Jilly on Lakeland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I like Jilly and l know she, like most of us, has body issues but who on earth let her go on the midnight show wearing the most awful top, looks a few sizes too small and does nothing for her or QVC letting her present looking like a ragbag. Sorry Jilly but choose something more flattering in future please.

It's a horrible top, but it would have looked a hell of a lot better if she had gone for a darker colour.
I'm assuming that it's an upcoming TSV, because it's the only explanation for her going on air looking like a bag lady?
I do like Jilly BTW, but that did her no favours at all.

I'm not fussed on Jilly, she too interupts a lot and is a lover of everything, but that top, oh my word! If she thinks she looks good in that..........she might want to think again.

Poor Jilly, she seem such a down to earth person, but that top was dreadful, definitely a fashion faux pas. She can't have looked in a mirror.

I thought it was the wrong shape for her and certainly the wrong size but I did like the colour and I liked the actual top. Was it a Joe Brown? Had that look about it.

I thought it was the wrong shape for her and certainly the wrong size but I did like the colour and I liked the actual top. Was it a Joe Brown? Had that look about it.

It most certainly is a Joe Brown top! It's called the Beautiful Boutiquery Tunic. Item 166128 priced as a clearance item at £29.98 with £3.95 p&p.

I agree it is a nice top. Ruined by being too tight on Jilly's arms, and the unfortunate mic pack position giving her a hump on the rear.

It looks like a Joe Brown offering. QVC only having sizing up to an 18 in this range, but in the JD Williams catalogue Joe Brown can go up to a size 26. All academic sizing really, I've been a size 20/22 for years, but in the past few years have noticed that clothing is cut much smaller, so have to upsize considerably now.

When I first saw it, without registering what the TSV was, I thought it might be something to do with cooking and that she had some sort of chef attire on!

I do like Jilly though.

I think Jilly is a lovely lady BUT her presenting style I hate and turn her over. Her whiney voice is what does it and emphasis on how life wouldn't be worth living without said product 'I don't know why you wouldn't?' she often says almost begging. Please Jilly focus more on the positive aspects of the product we know for ourselves whether it would make life better or easier for ourselves and no the sky won't fall in.

She looked like a hybrid of Mona Lisa and a spandex-clad flump. She is quite pretty. I just don't think she was wearing the most flattering of garments. I do prefer her manner to 99% of the others, though. At least she is not all shouty and annoying.

She was on the other day with a woman touting so-called "spanx," and I thought: "Jilly you're not a good advert for them."

Thinking about it has anyone ever seen Jill Franks present any shapewear? I wonder if she does her "I simply couldn't live without this and I use it all the time" shtick when it comes to that?

I generally like her; she's normal. Didn't see the offending top, but do wish she'd wear something other than those old lady "swollen feet" flat shoes.

Being an older woman who can suffer with swollen feet I think she is lucky she can find a pair of shoes she can get her feet into on a bad day.

Seriously, I think it is more due to her height - not an issue with me I'm afraid.

I think a lot of the QVC female presenters seem to struggle with high heels. It could be paying the price for a dance career; that's notoriously hard on the feet. I just don't understand why so many of them appear to wear the same superannuated footwear show after show. Surely they could build up a collection of comfortable but smart shoes they could wear on air?

Generally I think Jilly has a strong sense of what does and doesn't suit her. She does suit the soft blue of the majority of the top she wore last night. I dare say she was constrained by what was available on the rail, and speculating that she is a plus size, her choices may be a lot more restricted than some of the others. Also, I don't believe, from what I've ever seen her wear on air, she is a fan of the clothing ranges, so unlike Anne Dawson can't fall back on her own purchases if the head-honchos insist on QVC fashion items being worn by presenters.

I think a lot of the QVC female presenters seem to struggle with high heels. It could be paying the price for a dance career; that's notoriously hard on the feet. I just don't understand why so many of them appear to wear the same superannuated footwear show after show. Surely they could build up a collection of comfortable but smart shoes they could wear on air?

Generally I think Jilly has a strong sense of what does and doesn't suit her. She does suit the soft blue of the majority of the top she wore last night. I dare say she was constrained by what was available on the rail, and speculating that she is a plus size, her choices may be a lot more restricted than some of the others. Also, I don't believe, from what I've ever seen her wear on air, she is a fan of the clothing ranges, so unlike Anne Dawson can't fall back on her own purchases if the head-honchos insist on QVC fashion items being worn by presenters.

Maybe they should tape their feet like Jennifer Beales did in Flashdance? Jill Franks looks the part in her off-the-shoulder tops. I loved Flashdance. Really liked the music in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbqfQ12V6_M

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back