Green Seasons Food TSV 17/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh please no! I hope to goodness it isn't the same old shambles with people left without food again! There are some people without the Internet who would be completely unaware of the annual fiasco and get sucked in! I still don't understand why people would buy fresh food from Q rather than Ocado say but if they do, they don't deserve the treatment people seemed to have got last year. Is it earlier this year so that GSF can manage the numbers?

I agree Mazza, you can order from supermarkets in advance and have your meat delivered on the day of your choice leading up to Christmas, or buy it weeks before frozen and leave it in your freezer till Christmas Day, even when I was a QVC customer I'd have never risked ordering any food stuffs from them.

Will this be a disaster waiting to happen or will QVC have got their house in order this year ? Only time will tell and for the sake of those people who order, I really hope they get their meat. Those poor souls who don`t have internet and are perhaps unaware of previous fiascos are the ones I feel for but those people who`ve been let down in the past but are willing to risk it again, all I can say is they`re braver or more foolish than I am.
I was in town the other day and saw a local butcher advertising they were already taking orders for Christmas meat/ turkeys and people could begin to pay weekly if they wished and the meat could be collected at the shop or delivered within the local area. I`d never risk ordering from Q.

Will this be a disaster waiting to happen or will QVC have got their house in order this year ? Only time will tell and for the sake of those people who order, I really hope they get their meat. Those poor souls who don`t have internet and are perhaps unaware of previous fiascos are the ones I feel for but those people who`ve been let down in the past but are willing to risk it again, all I can say is they`re braver or more foolish than I am.
I was in town the other day and saw a local butcher advertising they were already taking orders for Christmas meat/ turkeys and people could begin to pay weekly if they wished and the meat could be collected at the shop or delivered within the local area. I`d never risk ordering from Q.

Of course it will be the usual disaster, some very very very very very lucky people will get their hamper and jump on those saying DO NOT BUY, with but I got mine. Whilst the rest of those who do not. But of course will have QVC assuring them yes it will arrive, right up until Xmas Eve when CS close left up sh*t street.

Wasn't there someone on their Facebook last year starting they did not get their the year before, but they ordered again!

Should be interesting again to see if :
a)Meat is actually delivered.(will problems be the fault of the supplier working for Q ,Q not being able to organise a s*** in a brothel or will Hermes take the rap?
b)The meat will be delivered in time for Christmas or will it be thrown over the customers hedge in a ripped box and defrosted ,in time for Easter?

c)Said meat meets high standards of customers.This will be reflected in the number of complaints and returns reported on FB and threats to never buy again.

Yes indeed donna 255 there have been people who have bought again despite dissatisfaction for various reasons.Some have had quite a history of negative experiences with GS.

Last edited:
For a bit of balance here I would say that my daughter orders this hamper every year and luckily she hasn't encountered any problems with it. A couple of years ago she did receive two and they told her to keep the other one because it was food and couldn't be sent back.

I would be surprised that, if it was a complete disaster each year, they would bother because of the hassle. You will probably find, that for every one person who has a problem, there are 50 who don't.

i'd be one of the unlucky ones so as to save me having no meat for christmas i will stick to my local marks and spencer or waitress

I've ordered for years with no problem. Apologies to those that have had difficulties.

Given QVC are still selling weeks after the TSV, I can't help wondering if those let down ordered the TSV from the original allocation, or only from the extra allocation they seem to come up with.

I suspect that if QVC were less greedy, they could manage perfectly well... But when they find some extra orders, or come back with an introductory price weeks later they are chasing the money and pushing their luck. Pretty shabby IMO.

I really really really don't get it!!
Don't we all have so many better options for buying meat for the festivals of the year? Prices at QVC are off the scale for very basic grades of meat which even the big supermarkets can beat and you can be sure that Lidl and Aldi this year will be offering some astonishing value too. The only 'advantage' (if it happens) is the (waiting in all day) fact that it will be delivered to your chosen location, but even then there are other companies that will deliver and too. Most will also allow you to make your own selection of joints to make your chosen hamper with a range of weights too. Of course it's the individuals own choice, and if that is your choice good luck.
My view - madness!

i am shocked at the 60% meat sausages that alone puts me off buying the meat hampers. if they are soo premium why are the sausages literally only half meat. lidl and aldi do fantastic sausages under £2 a pack 98% meat.

Green Seasons 5.3kg British Meat Selection Festive Hamper
Item Number: 806753
QVC Price £97.00
Todays Special Value Price £74.94
P&P £0.00

This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing 04/12/2017.

This fantastic Festive Meats Hamper from Green Seasons is packed with fully-traceable, British meats, including succulent turkey breast, sausage meat and streaky bacon, plus mouth-watering gammon and beef joints. Enjoy quality and convenience this Christmas and get all the meats you need on your menu, delivered directly to your door.

*A great saving: If you were to buy just the three meat joints individually from QVC you’d pay £88. So to get these plus the chestnut stuffing, chipolatas and bacon for a Today’s Special Value price of £74.98, including P&P, is a great saving of over £13.

Simply add veg and gravy - this complete hamper caters to all tastes and easily sees you through the festive period. You get juicy boneless turkey breast, pork, cranberry and chestnut sausage meat, streaky bacon and chipolatas, as well as gammon and beef roasting joints. Depending on your portions, each joint can feed up to four people!

The best of British meats - with a passion for British farmed and reared meats, Green Seasons' fine selection is hand-picked, cut to order and freshly frozen, ensuring this year's Christmas dinner will be your most delicious yet.

Delivered for Christmas - the Festive Meats Hamper is blast frozen and packed in an insulated box with dry ice, and will be delivered to your door in time for Christmas. You can pop your order straight in the freezer in preparation for the big day, or defrost it slowly to prepare the pieces for cooking. The meats can also be stored in the freezer for up to six months before they're on your plate, if you want to serve up a delicious spread next year.

Keeping you updated - if you provide a telephone number when you place your order, our Customer Care team will pass this information onto Green Seasons so they can text you once your hamper has been dispatched.

Chef Michael's here to help - watch the clips in our image gallery above to see Green Seasons' chef Michael James share tips on how to cook your meat to perfection, and master roasties, gravy and sprouts.

Contains:

1 x Boneless Turkey Breast Joint (2kg)
1 x Beef Topside Roasting Joint (1kg)
1 x Boneless Gammon Roasting Joint (1kg)
1 x Pork Sausage Meat With Chestnut Stuffing Mix (454g)
1 x Pork and Cranberry Chipolatas (454g)
1 x Unsmoked Streaky Bacon (454g)

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

Delivered directly from Green Seasons: initial deliveries by Friday 8th December, further deliveries scheduled to reach you by 15th December

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806753

Have we had a Green Seasons advert before, can't help but think of the folk left without a delivery on Christmas Eve when it comes on.

Bet The Savile Club doesn't get left without their meats at Christmas if they have tables booked :mysmilie_46:

Won't even be channel hopping on QVC today, the thought of those poor animals yet to be slaughtered and expensively, way over priced food stuffs has no appeal whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back