Oh Grief! A Whole Day of Gems Quality Diamonds?!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndyW

Registered Shopper
A whole day of I3, grey and badly cut diamonds? With poor old presenters bigging them up as "top grade" colour with no mention of colour or cut. Grief. At least I have the off button or the 'X' browser button.

How lovely, not. I suspect they have to keep on flogging them to get shot of all the returns from the last diamond day. I dont profess to know much about diamonds apart from the obvious grades, though i have seen the reviews from customers complaining that they are poor quality and have no brilliance or dazzle, which to me is the basic requirement from a diamond, hence the amount of returns.

Personally, I think that it's obvious how Included are the diamonds - even in their infamous light box. Is there a clarity grading worse than I3? Is it telling that virtually no pieces are now sent to SGL for certification?

Just turned on for - literally - 30 seconds. Victoria Norris just said "To put this in context most of our Lorique pieces have G-H colour diamonds". Very good - undoubtedly true but I think that most of their Lorique pieces have SI clarity diamonds, dahlink. If we wanted an opaque white-ish/grey stone (single cut, no doubt because why bother brilliant cutting an opaque stone?!) then Dendritic Opal is a far more honest and pleasurable choice!

Last edited:
Ive never been tempted to buy any of their diamonds. I think its a case that, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Everytime I have a look on Gems they are preaching a sermon over ****** candles.Ok so they have gemstone chippings sprinkled over like cake sprinkles which puts them in the remit of containing Genuine Gemstones.Anyway the diamonds.I was a purchaser who,after three returns and two less than amicable phone calls ,managed to get a ring with stones that were not crooked and scratched like they'd been chewed by a dragon.Never again.

Last edited:
That woman who is the Candles Queen and comes on as a guest (I think I heard the presenter say she is Steve Bennett's sister?) scares the life out of me - talk about the stare of the Gorgon! :mysmilie_13:
Everytime I have a look on Gems they are preaching a sermon over ****** candles.Ok so they have gemstone chippings sprinkled over like cake sprinkles which puts them in the remit of containing Genuine Gemstones.Anyway the diamonds.I was a purchaser who,after three returns and two less than amicable phone calls ,managed to get a ring with stones that were not crooked and scratched like they'd been chewed by a dragon.Never again.

That woman who is the Candles Queen and comes on as a guest (I think I heard the presenter say she is Steve Bennett's sister?) scares the life out of me - talk about the stare of the Gorgon! :mysmilie_13:

I've not seen her as I don't watch the candle shows, but am now going to keep an eye out for her. She sounds most fascinating. :mysmilie_17:

Apparently she ran a health and fitness centre before joining gems. Anyway, i know what you mean she has one of those hard faces if you know what i mean,also i thought all this chakra stuff was forbidden on selly telly, as for the candles etc, well not for me, not the least bit interested, i dont know why anyone would pay 30 pounds for a bit of liquid with similar to joss sticks in them, whats wrong with opening your windows and letting the fresh air in, certainly alot cheaper.

Be afraid, Anna, be very afraid! And hide your credit card or she will scare you into buying (go on, you know you want to - not!!).

I've not seen her as I don't watch the candle shows, but am now going to keep an eye out for her. She sounds most fascinating. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back