Vonda!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsmum

Registered Shopper
Is it only me or is she the most irritating brand ambassador on Q? She's been seemingly 'promoted' to co- presenting the Friday fashion runway show and is inventing phrases as she goes ( volumu- less sleeves anyone?)Ok I'm Northern so it probably annoys me more than someone south of Watford but if she says 'sumfink' or 'lengf' once more, I'm going to put my foot ' frue' the telly! Aaah !!!!!As I type she's just said 'you can frow it on' I rest my case......

Last edited:
Is it only me or is she the most irritating brand ambassador on Q? She's been seemingly 'promoted' to co- presenting the Friday fashion runway show and is inventing phrases as she goes ( volumu- less sleeves anyone?)Ok I'm Northern so it probably annoys me more than someone south of Watford but if she says 'sumfink' or 'lengf' once more, I'm going to put my foot ' frue' the telly! Aaah !!!!!As I type she's just said 'you can frow it on' I rest my case......

Nothing to do with you being northern, I'm from Essex and it drives me mad too.

If I was doing the hiring, I would never give her a job on TV. I don't pay attention to what she's saying (albeit most of it's drivel), but listen out for all her "frues" and "somefinks" in utter astonishment.

We can't be the only people who think like this!!

I thought it was just me..... She even managed to make Anne Dawson seem quiet and reserved in one of the fashion hours . I had to switch off ,my eardrums had enough torture.

Yet another "expert" who doesn't actually have any qualifications or experience in fashion, but just happens to live in the South East and have entertainment experience http://www.chasepersonalmanagement.co.uk/Women/Vonda-Barnes

Slowly but surely QVC are weeding out guests who are qualified and experienced in the field they are working to hire conveniently located Estuary English robots to say whatever had been programmed in to them.

Yet another "expert" who doesn't actually have any qualifications or experience in fashion, but just happens to live in the South East and have entertainment experience http://www.chasepersonalmanagement.co.uk/Women/Vonda-Barnes

Slowly but surely QVC are weeding out guests who are qualified and experienced in the field they are working to hire conveniently located Estuary English robots to say whatever had been programmed in to them.

I agree with above post, they are weeding out the qualified guests, but they are also gettting rid of most of the models we knew. I know things can't stay the same, but I would have thought if you make changes you make them for the better...some of the guests seem to know less about the product than the presenters.. I mute Vonda as soon as she appear, her voice does my head in.

As for other guests, I can't bear the SBC guest's voice, it has such a harsh tone that I just can't listen to her. Not that I'm interested in SBC, but just giving an opinion on voices.

The trouble is that poor pronunciation and poor grammar in general is now so prevalent that few people seem to even notice it. I wouldn't have given her a job on TV either, but I guess the people who do the hiring are likely just as bad. She works for Skechers and the usual guy who presents for them (Sorry I forgot his name!) speaks as badly, so he wouldn't think anything of it.

A couple of presenters spring to mind as well...

It seems to me these days that if your CV contains details of your blogging activity "congratulations, the job's yours; now when can you start?"

Find her very hard to watch and she always looks angry!

Can you imagine her and Techy Abbi together on a show! Please NO!!!! :mysmilie_51:

actresses would be a good pool for presenter jobs when anyone on tv had to have a good speaking voice. not anymore.

Tele’s on in background and she’s driving me mad as usual. Breavability, wiv and a new one - technolology. Not even sure how to spell that!!

Back to Bake Off...

On the jewellery show they had a lady representing Clogau who seemed more old school, no banshee yelling, a nice change from some of the other BA's guesting on the 3 hours show.

Although I now only watch the jewellery shows I don't usually bother with Clogau as it's usually presented by Chuntley "I've adopted Wales don't you know" so this lady may be a regular who I've missed.

i was listening to her today she has a cockney accent like me. years ago to be on tv you had to have a neutral accent

I'm not against accents on television, but I just wish there was more variation. Just some flat vowels occasionally would be nice.

It's not really her accent- it's terrible diction and sloppy way of speaking as if you were verbalising texts and twitters. And she is guilty of talking ****e about items she is supposed to be representing.

its like the links presenter people don't like her voice but to me it looks like she went through voice training

Latest posts

Back