Oh Grief! A Whole Day of Gems Quality Diamonds?!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Oh Grief! A Whole Day of Gems Quality Diamonds?!!

A whole day of I3, grey and badly cut diamonds? With poor old presenters bigging them up as "top grade" colour with no mention of colour or cut. Grief. At least I have the off button or the 'X' browser button.

Likes historymystery, Petespants liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    How lovely, not. I suspect they have to keep on flogging them to get shot of all the returns from the last diamond day. I dont profess to know much about diamonds apart from the obvious grades, though i have seen the reviews from customers complaining that they are poor quality and have no brilliance or dazzle, which to me is the basic requirement from a diamond, hence the amount of returns.
    Thanks AndyW thanked for this post
    Likes Petespants liked this post

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think that it's obvious how Included are the diamonds - even in their infamous light box. Is there a clarity grading worse than I3? Is it telling that virtually no pieces are now sent to SGL for certification?

Just turned on for - literally - 30 seconds. Victoria Norris just said "To put this in context most of our Lorique pieces have G-H colour diamonds". Very good - undoubtedly true but I think that most of their Lorique pieces have SI clarity diamonds, dahlink. If we wanted an opaque white-ish/grey stone (single cut, no doubt because why bother brilliant cutting an opaque stone?!) then Dendritic Opal is a far more honest and pleasurable choice!
    Last edited by AndyW; 22-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never been tempted to buy any of their diamonds. I think its a case that, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Post Thanks / Like

They seem to have a diamond day every other week. Boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I have a look on Gems they are preaching a sermon over bloody candles.Ok so they have gemstone chippings sprinkled over like cake sprinkles which puts them in the remit of containing Genuine Gemstones.Anyway the diamonds.I was a purchaser who,after three returns and two less than amicable phone calls ,managed to get a ring with stones that were not crooked and scratched like they'd been chewed by a dragon.Never again.
    Last edited by Petespants; 23-09-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    They seem to have a diamond day every other week. Boring.
    Along with Tanzanite days. Mega boring.
    Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That woman who is the Candles Queen and comes on as a guest (I think I heard the presenter say she is Steve Bennett's sister?) scares the life out of me - talk about the stare of the Gorgon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespants View Post
    Everytime I have a look on Gems they are preaching a sermon over bloody candles.Ok so they have gemstone chippings sprinkled over like cake sprinkles which puts them in the remit of containing Genuine Gemstones.Anyway the diamonds.I was a purchaser who,after three returns and two less than amicable phone calls ,managed to get a ring with stones that were not crooked and scratched like they'd been chewed by a dragon.Never again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    That woman who is the Candles Queen and comes on as a guest (I think I heard the presenter say she is Steve Bennett's sister?) scares the life out of me - talk about the stare of the Gorgon!
    I've not seen her as I don't watch the candle shows, but am now going to keep an eye out for her. She sounds most fascinating.

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Apparently she ran a health and fitness centre before joining gems. Anyway, i know what you mean she has one of those hard faces if you know what i mean,also i thought all this chakra stuff was forbidden on selly telly, as for the candles etc, well not for me, not the least bit interested, i dont know why anyone would pay 30 pounds for a bit of liquid with similar to joss sticks in them, whats wrong with opening your windows and letting the fresh air in, certainly alot cheaper.