Wrong item in package

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
How many times does this happen I wonder.
This week I got one, had ordered a necklace as a gift. Opened up to find it was indeed a necklace but nothing like, or anywhere near as nice, as the one I'd ordered. The item number & price on the order slip was for the one I'd ordered so looked online to see what the number of the one I received was. Funny thing was it was nowhere to be seen online.
Rang customer service & for once got someone helpful. Said she'd send the return label but, as the item I'd actually ordered was low stock she'd send out the correct item at the same time, so didn't need to wait to get this one back to them first. I just live in hope that this time the right one will come!
As this isn't the first time this has happened to me & I wondered just how often people got something different to the order they'd placed.

In those halcyon days when my parcels were actually delivered to me rather than a mystery address elsewhere, it happened to me just the once. Instead of Yankee I got some Northern Nights bedding. I think then they sent out the candles before picking up the bedding.

In those halcyon days when my parcels were actually delivered to me rather than a mystery address elsewhere, it happened to me just the once. Instead of Yankee I got some Northern Nights bedding. I think then they sent out the candles before picking up the bedding.

I also got some bedding instead of what I ordered once. I think I ordered some Elemis but it was a while ago. What I didn't like was the invoice had the address of the person who should have received it which I thought was bad. Good job that I am honest.

On their Facebook page last week, one woman got the wrong item 3 times. She sent back and they just kept sending the wrong thing(I believe the same one) each time. She was very angry and I do not blame her.

I've had it once as well - the item in the package was for someone else and had their details inside. This was the infamous event when QVC promised a £10 credit if I forwarded it on to the customer myself but then they denied all knowledge when I came to claim it. (In the end they compromised and gave me £5). Then i had the usual fight to get the item I had actually ordered. To top it off, the customer I sent it to didn't even acknowledge. If it happens again, I'm keeping it :p

I got the wrong peony flowers once - QVC wanted me to sort it out. I didn't and they are still there on the shelf annoying me as I didn't want them in the first place.

CC

I've had it once as well - the item in the package was for someone else and had their details inside. This was the infamous event when QVC promised a £10 credit if I forwarded it on to the customer myself but then they denied all knowledge when I came to claim it. (In the end they compromised and gave me £5). Then i had the usual fight to get the item I had actually ordered. To top it off, the customer I sent it to didn't even acknowledge. If it happens again, I'm keeping it :p
I simply cannot believe that a business would ask a customer to forward a misdirected purchase to someone! For £10. They should never put a customer in that position. Gobsmacked.

I simply cannot believe that a business would ask a customer to forward a misdirected purchase to someone! For £10. They should never put a customer in that position. Gobsmacked.

Sackable offensive in some jobs...sending out a name and address of the wrong person is a big big no no

On their Facebook page last week, one woman got the wrong item 3 times. She sent back and they just kept sending the wrong thing(I believe the same one) each time. She was very angry and I do not blame her.

I had that happen with Amazon!

Ordered a knit your own Tigger and Eeyore kit, got a Manchester United towel.......3 times!!

:mysmilie_10:

Eventually found out that everything was in a "bin" with a bar code on and if the wrong thing got put in the bin, everytime it was "picked" it got sent (wrongly) out.....

And everytime I sent it back it got put back in the (wrong) bin again!

:mysmilie_17:

qvc customers service second to none wow

Latest posts

Back