Yankee Candles TSV 18/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Will it be another musical inspired trio of large jars?
Oklahoma! Think of a bright golden haze on the meadow.
The King and I. Exotic and opulent perfumes of the Far East, a very masculine scent.
South Pacific. Lying in your lover's arms on golden sands surrounded by the scent of exotic blooms.

I could go on. I'm sure you would prefer it if I didn't!!

I suppose as the last TSV was large candles, this one won't be...

or we could get a farce like last year when they mucked up and the "Christmas" TSV was a random set of US fragrances, if I recall correctly.

I'm guessing we're in for a "giftable" votives package of some type.

Unless this TSV isn't classed as their Christmas offering, in which case all bets are off.

yankee advent candles are a non advent imo

True! Wait until January and get one half-price in the Clinton's sale. Or, if you're really lucky, one will crop up in July in Q's own Last Clicks with £2 off.

Oh my goodness, I thought it would be some collection of Xmas votives which I wouldn't be interested in...but this looks like a goodun to me!

YC TSV 181017.jpg

Oh my goodness, I thought it would be some collection of Xmas votives which I wouldn't be interested in...but this looks like a goodun to me!

View attachment 14680

Oh, good investigative work, Tarketta!

10 small jars? I got a set of 10 last year from QVC and they were just under £44 inc P&P which I thought was reasonable for a non-TSV special, and I liked all but a couple. I notice lately they've been selling sets for £52 (on offer) to £57 (full price) on Q - well, Yankee prices have gone up, to be fair. I will only be interested if the TSV is under £45, so less than half the full price, and I like 8 or 9. What's everyone else's thinking?

Oh, good investigative work, Tarketta!

10 small jars? I got a set of 10 last year from QVC and they were just under £44 inc P&P which I thought was reasonable for a non-TSV special, and I liked all but a couple. I notice lately they've been selling sets for £52 (on offer) to £57 (full price) on Q - well, Yankee prices have gone up, to be fair. I will only be interested if the TSV is under £45, so less than half the full price, and I like 8 or 9. What's everyone else's thinking?

Ditto re the price has to be right - looking at the fragrances in the photo, if that is the final iteration, then I like all of them except for the peculiar macaron treats.

The prices have definitely gone up but buying direct from YC in the US is still better value than QVC - I bought 8 melt cups plus two room sprays (which together would come to c. £65 if bought in the UK) with a $20 off if you spent over $40 in-store offer and the final amount that came through my credit card (with a rubbish exchange rate) was just over £24 - if I could have lugged home candles, I would have done!

Ditto re the price has to be right - looking at the fragrances in the photo, if that is the final iteration, then I like all of them except for the peculiar macaron treats.

The prices have definitely gone up but buying direct from YC in the US is still better value than QVC - I bought 8 melt cups plus two room sprays (which together would come to c. £65 if bought in the UK) with a $20 off if you spent over $40 in-store offer and the final amount that came through my credit card (with a rubbish exchange rate) was just over £24 - if I could have lugged home candles, I would have done!

I would so love to go to a US Yankee store, especially that massive one I've seen on YouTube. And the prices are great.

Going to study the picture more closely now to see if I can identify the labels.

This set is familiar to me somehow. Has it definitely not been on air. I saw about 15 minutes of the Yankee show on Friday night and they were talking about Snowflake Cookie, Perfect Tree and Berry Trifle. Or maybe it was a different set or sets which just happened to contain those. I remember because I was surprised Snowflake Cookie was back, I thought about the smoking problem I had with Berry Trifle and Chuntley was gushing about Perfect Tree (or was it Spruce Tree?).

This set is familiar to me somehow. Has it definitely not been on air. I saw about 15 minutes of the Yankee show on Friday night and they were talking about Snowflake Cookie, Perfect Tree and Berry Trifle. Or maybe it was a different set or sets which just happened to contain those. I remember because I was surprised Snowflake Cookie was back, I thought about the smoking problem I had with Berry Trifle and Chuntley was gushing about Perfect Tree (or was it Spruce Tree?).

this set has deffo not been on air before as they have never done 10 small xmas jars before especially with the new season fragrances

No I have never seen this set before either. I think they look adorable in the photo upthread but I never really buy small jars so hopefully will hold firm. I would have to give away snowflake cookie at the very least but it does not , surprisingly and all for the good, contain the Christmas Cookie vanilla nightmare. I got the spiced cocoa one as a US job last year and I do like that. It has quite a milky smell to me.... and I LOVE milk! Going dairy free would kill me, lol. Of course I also have the delivery to wrong address nightmare looming over me this year so I may well give this a miss.

:mysmilie_59:

i never liked the small jars but got some really cheap in a yankee shop for £3. they burn for quite a long time and look cute. make a nice small present

According to Wax Addicts, there will be an AD option as well...the plot thickens

http://www.waxaddicts.co.uk/qvc/4593423318

It certainly does. Perhaps they will do seasonal ones. I have a load of small jars at the moment but might be tempted if the price is right.

Digressing slightly. I bought the electric melt warmer when it was a tsv and I find some of the fragrances really strong. I have to be careful not to have too strong a fragrance because I suffer from asthma and I wondered if anyone has any advice on what to do. Do you think mixing them with a lighter fragrance would help otherwise I'm going to have to give them away.

Latest posts

Back