Laura Geller TSV - 07/12/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh yes, I love many of the LG products, I just stay away from lip products/liquid fdn and that seems to suit me fine! I adore Smashbox, I find if you stay away from the novelty products and stick with the core items (softlights, eyeshadows, cream liners) then there's few better out there.

Oh yes, I love many of the LG products, I just stay away from lip products/liquid fdn and that seems to suit me fine! I adore Smashbox, I find if you stay away from the novelty products and stick with the core items (softlights, eyeshadows, cream liners) then there's few better out there.

I agree. LG looks such good value - but the colours are not right on me. I like BE but it is so messy. Smashbox is my favourite.

I agree. LG looks such good value - but the colours are not right on me. I like BE but it is so messy. Smashbox is my favourite.

See, I can't get BE or Smashbox to work for me at all - BE makes me look like I've got jaundice and I can't be a***d fiddling with bottles of Smashbox foundation and stuff (I think I also have an irrational prejudice about Smashbox just being 'Max Factor' under another name - if I wanted Max Factor I'd go to Boots...)

For me, the LG gives me a nice clean looking, flawless complexion - the B&B works for me, the Ethereal Rose Powder gives me a subtle radiance when I need it, and the products are dead quick to use - which is great for me cos I'm cack-handed with applying make up.

I say Vive La Difference and each to their own!:21:

See, I can't get BE or Smashbox to work for me at all - BE makes me look like I've got jaundice and I can't be a***d fiddling with bottles of Smashbox foundation and stuff (I think I also have an irrational prejudice about Smashbox just being 'Max Factor' under another name - if I wanted Max Factor I'd go to Boots...)

For me, the LG gives me a nice clean looking, flawless complexion - the B&B works for me, the Ethereal Rose Powder gives me a subtle radiance when I need it, and the products are dead quick to use - which is great for me cos I'm cack-handed with applying make up.

I say Vive La Difference and each to their own!:21:

The only connection Smashbox has with Max Factor is family desent. The grandsons of the original Max Factor started their own company. Max Factor is not even own by Max Factor any more hasn't been for years now. Its like Clinique was founded by the son of Estee Lauder or Prescriptives also started by an Estee Lauder family member.

I don't use Smashbox, BE or Laura Geller foundation. I love Smashbox other bits appart from foundation, concealer and mascara. BE and Laura Geller ranges never appealed to me in the least. I do watch their shows but never had the urge to purchase. Best foundations are Sisley or Armani.

This is exactly what I found with Laura Geller - it just makes my skin look dirty - I think it is hard to get on evenly and you get dark patches which look very powdery.

Lol! It's so annoying isn't it? When I was younger I could put anything on and I'd look presentable but as I've got older I'm finding it more and more difficult not to look a twerp.
Think I'll just go for the 'aged and decrepit' look...:eek:

I agree - I think some (most) make-up just sits in the wrinkles and makes me look old.
Oh to have the flawless skin back from my younger days....

:r2:

I like LG baked stuff to. I love the bronze and brighten. Even the brush that comes with it is the business. I am currently coveting the new baked eyeliner in grape fizz/blueberry but cant afford £20 for an eyeliner. I bought the plum pudding one on ebay at bargain price and it is great.

I use the Balance and Brighten when I am in a hurry and up until I discovered BE Glee the Pink Grapefruit blusher was my favourite. I usually use BE foundation or Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. Anyway, today I was in a hurry and took out the Balance and Brighten and was really put off because it smells like it has gone off. Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't had it for very long and my other LG products are fine.

BnB should definitely not smell as it's essentially a powder product and these last for years. I'd maybe contact QVC or LG's customer service and see what they say. Even if it's after the 30 days, if LG's customer service is any good they should do something about it.

My TSV arrived today - fastest ever, I reckon. I really like it. Looooove the eye rimz, could do with lots of those in different colours. So easy to use. The lippies are nice too. I've tried one and it goes on beautifully and I really like the colour. Pleased overall, I reckon although I don't think I'll ever get to the end of the blusher!! I've got 3 LG ones now - NO MORE!!!!!!! Also ANOTHER brush! Wish they did an option without the brushes although I do like the lip brush.

Suppose I really shouldn't get the SB one next week now.........:54::54:

Mine arrived today too, I love everything in it apart from the blusher which is the wrong shade for me. The lipsticks are so moisturising and lovely and the B&B in fair suits me better than I thought, even the bronzer works on me. The EyeRimz is beautiful, managed to line my eyes properly with it and the colour has lasted. All in all a lovely kit. Very pleased.

Got mine today too.... Love the eyerimz and the lippie. put the lightest lipstick on first and then the pink one - the two on the outside - and the sheen was still there hours later. The lip brush is really good too. I think the balance and the bronze will work well together. There are some pink colours as well as yellow. I normally go for the medium Balance and Brighten so my theory of Light B & B plus Bronze and Brighten mixed together will work I think. Also loved the blusher.All in all, a good buy. I'm pleased.

My kit arrived yesterday (Weds 10th) and I couldn't believe how quick that was! Anyway, love everything in it. Love LG baked products and am not disappointed with this one either!:32:

Mine arrived today but I'm not allowed open it until Christmas! I think that if i get the SB ultimate then LG might be going back anyway, even if i like it- I have way too much makeup as it is and I'm supposed to be cutting down....but I couldn't pass up on the ultimate palette right??!:11:

I had this TSV playing most of the day in the background when it was aired and just kept thinking how dark and scary the colours looked. In the evening popped round to my friends and they looked totally different on her TV so I folded and ordered it.

I picked it up this morning at 7.15 from the delivery office (should that be non delivery office??!!) and was bowled over by it. The balance and bronze - mostly balance and brighten in my compact is much nicer than it looked on TV and the lippys are just gorgeous and so far have stayed put.

The Rimz is really nice and I have managed to get a 'smokey eye' appearance without looking like an ag-ed Goth!

Best thing imo is the Blush - feminine and warm - no Aunt Sally look for me! (Does anyone remember Julia Roberts with the clown cheeks when she was putting on YBF with Stacey on one of her visits - it was hilarious!).

I am really pleased I succombed but I will make sure I watch all future cosmetics on my own telly or it could cost me a fortune!

Bet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back