time she realised she isn't 16 any more and grow up. As others on here have mentioned, I think she only gets away with it because she's one of the inner circle, and the longer-serving presenters seem to have iron-clad contracts (or perhaps they know where the bodies are buried??). Talking of longer-serving presenters, I haven't seen Angeline for ages, which is unusual because she acts as if she owns the channel. And whatever happened to Sheridan the Hat?? She's disappeared and her and Angeline were the most boring double act in the world, too.....Oh how I miss them! (Not) :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back