Green Seasons Food TSV 17/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't eat meat but most of my family do.No way would I ever buy this overpriced and unreliable hamper.This year I won't be home on Christmas or Boxing Day, so my OH and youngest child will be at my daughter's and they will have a large Free range locally produced chicken.There is enough for the three adults and three children.No eating turkey for a week or throwing it away.Local sausages,pork or beef and ham and cooked meats from a supermarket complete our homemade meat hamper.As for seven bird roasts ......I find the idea disgusting.

From now until December people can either save with a local butcher or buy their meat one piece at a time and freeze it. They can choose their own cuts and sizes plus the price per kilo will probably be much less than the Green Seasons stuff. My local supermarkets always have at least one weekly special offer, this week it was Irish beef joints and in the run up to Christmas they`ll be competing with each other who can offer the best deals. No mad rush to buy everything at once, no wondering if a hamper will arrive or the meat be big enough and no huge outlay.
My local butcher has a savings club, people pay in whatever they choose , order their meat and they can either collect it or he`ll deliver it. There`s only 2 of us here so I don`t bother and simply buy a turkey crown a couple of weeks before Christmas, freeze it and get bacon, sausages etc with my normal weekly shop.

Each to their own, but I find the idea of creatures stuffed within other creatures rather distasteful - like it's excess for the sake of excess. I eat meat so really can't judge others, but I just cannot bring myself to buy these creations for any occasion, let alone spend TWO HUNDRED POUNDS on one - bonkers money!

Each to their own, but I find the idea of creatures stuffed within other creatures rather distasteful - like it's excess for the sake of excess. I eat meat so really can't judge others, but I just cannot bring myself to buy these creations for any occasion, let alone spend TWO HUNDRED POUNDS on one - bonkers money!

Oh the multi bird roasts turn my stomach when I see them. I eat meat so I`m not knocking anybody who likes them but they just aren`t my cuppa tea either.

Have just seen their take on a so called Cornish pastie what a disgrace. As a maid living in Devon almost Cornwall I can hear my cornish neighbours screaming��
Don't even get me started with the on screen flirting or finger kissing ��

you can buy three birds from aldi/lidl and iceland. they are really very good for around £14

Latest posts

Back