Christmas - Bored Already.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I hate the fact we're getting whole days of Christmas tat, given that we're still three months away from the event itself. Not only that, but just by flipping channels, I've already seen some of the offerings two or three times. That's just in one morning - how many more times are we going to be subjected to the same crap that we've seen year after year. If they're going to "do" Christmas, why not come up with something new? The toys they're selling must be familiar to Noah's kids by now, they've been knocking around for so long. I know they're a selling business but less emphasis on "gifting" (ugh) things to all and sundry would be nice, just focusing on those who really mean something in your lives.

I've spotted two things already that were "last clicks" prices and are now "NOW" prices and I've only channel hopped on QVC once today, and you're right it's well and truly Poundstretcher items, those little snowmen with the dangly legs were £1.99 each last Christmas in Poundland and the identical ones, QVCs price £16..........oooh don't QVC love to make a profit around the Christmas Season.

You would have thought they could have come up with something new and exciting for today's TSV! No they have to pull up something from the bottom of the barrel, probably hoping there are enough new customers who will be enthralled by the tacky offering. I have no intention of giving QVC any of my money this Christmas, greedy so and so's.

Trashy offerings at silly prices and not a single one of my Christmas gifts will be bought from QVC. They should be ashamed of themselves for selling such tat.

It's hard to believe but it gets crappier (is there such a word) every year.

This is a golden opportunity to get new customers and, more to the point, win us oldies back, with new products but oh no, it will be poo smelly, smelly wax, glittery tat, Poundland toys, and Groundhog beauty.

I'm out!

There is both a lack of imagination and a lack of ambition in what they peddle at Christmas.

Instead of delighting and surprising us, they disappoint and annoy us.

I do like a bit of L'Occitane as I have numerous recipients who love the brand, so any L'Occy is always very well received. I have so much stuff still in my stash, though, that very little will be required to fulfil my present-giving commitments.

I love the Christmas presentations on QVC & the endless 'gifting' ideas as I switch off & save a fortune.

I couldn't believe the tat that was selling out, glass baubles that are selling in every pound shop on the dreaded high street. Three months to Christmas and we are supposed to be excited....

Maybe that's why they're not even on the top twenty trusted retailers list. https://www.retail-week.com/analysi...t-trusted-retailers-in-the-uk/7022293.article For anyone who can't see the list, Amazon were first. People have cottoned on now that the Internet extends beyond QVC, I remember Chuntley used to bang on about how QVC were second most trusted retailer every other sentence, the following year it was third, now, they're nowhere to be seen.

Maybe that's why they're not even on the top twenty trusted retailers list. https://www.retail-week.com/analysi...t-trusted-retailers-in-the-uk/7022293.article For anyone who can't see the list, Amazon were first. People have cottoned on now that the Internet extends beyond QVC, I remember Chuntley used to bang on about how QVC were second most trusted retailer every other sentence, the following year it was third, now, they're nowhere to be seen.

I dare say QVC will come up with another survey which puts them in the top 3... even if it's a sample of 1 :mysmilie_17:

IMO none of the surveys are worth the paper or pixels they are printed on unless you know exactly how the sample were selected and surveyed, and when they were surveyed... and most importantly: who sponsored the survey.

lets be honest we all know who the best retailers are and qvc have never been in that list.

I was watching an old episode of The chase last night (on Challenge, I think) and one of the questions was "what does the Q stand for in QVC"? My response was questionable tat.

There is usually one question about a product which I had always assumed Heinz/Cadbury/Mars etc was paying for the mention but how did that work with QVC?

I dare say QVC will come up with another survey which puts them in the top 3... even if it's a sample of 1 :mysmilie_17:

IMO none of the surveys are worth the paper or pixels they are printed on unless you know exactly how the sample were selected and surveyed, and when they were surveyed... and most importantly: who sponsored the survey.

It was an independent survey, I think it was asking shoppers out shopping in city centres July 2017, but even so, I think anyone who's shopped with Amazon know they fully deserve there place at the top.

the main ting with amazon is they do superb brands and if you are sharp you can get some of the best prices available anywhere. they sell toilet rolls to tv's beat that range qvc . am having the free trial for prime and i can pick up my orders within yards of my home when i am not in. and i can watch films for free on my laptop. also they refund your money within seconds of you dropping of the item you want a refund for.

qvc are not in the running for any of the above

I popped into Tesco on Saturday for a few bits and noticed the aisle with all he Christmas chocolates + tat had a big sign above which said "gifting." I could have walked out but didn't have the energy to walk onto Morrison's!!

I had seen some kind of gin tasting kit on QVC for an astronomical price - considering you were getting very small bottles. Saw a nice box of mini gins and mini tonics in Morrisons for £12 which I snapped up. Sainsburys had the same and they also had whisky tasting and rum tasting ones for about the same price. Perfect for my family who like a wee drink and not breaking the bank either.

Most of the Christmas things I've seen so far have been things no one would pay the price for. Even if you cant get to shops like B&M and the Range, you can still buy their things online and they are almost identical to the QVC stuff.

CC

the main ting with amazon is they do superb brands and if you are sharp you can get some of the best prices available anywhere. they sell toilet rolls to tv's beat that range qvc . am having the free trial for prime and i can pick up my orders within yards of my home when i am not in. and i can watch films for free on my laptop. also they refund your money within seconds of you dropping of the item you want a refund for.

qvc are not in the running for any of the above

Yes I agree boffy, no one can come close to Amazons customers service and yes to be refunded minutes after you've dropped your parcel off is amazing, they understand that you've done your part, you've got your receipt so therefore you should have your money back, unlike QVC the tight fisted gits who keep hold of your money till it has to be prized out of their tight little fists. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back