Different prices for different ring sizes?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Was I seeing things?

I turned on telly on earlier and QVC was on from me watching Doll 10 earlier. I'd just pressed the buttons to turn over and when I turned back, the graphics were gone - but I'm sure they listed ring sizes with different prices.

W.T.F.

Is this a new thing now? I have fairly small fingers so wouldn't be that badly affected, but my friend has large fingers and buys a LOT of eek rings. I think I'd be quite miffed at having to pay more for the teeny amount of silver in most of the rings.

Or was I just hallucinating? I'm doing that a lot these days... :mysmilie_13:

it must of been a glitch or something cause they dont do that normally as usually different coloured platings ect are different prices but they have sometimes put differerent prices up for different ring sizes & then changed it back

A glitch sounds true to form for them.

They have more glitches than I have hallucinations :giggle:

Don't some retailers do this? I remember reading about whether clothes/underwear in large sizes should be dearer because they take more material and M&S was used as an example of a shop where this didn't happen. I can't remember who does though. Oh yes I do! I used to have to buy my Mother stuff from Damart and they have different prices by size. Maybe it is a mail order thing.

I remember back in the day GemsTV only did size N in all rings. They stated it kept the prices down as this was the average size in the UK. It was too big for me but I was too lazy to pay to get them resized so a bit loose but don't fall off.

Most of Q`s jewellery is silver and today`s market prices for silver is 56p per gram and I daresay the majority of their rings are less than 4 grams of silver, some would be barely 1.5 grams. They blab on about how expensive gold/silver is but silver has never rocketed the way gold has and I can`t help but think they just jumped on the bandwagon in order to make even more profit.

Latest posts

Back