QVC Doing Their Own Beauty Advent Calendarr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That reads like the contents of a Beauty Bash goody bag! So by scrapping the BB, with it's overheads of staff, venue and restricted product give-aways they're now getting us to buy the goody-bag, thinly disguised as an advent calendar. I'm out!

That reads like the contents of a Beauty Bash goody bag! So by scrapping the BB, with it's overheads of staff, venue and restricted product give-aways they're now getting us to buy the goody-bag, thinly disguised as an advent calendar. I'm out!

Same as the regular TILI beauty boxes.

I am waiting for the M&S one even though it is with a purchase.There are some super ones from various stores with prices to match.Would have liked the Bare Minerals one but it has some of the powder eye shadows which I don't want.

I think the M&S one much better value than the Tili one. There's some really lovely ones out this year. I've gone for the White Company one as its something different & I have never tried any of their beauty range, more expensive than the Tili one though.

Contents

Becca First Light Priming Filter
Caudalie Divine Oil
Percy & Reed Mini Wonderbalm
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish & Cloth
Ultrasun Lipbalm
Perricone H2 Cloud Cream
bareMinerals Shadow Quickie Cream Eye Shadow (Pewter)
Bio Extracts HA Hydro Boost
Evolve Radiant Glow Mask Chocolate
Korres 4ml Golden Krokus
Murad Exfoliating Cleanser
Doll 10 HydraGel Lipstick in Diva
Molton Brown Pink Pepper Pod Body Wash
Murula Facial Oil
Nails Inc (Full Size) Chelsea Green Polish (red)
Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream
Rituals Mini Shower Foam
Gatineau Radiance Gommage Peel
Jay Manuel Lip Shade in Smile
Vita Liberata Body Blur
AD Skin Energy Facial Oil
Philosphy Amazing Grace Shower Gel
Pixi Flawless Pore Primer
Tarte Amazonian 12 Hour Highlighter Deluxe Size

Item number 234434 - apparently it went live earlier and has already sold out!

I've been awake all night with a horrible cold and sore throat and tried loads of times to order it for my daughter since midnight - never saw it on the website 😟

I've been awake all night with a horrible cold and sore throat and tried loads of times to order it for my daughter since midnight - never saw it on the website

Sorry to hear that, SuziQ, I've just recovered from that bug and it is horrid - hope you feel better soon.

So from what I can gather on Q's FB page, apparently Q has confirmed it's sold out and someone has now posted pictures of it for sale on Ebay for £84.95 - looks like the seller was able to buy 20 units, bit of a scandal brewing and not a peep from Q's FB team!

Sorry to hear that, SuziQ, I've just recovered from that bug and it is horrid - hope you feel better soon.

So from what I can gather on Q's FB page, apparently Q has confirmed it's sold out and someone has now posted pictures of it for sale on Ebay for £84.95 - looks like the seller was able to buy 20 units, bit of a scandal brewing and not a peep from Q's FB team!

Disgusting greed! I had hoped the regular tili buyers like me would get a heads-up.

I wish the eBay ones wouldn't sell and thebuyers would get totally burned!

I'm going to buy her her favourite Oskia cleanser instead ( someone kindly sent me a £10 code .)

How very "QVC" to suck the joy out of a feelgood promotion like an advent calendar! Another PR own goal!

DD (21) works for the Body Shop, their advent calendars last year were excellent value. 20% off this week but last year the advent calendars were 40% for Black Friday. She and I shared an M&S one last year but I got more products (anti-aging) than she did so we may skip it this year.

If anybody is prepared to pay double the price for a cardboard calendar filled with itty bitty sizes then they need their head examining. QVC wouldn`t give a toss about selling 20 to someone who then doubles the price on Ebay. As far as Q are concerned a sale is a sale and let`s face it the presenters are always telling us to buy more than one lol.
I hope the Ebay seller is stuck with them but I doubt it. There`ll be enough daft women out there desperate enough to pay the grossly inflated price which in my opinion is sadder than someone wanting to buy 20 of the damned things !

Has it definitely sold out or is it just that when you go to the item page, the usual Sold Out message comes up as it does when we try to look at things SCW has posted early about? Sometimes, things come on sale online for a short time and then get taken off again until later - then we get the Sold Out thing again in the meantime. I can't see where the person says QVC have confirmed it's sold out but I wonder who told them that - the Facebookx team wouldn't have a clue and I wouldn't trust Customer Services to know either.

I've just seen it confirmed by the Tili people on their Facebook page, where everyone's going mad too.

I'm not bothered - I would have looked more closely at it but already decided I wasn't going to buy. Its selling out has saved me a bit of time really! I am more interested in the M&S one. I'll be having a tantrum on the shop floor if that one sells out.

The Tili FB people are saying, "We're going to make it up to you with our November Tili Beauty Box". Ha ha ha! Sounds like an extra 2ml sachet of something everyone hates is getting chucked in.

If anybody is prepared to pay double the price for a cardboard calendar filled with itty bitty sizes then they need their head examining. QVC wouldn`t give a toss about selling 20 to someone who then doubles the price on Ebay. As far as Q are concerned a sale is a sale and let`s face it the presenters are always telling us to buy more than one lol.
I hope the Ebay seller is stuck with them but I doubt it. There`ll be enough daft women out there desperate enough to pay the grossly inflated price which in my opinion is sadder than someone wanting to buy 20 of the damned things !

I can only see one QVC calendar for sale on eBay at the moment and the seller seems to have various other beauty advent calendars for sale, eg:

Elemis for £264.99 (RRP £150)
l'Occitane for £124.99 (RRP £89)
Diptique for £540 (RRP £300)
Jo Malone for £445 or £495 (RRP £300) - Or you can get the empty box of this one for £140 ... bargain!

Hmmmm. Don't all rush at once and crash eBay!

Never in a trillion years would I ever buy an £85 box of testers in a cardboard box from eBay, I wouldn't pay £20 come to think of it. I'm not in to all that beauty advent trend to be honest, I'd sooner just buy myself one product than rip through all the little doors in one go (because I would, no one door a day for me. :mysmilie_17:) for teeny, tiny products.

Latest posts

Back