QVC Doing Their Own Beauty Advent Calendarr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unless people are really really sad no way in hell will they pay those prices.

I know when SpaceNK do events the next morning the goodie bags are up for sale on Ebay for £££! They are still there months later.

Never in a trillion years would I ever buy an £85 box of testers in a cardboard box from eBay, I wouldn't pay £20 come to think of it. I'm not in to all that beauty advent trend to be honest, I'd sooner just buy myself one product than rip through all the little doors in one go (because I would, no one door a day for me. :mysmilie_17:) for teeny, tiny products.

Ah, but you have that rare commodity, common sense. I sometimes have it (and I find I have more when I've been on here). When it comes to eBay, though, I must say I proceed with extreme caution, despite the fact that there are genuine bargains to be had for sure. I've learned similar shopping on QVC actually!

Oh Ho! Someone called Ally is defending the right of anyone to buy multiples of the Tili and sell on Ebay if they want. Not going down well.

Someone has said QVC are saying they will get more stock, another saying the very much doubt it.

And the plot thickens. Someone insisting on the Tili page its a beauty blogger selling on Ebay. Numerous posts about beauty bloggers all getting free last week, all stock should have been kept for regular customers.

It's the usual story on Facebook - everyone asking "When will the advent calendar be available?", even though the six posts below all ask the same and get answered by lots of people. Is it not a thing on Facebook to bother to read back a little way and check nobody else is asking the same question before you post?

Hey ho, we'll just have to get used to weeks and weeks of people asking when the advent calendar is coming until they realise the Advent period has been and gone and it's time to see if there's going to be a Beauty Bash in January.

Ah, but you have that rare commodity, common sense. I sometimes have it (and I find I have more when I've been on here). When it comes to eBay, though, I must say I proceed with extreme caution, despite the fact that there are genuine bargains to be had for sure. I've learned similar shopping on QVC actually!

Common sense can be overrated Andi, now throwing caution to the wind............much more exciting :mysmilie_17:

FB QVC Moaner - On Another Planet?!

I'd like to mention the irony here but it goes way beyond irony. My ghast was well & truly flabbered.

A QVC luvvy on FB complaining because people are buying lots of calendars cheaply & flogging them on eBay, asking for higher prices.

Let me get this right: someone complaining on a shopping channel about the basics of buying & selling? Supply & demand?

:mysmilie_15:

CROP_20171024_062258.jpg

Last edited:
You should go read the Tili (they actually do the calenders for QVC), someone as I have mentioned on the Social Media long running thread. Insisting its a Beauty Blogger who got it for free last week! They are basing their theory on the fact it says arrives by the end of this week if you buy. But that is actually Ebay who set the dates. So as we have seen before people selling TSVs before the actually arrived.

Also people stating someone bought 20 of them! How they actually know this? But there is foaming at the mouth and told outrage from those who did not get the calender. As for the people selling on Ebay at £80+, I will bet they will still be trying to sell it in the New Year. Ebay shoppers are not that dumb.

On beauty forums there is the Lemming. Some collection or new product is coming out, a few people get excited and then others join the bandwagon. Then especially on makeupalley you get pages and pages of people asking about it, when is it out has anyone seen it in real life? Sometimes a few come on who managed to get it and states its not that great and review, this is known as killing the Lemming. In the US they can buy and if unhappy return beauty products for a refund. Or if they rave about it that is feeding the Lemming. The last big one I remember was ABH Sub Culture eye shadow palette, total frenzy about it coming out. Then when it did release the texture and pigments got slaughtered, fallout and gritty etc. Some insisted it was a bad batch but the bad reviews stuck.

I notice Q have removed from their facebook page all of the complaints and comments about the beauty calendar. They`ll want to sweep it all under the carpet and move on.

Gah! That's no fun! I love the media team squirming and the righteous indignation of those who feel wronged by someone else buying a box of samples!

I notice Q have removed from their facebook page all of the complaints and comments about the beauty calendar. They`ll want to sweep it all under the carpet and move on.

Gah! That's no fun! I love the media team squirming and the righteous indignation of those who feel wronged by someone else buying a box of samples!

I wish someone other than QVC ran the Facebook page (as if!). They're such spoilsports, shutting the subject down when I was just getting into it. I was almost considering getting a FB account so I could do a bit of goading!

Well I have been banned from Q's FB page for saying this is the latest in a long line of shambles, am I bothered? No.

Well I have been banned from Q's FB page for saying this is the latest in a long line of shambles, am I bothered? No.

They banned you for stating the bleedin' obvious?!?!? They really are a joke, aren't they :mysmilie_15:

Come and join the rest of us who have been banned for equally silly reasons. I can read their facebook page but can`t comment cos I once dissed Basso. Crime of the Century or what ? You spoke the truth and the one thing Q`s social media team dislike is the truth, they love to delete it, sanitise the page and carry on in La La Land where everything and everybody paints Q all pink and fluffy.

More have appeared as I went for a nose. The same woman is p*ssing them off with why shouldn't people order as many as they want. Seems she once ordered 12 Liz Earle TSVs as gifts.

On the Tili page someone has put up a picture of the US Dollar saying this is all QVC care about. Why are they so shocked, QVC are only there to sell you stuff you don't really need but they make you feel you do.

Oh I was banned from QVC page some years back because of my Bruter Basso comments.

Comes to something when it's someone buying Tili boxes to flog on eBay at an over inflated price that tips the diehards over the edge, not QVC employees ripping charities off or QVC constantly ripping their customers off, noooooo it's someone buying testers (also ripped off by QVC) that does it. :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back