QVC Doing Their Own Beauty Advent Calendarr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the Decleor one last year and although it was fun opening all the doors, most of the goods were really tiny and I haven't used many of them. There were a few good sizes which I have used up but I won't be getting the calendar this year. I moved house recently and the immense amount of Decleor I uncovered is a bit embarrassing.

CC

I'm so pleased you posted this. My sister gave me the M&S advent calendar last Christmas and I've been worried ever since that she spent a fortune on it. I know she spent quite a bit on other stuff so I can relax.

I'm amazed it was only £35, excellent value for top brands. Hope they have another this year, with different contents.

I'm planning to recycle last year's 'tree' by putting small chocolate bars in each drawer for my nephew this Christmas. He is 31, I've bought him one every year since he was 6, and I can make this one extra special. (Sorry, off topic with my last point !)

I've kept myself ne too, I'm going to refill it myself and have been collecting things over the year. I'm going to have A Mr Bean moment each day when I open it...

That US calendar isn't very impressive. Some of those items are exactly the same as 'free' gifts I get in a particular US chain store if I spend over a certain amount. The Strivectin is one such.

I bought my eyelash curlers in the Pound Shop.

Yes, seems QVC are doing their own Beauty Advent Calendar this year.

Someone asked Keeley about an Elemis one(I have wrote before that my local Elemis counter told me the one they did a few years back did not sell well. Only on QVC was it a hit. So they would not be doing any more), she replied no. But they would be in the QVC one. So must be like the Beauty Box thing only an Advent version with drawers.
But there will be an Elemis one this year, just have a look at tge Glamour magazine link: http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/beauty-advent-calendars-2017

I'm confused ! These Advent calendars are so expensive that I'd think 4 times before giving one as a main Christmas gift to my closest. So are they actually intended to be like the chocolate ones I get from my local newsagent - a bit of fun in the run-up to the 'main event' ?

I'm confused ! These Advent calendars are so expensive that I'd think 4 times before giving one as a main Christmas gift to my closest. So are they actually intended to be like the chocolate ones I get from my local newsagent - a bit of fun in the run-up to the 'main event' ?

Yes, a lot of these do seem to miss the idea of advent calendars of yore. I gave a friend the Aldi one last year (lots of phials of Lacura serums) as part of Christmas present - at £20 it was the main cost. I like the look of a number of the calendars, but would buy one for myself as a Christmas present... But only if the sizes are decent and the products ones I love and use, or I'm itching to try.

Yes, they are, at least here in Germany. I would never give such a calendar as a Christmas gift because that's is not the idea of it. But each to their own.:)

Mr Akimbo gave Body Shop advent calendars to the out-laws last December (DD works for the BS so lots of discount) and they were very well received. This followed a decision on my part not to waste time choosing thoughtful presents for them (lots of ugly family politics behind the decision). If I knew I'd love the products I might be tempted to buy myself a higher end advent set, but most of the people I buy for wouldn't appreciate their ml for ml value, they'd be more taken by a cheaper advent calendar with full-sizes of brands they know.

It's the same with Elemis, Decleor or similar TSVs where the presenter suggests you keep some elements and gift the rest; no one on my shrinking present list would see a 15ml tube of a face cream as a treat when they're not familiar with the brand.

Maybe brands should base their Xmas-related taster sets on the good old Selection Box rather than the Advent Calender which they have to start discounting once we're into December. A selection box would make a Christmas present whereas an AC doesn't.

I'm so pleased you posted this. My sister gave me the M&S advent calendar last Christmas and I've been worried ever since that she spent a fortune on it. I know she spent quite a bit on other stuff so I can relax.

I'm amazed it was only £35, excellent value for top brands. Hope they have another this year, with different contents.

I'm planning to recycle last year's 'tree' by putting small chocolate bars in each drawer for my nephew this Christmas. He is 31, I've bought him one every year since he was 6, and I can make this one extra special. (Sorry, off topic with my last point !)
My husband has a chocolate Advent Calendar every year and he is 68!!!

Last week I bought Ikea's Advent Calendar, it is filled with different choclates from Hachez and there are two gift cards in it with minimum 5€ worth each.

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/christmas/news/g32295/luxury-advent-calendars/

Heres a link to what the qvc TILI advent calender, says it will be £40 available from the 23rd October. There is a picture of it with the contents so you can get a good idea of whats in it.

Can anyone identify the contents of this TILI one? I recognise very few items to be honest. I wonder if it will be free P&P like regular TILI boxes - if so, this doesn't look bad value for 24 items (although I can only count 23 in the picture!).

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 18.13.03.jpg

Can anyone identify the contents of this TILI one? I recognise very few items to be honest. I wonder if it will be free P&P like regular TILI boxes - if so, this doesn't look bad value for 24 items (although I can only count 23 in the picture!).

View attachment 14716

Even zoomed in it's hard to do more than recognise some of the brands. Forget identifying what the actual products are! I can see something which looks like it has a Rituals logo (blue item first on the right) - maybe a shave/shower foam?

Even zoomed in it's hard to do more than recognise some of the brands. Forget identifying what the actual products are! I can see something which looks like it has a Rituals logo (blue item first on the right) - maybe a shave/shower foam?

I can see brand names but can't quite identify the actual products in the range in many cases:

Left to right:

2. AD Skin Synergy ??
3. Doll 10 lipstick
4. Ultrasun lip balm?
6. Philosophy Amazing? Grace shower gel
8. Molton Brown hand wash or shower gel?
9. Gatineau
10. Murad
11. Percy & Reed Wonder Balm?
13. Rituals Hamman shower foam?
14. Caudalie Divine Oil?
15. Liz Earle C&P?
17. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Mask?
19. Nails Inc darkish read polish
20. Jay Manuel lippy?
24. Bio Effect EGF serum?

Attachments

• QVC TILI Beauty Advent Calendar 2017.jpg