Yankee Candles TSV 18/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I gave myself a stern talking to, but in the end I caved! The sheer number of fragrances across all 4 drops that I was excited about defeated me. I ordered early as I suspected that the amount of wax and the variety of fragrances would be an irresistible temptation to 1,000s of YC lovers. If it had been votives, however, I wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole. I liked that you get the candles rather than having some accessory trug or hatbox for them to go bananas about.

I gave myself a stern talking to, but in the end I caved! The sheer number of fragrances across all 4 drops that I was excited about defeated me. I ordered early as I suspected that the amount of wax and the variety of fragrances would be an irresistible temptation to 1,000s of YC lovers. If it had been votives, however, I wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole. I liked that you get the candles rather than having some accessory trug or hatbox for them to go bananas about.

i agree they are all barring a couple very nice fragances and the price is great. no add ons postage is fair and there is a long time between drops

i hope they don't mess us around with this auto delivery they have been terrible in the past

1. Couldn't watch all of last nights show with Craig and Rosa. Talk about smug and obviously friends beyond QVC, sharing jokes etc and telling tall stories.

2. The woman caller who claimed to have 200 large jar candles, all from QVC. Wtf (apols if I'm not allowed to say that)

3. I liked the item with 2 large jars and a lovely gift box, a sturdy drum-shape in a lovely burgundy colour. BUT why only one gift(ing) box but 2 candles ? I would have paid a bit more for another box to make 2 more substantial pressies.

My delivery just arrived. Very happy with the collection. There weren't any real surprises as I either know or have sniffed them in the shops, apart from Crackling Wood Fire. I wish I knew what it was that one reminds me of. Not sure I like it much so it's probably something or someone I don't like!

My delivery just arrived. Very happy with the collection. There weren't any real surprises as I either know or have sniffed them in the shops, apart from Crackling Wood Fire. I wish I knew what it was that one reminds me of. Not sure I like it much so it's probably something or someone I don't like!

Ha, you beat me to it AndiK, I just got mine and I'm very pleased with them as well, even Macaron Treats which previously I'd been on the fence about - one thing though, is it my imagination or are the small jars a bit smaller than they were before????

Crackling Wood Fire I think reminds me of Mountain Lodge????

Ha, you beat me to it AndiK, I just got mine and I'm very pleased with them as well, even Macaron Treats which previously I'd been on the fence about - one thing though, is it my imagination or are the small jars a bit smaller than they were before????

Crackling Wood Fire I think reminds me of Mountain Lodge????

Oh brilliant! I got mine first! :giggle:

That's really funny - I was going to say the same in my earlier post about the size! When I first opened the box my first thought was how tiny the jars looked - I think it's because they are in that big box, spaced some way apart, and I'm so used to the three big jars filling the box with a similar type of packaging from QVC. I have actually just run and got a small jar from a couple of years ago, though, and it's definitely the same size (height, circumference, weight) as the new ones.

I was also going to comment on Macaron Treats as I remembered you saying earlier in this thread that you found it odd. I smelt it for the first time in a shop last week and I really liked it - a soft almond smell to me. The little jar doesn't smell quite as almondy to me and I almost got a smell of feet! On re-sniff, though, I do rather like it.

I don't know Mountain Lodge but there's something very familiar about the Wood Fire one. I had a look at the description online and there's nothing in it that makes me go, "Ah, that's it".

Oh brilliant! I got mine first! :giggle:

That's really funny - I was going to say the same in my earlier post about the size! When I first opened the box my first thought was how tiny the jars looked - I think it's because they are in that big box, spaced some way apart, and I'm so used to the three big jars filling the box with a similar type of packaging from QVC. I have actually just run and got a small jar from a couple of years ago, though, and it's definitely the same size (height, circumference, weight) as the new ones.

I was also going to comment on Macaron Treats as I remembered you saying earlier in this thread that you found it odd. I smelt it for the first time in a shop last week and I really liked it - a soft almond smell to me. The little jar doesn't smell quite as almondy to me and I almost got a smell of feet! On re-sniff, though, I do rather like it.

I don't know Mountain Lodge but there's something very familiar about the Wood Fire one. I had a look at the description online and there's nothing in it that makes me go, "Ah, that's it".

Thanks AndiK - glad it wasn't just me that thought they looked smaller but very glad to hear they're the same size as previously - I do hate feeling like I've been swizzed!

Yes I think I must have been having a bad day when I smelled Macaron Treats before, this time I think it's quite lovely - my least favourite out of all of them is The Perfect Tree, which smells like a pine-y cowpat to me.

Just had another sniff of Crackling Wood Fire and it is absolutely a dupe for another YC scent which I cannot pin down - hopefully someone else on the forum can put us out of our misery!!!!

i don't like the smokey aftershave ones but luckily thats the only one i don't like. macaroon treats is a fav of mine almonds and spun sugar. yum!

I think that Crackling Wood Fire smells like Snow in Love. I didn't buy the TSV, I have only sniffed them cold in a shop.

Thanks AndiK - glad it wasn't just me that thought they looked smaller but very glad to hear they're the same size as previously - I do hate feeling like I've been swizzed!

Yes I think I must have been having a bad day when I smelled Macaron Treats before, this time I think it's quite lovely - my least favourite out of all of them is The Perfect Tree, which smells like a pine-y cowpat to me.

Just had another sniff of Crackling Wood Fire and it is absolutely a dupe for another YC scent which I cannot pin down - hopefully someone else on the forum can put us out of our misery!!!!

I would probably single-handedly have started a riot in Chiswick if we had been swizzed! I will say, although they are tiny, I do seem to get plenty of burn time out of them, plus they pool easily of course.

"A pine-y cowpat"! Well, that didn't strike me but I'm not wild about strong pine scents myself. TPT is ok though and will get used.

I think that Crackling Wood Fire smells like Snow in Love. I didn't buy the TSV, I have only sniffed them cold in a shop.

YES!!!!!! Jennypenny, thank you, I knew someone would put us out of our misery - that is indeed exactly what it smells like :mysmilie_14:

its weird i love snow in love fantatic classic imo but hate the woody burning one lol :mysmilie_506:

I get the feeling that once burning the Crackling Wood Fire will smell smokie. I did have a jar of snow in love but finished it a few months ago. I have too many candles in my cupboard(s) to start buying anymore!

I get the feeling that once burning the Crackling Wood Fire will smell smokie. I did have a jar of snow in love but finished it a few months ago. I have too many candles in my cupboard(s) to start buying anymore!

I think the smaller jars will at least mean that nobody will be overwhelmed by any perfume notes.

My sniff test last year on macaron treats was "sweaty, vinegary feet". I hope I get creamy almond instead when I smell it.

I love tons of different Christmas tree scents, but my absolute favourite is by Heart & Home - a Yorkshire based company. It's called Christmas Tree and it is pine and woodsmoke but balanced and creamy smelling, and very evocative of Christmases of my younger days. I've a load of YC Christmas tree-type scents as well, so I'm keen to see what I make of The Perfect Tree.

Actually, after a poor start to the year, I've been very impressed with the later fragrances this year. In the autumn ones, the only one I wasn't fussed about was mulberry and fig.

If Crackling Wood Fire smells like Snow In Love, I'm golden - I love that!

Latest posts

Back