Genuine gemstones??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, i dont profess to be an expert, the website i purchased my turquoise from gives a clear explanation of different treatments of turquoise, i purchased stabilised, as it is undyed and infused under pressure with clear apoxy resin which permanently hardens the stone. Reconstituted described as Lower grade turquoise, ground into powder,saturated with epoxy resin, dyed and compressed into blocks for cutting. The difference in price is this, One strand of 6mm round beads of stabilised, undyed 6 pounds and 29p. One strand of 6mm round beads Reconstituted One pound and 28p. Gems were all reconstituted and sold at about 20 pounds a necklace on average, bearing in mind he is buying in bulk thats a price hike, plus of course none of presenters mentioned it was reconsitituted. Ionly purchased mine from thebeadshop.uk.com because they sell both and a clear description is given for both. Mr.Bennett is all smoke and mirrors, its a bit like the emporers clothes,plus the explanations of what a gemstone is and the fact it is rare,rare,rare is mostly rubbish, he is imho a chancer who got lucky.
    Likes Petespants liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Historymystery, i totally agree with your opinion on the fake nothing campaign, i never liked that campaign as i believe people have a right to spend their money on what they like according to their own budget,plus many people choose to wear cosmetic jewellery to work and keep their more expensive items for special occasions. I do believe that people should be informed of what they are buying, or should do their own research and not take anything on blind faith. Personally i think gems are sailing so close to the wind now that they should be reported to the ASA.
    Thanks Petespants thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday 9 November 7pm hour
    In summary - coated topaz, coated topaz, coated topaz, 15ct coated topaz, 'Santa Maria' coated topaz.
    Fake nothing!!
    Thanks Petespants thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    Thursday 9 November 7pm hour
    In summary - coated topaz, coated topaz, coated topaz, 15ct coated topaz, 'Santa Maria' coated topaz.
    Fake nothing!!
    I cannot understand why they would need to coat a stone such as Topaz(or any stone for that matter) as it is beautiful as it is.Are they doing it to try to hide severe imperfections? Fake everything.

Last edited by Petespants; 09-11-2017 at 11:24 PM.