QVC Doing Their Own Beauty Advent Calendarr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, seems QVC are doing their own Beauty Advent Calendar this year.

Someone asked Keeley about an Elemis one(I have wrote before that my local Elemis counter told me the one they did a few years back did not sell well. Only on QVC was it a hit. So they would not be doing any more), she replied no. But they would be in the QVC one. So must be like the Beauty Box thing only an Advent version with drawers.

Listening to the hyperbole last night about the Decleor Advent Calendar selling out everywhere last year - whilst the demand may of been there on QVC it was available in the major Oxford St stores after Xmas and according to one staff member didn't sell well at all .
Yes Beauty Advent Calenders receive much press coverage but this one appears IMHO very poor value cost/product wise .

i can imagine it being full go lip and eye products with an astonishing ml for ml value

Sorry but I can`t see the attraction to these beauty advent calendars. So many of them seem ridiculously expensive for the often piddly sizes inside them. If I were going to spend £50. £60, £100 etc on beauty stuff then I`d want something more to show for it. The calendar itself is neither use nor ornament after use and the likes of Molton Brown are charging over £100. Surely they can`t be value for money? Especially as just after Christmas they all have sales or bring out special buy bumper sizes.

Sorry but I can`t see the attraction to these beauty advent calendars. So many of them seem ridiculously expensive for the often piddly sizes inside them. If I were going to spend £50. £60, £100 etc on beauty stuff then I`d want something more to show for it. The calendar itself is neither use nor ornament after use and the likes of Molton Brown are charging over £100. Surely they can`t be value for money? Especially as just after Christmas they all have sales or bring out special buy bumper sizes.

I would agree on the whole but the M&S one last year was excellent - £35 if you spent so much in-store, which I managed easily - well worth the money and definitely not all teeny sizes. So I will have a look at their offering again this year. Any advent calendar has to have good value contents and all the fancy packaging in the world won't tempt me if not.

QVC, however, are bound to make a hash of this. For a start, the chances of it arriving by 1 December are slim. And it will be expensive, I'm sure, as they'll pitch themselves alongside the premium brands which charge over £100.

I would agree on the whole but the M&S one last year was excellent - £35 if you spent so much in-store, which I managed easily - well worth the money and definitely not all teeny sizes. So I will have a look at their offering again this year. Any advent calendar has to have good value contents and all the fancy packaging in the world won't tempt me if not.

QVC, however, are bound to make a hash of this. For a start, the chances of it arriving by 1 December are slim. And it will be expensive, I'm sure, as they'll pitch themselves alongside the premium brands which charge over £100.

I'm so pleased you posted this. My sister gave me the M&S advent calendar last Christmas and I've been worried ever since that she spent a fortune on it. I know she spent quite a bit on other stuff so I can relax.

I'm amazed it was only £35, excellent value for top brands. Hope they have another this year, with different contents.

I'm planning to recycle last year's 'tree' by putting small chocolate bars in each drawer for my nephew this Christmas. He is 31, I've bought him one every year since he was 6, and I can make this one extra special. (Sorry, off topic with my last point !)

I have just been on the MB website and theirs is £165. I mean it does look lovely but that is a LOT of money and I can't be bothered to work out value. I shall be there on Boxing Day hoovering up the special purchase shower gels!

I was just on M&S website to buy a top and got a Sparks 20% offer. I think it is for all Sparks holders not a "specially for you" job. Anyway the first click and collect date is next Thursday so they must be doing a lot of business today! I expected Tuesday to be available. The good thing is I am not dependent on some street-blind Hermes courier who wants to give it to the wrong person.

I'm so pleased you posted this. My sister gave me the M&S advent calendar last Christmas and I've been worried ever since that she spent a fortune on it. I know she spent quite a bit on other stuff so I can relax.

I'm amazed it was only £35, excellent value for top brands. Hope they have another this year, with different contents.

I'm planning to recycle last year's 'tree' by putting small chocolate bars in each drawer for my nephew this Christmas. He is 31, I've bought him one every year since he was 6, and I can make this one extra special. (Sorry, off topic with my last point !)

Oh dear, apologies to your sis for letting the cat out of the bag re the price! Glad you liked the calendar though. I believe they did one the previous year so hopefully it's an annual thing now. Last year's was certainly a success.

And, like you, I've kept the "tree" to refill all the little drawers for my niece (she's only 11 though). I may do chocs and sweets in some and a few little "beauty" products like lip balm, mini shower gels, etc in others. The tree and drawers are really sturdy, aren't they?

I had the M&S beauty advent calendar 2015. It was great. Lots of branded reasonable sized skin products. A great perfume and some lipstick and nail varnish. Ooooh it was good. Couldn't justify buying in 2016 and I doubt if I will buy this year as I am really trying to get my stash down

The one from Liberty's is £300+, last year Charlotte Tilbury did one which was over £300 as well.

In the US most of the cosmetic companies have their Holiday beauty collections out. Tarte's came out a few weeks back.

My Debenhams Elemis counter have their Xmas boxed collections out over two weeks ago.

I purchased the Liberty one last year. It was either £165 or £175 but with over £500 worth of beauty products including lots of full size products. Will probably purchase again this year although Harrods are doing their first one this year which I'm very tempted by.
Doubtful that I will buy the QVC one. I also bought the Decleor one last year. Yes very greedy to have two but it was on easy pay & I couldn't resist. Was so disappointed as the products were all teeny tiny sample sizes. Would not recommend to anyone thinking of getting it.

Last edited:
I purchased the Liberty one last year. It was either £165 or £175 but with over £500 worth of beauty products including lots of full size products. Will probably purchase again this year although Harrods are doing their first one this year which I'm very tempted by.
Doubtful that I will buy the QVC one. I also bought the Decleor one last year. Yes very greedy to have two but it was on easy pay & I couldn't resist. Was so disappointed as the products were all teeny tiny sample sizes. Would not recommend to anyone thinking of getting it.

Ah that is where I got the £500 from!!! It was product worth.

Ah that is where I got the £500 from!!! It was product worth.

Yes I'm pretty crazy when it comes to my beauty product spending but would draw the line at spending £500 on an advent calendar lol
It was a lovely calendar though & I used most of the products. A few I sold on eBay which really bought the initial outlay down. There was a small 15ml bottle of expensive perfume in there which I sold for over £40 plus a few other bits I sold so it ended up costing me less than £80 I think in the end.
There's some really lovely ones out this year though. Be hard to choose. The look fantastic one & m&s are always good value.

Pickles, here's a link to what's going to be in this year's one!!!!

http://www.reallyree.com/liberty-advent-calendar-2017-review/

Pickles, here's a link to what's going to be in this year's one!!!!

http://www.reallyree.com/liberty-advent-calendar-2017-review/

Thanks tarketta for thinking of me. I have been looking at the Liberty one & the Harrods one & am swaying towards the Harrods one but it is like £80 more!! Reallyree is such a good beauty blog. This is the list for the Harrods one supposed to be £595 value.

http://www.reallyree.com/harrods-advent-calendar-2017-change-everything/

This Bum Bum cream seems to be the item of the moment doesn't it? I think I have seen it listed in three of the calendars. I must look out for it! But for me it would take more than a pot of cream!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back