Philosophy TSV 28/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm in, Pure Grace is one of my perfume stalwarts and aside from Amazing Grace, I like all the other smells and will work my way through the shower gels (although I still have a couple left over from last year's one).

I'm in, Pure Grace is one of my perfume stalwarts and aside from Amazing Grace, I like all the other smells and will work my way through the shower gels (although I still have a couple left over from last year's one).

I have a week to talk myself out of it! As a perfume, I would only be interested in Falling in Love but I do like the Graces as shower gels so I would make good use of this. I really don't need any more though. I will work out what I'm prepared to pay for each, total it and if it's over that, I may be able to hold off.

still got stuff from last year so i am out!

Yes, me too. Much as I'd love it, I'd be silly to buy this one. If it's going to be £50-£51 inc P&P as SCW suggests, however much of a saving that represents, I must remember it's fifty quid on something that will sit in a cupboard (if I can find a space) until my older stuff has been used up! I say this as if it's not obvious!

Yes, me too. Much as I'd love it, I'd be silly to buy this one. If it's going to be £50-£51 inc P&P as SCW suggests, however much of a saving that represents, I must remember it's fifty quid on something that will sit in a cupboard (if I can find a space) until my older stuff has been used up! I say this as if it's not obvious!

thats a concern isn't it. buying buying and nowhere to put the stuff. its very tempting but technically can be a waste of money. still got 2/3rds of the perfume left from last year. so no reason to buy anymore. i have the yankee tsv small jars so won't be buying votives as i have these or larger jars as i still have these. its hard but i am trying lol

thats a concern isn't it. buying buying and nowhere to put the stuff. its very tempting but technically can be a waste of money. still got 2/3rds of the perfume left from last year. so no reason to buy anymore. i have the yankee tsv small jars so won't be buying votives as i have these or larger jars as i still have these. its hard but i am trying lol

To my embarrassment, I have been putting off getting my house done up for ages because I have no idea how I can even start on one room when I have nowhere to clear the contents out to (ok, I'm talking about furniture too, not just boxes of candles and shower gel!). I would have to look at hiring container space for a few months to get things out of the way while work is done, as I know many people do, even though it's hassle. What's sad about this is that the money I convinced myself I was saving when buying bargain candles and half-price beauty sets will be used up (and more) on the rental charges to store it! In fact, even thinking about this again now is helping me to resist the Philosophy TSV! Dramatic but true!

AndiK & Boffy - thanks to both of you, you've made me see sense!

I still have 2/3 of a 60ml bottle of Pure Grace, 1/2 a 120ml bottle of Falling in Love and 3/4 of a 120ml bottle of Baby Grace in my extensive perfume stash...plus the two 480ml shower gels left over from last year's TSV, why on earth am I even considering this one?!?!?!?

To my embarrassment, I have been putting off getting my house done up for ages because I have no idea how I can even start on one room when I have nowhere to clear the contents out to (ok, I'm talking about furniture too, not just boxes of candles and shower gel!). I would have to look at hiring container space for a few months to get things out of the way while work is done, as I know many people do, even though it's hassle. What's sad about this is that the money I convinced myself I was saving when buying bargain candles and half-price beauty sets will be used up (and more) on the rental charges to store it! In fact, even thinking about this again now is helping me to resist the Philosophy TSV! Dramatic but true!

before you buy hunt out the contents of your stashes: thats a very sobering thing. take one beauty item your cleansers. do we need to have a dozen or more. before qvc you might have two one on the go and one put aside. all that we are doing is putting surplus funds into qvc coffers thats why they have a channel dedicated to beauty we buy far too much to put away

AndiK & Boffy - thanks to both of you, you've made me see sense!

I still have 2/3 of a 60ml bottle of Pure Grace, 1/2 a 120ml bottle of Falling in Love and 3/4 of a 120ml bottle of Baby Grace in my extensive perfume stash...plus the two 480ml shower gels left over from last year's TSV, why on earth am I even considering this one?!?!?!?

Aw, well I'm pleased if it helps, especially as we are similarly minded on such matters, but sorry too for being a shopping spoilsport! QVC are actively trying to work out which customer I am right now, so they can blacklist me for the loss of a couple of sales (could I just say, boffy started it, QVC police!). If it helps, I've got more Philosophy things at home than you by the sound of things. We are all right to think twice though.

before you buy hunt out the contents of your stashes: thats a very sobering thing. take one beauty item your cleansers. do we need to have a dozen or more. before qvc you might have two one on the go and one put aside. all that we are doing is putting surplus funds into qvc coffers thats why they have a channel dedicated to beauty we buy far too much to put away

This is so true. I made inventories a year or two ago of candles, toiletries and other beauty items, partly so I could make sure I was using the older stuff first but also so I had an at-a-glance reminder of my stockpiles. I've always been one to have at least one bottle of nearly everything on standby but, as you say, nobody needs several (especially when things have a shelf-life). The lists have helped a lot, as has the Amex debacle last year, and of course you lot on here. ST.com could stand for ShoppaholicsTherapy.com (no disrespect to your forum name, shopperholic!).

I'm not sure I need earlier 2 litres of shower gel. lol! But I haven't tried baby grace or falling in love. Don't need a bag either.

i can't look at my perfume stash its so huge i can't get it out without help lol...the very reason i did not buy the shay and blue. years ago i was a sensible young woman i rarely had two perfumes on the go much less the huge box i have now. perfume used to be two weeks wages so would never ever buy it by the shedload. plus it takes forever to use up

I love the smell of Amazing Grace, I tried it years ago but unfortunately on me as soon as I sprayed it on the smell vanished minutes later, such a shame it had no staying power because it was a beautiful smell.

I love the smell of Amazing Grace, I tried it years ago but unfortunately on me as soon as I sprayed it on the smell vanished minutes later, such a shame it had no staying power because it was a beautiful smell.

others can smell it on you though long after you have put it on. it also lasts on clothing. i can never smell it on myself tbh. my middle daughter loves it so she got amazing bits of the tsv last year and was ecstatic.

Can i please ask which philsophy fragrance sold out first last year.
Thank you xx

The fragrance options last year were baby grace, pure grace and amazing grace. Baby grace sold out first, it was an EDP and other two graces were EDT. The four body washes that came with every option were pure grace, amazing grace, falling in love and vanilla fig.

others can smell it on you though long after you have put it on. it also lasts on clothing. i can never smell it on myself tbh. my middle daughter loves it so she got amazing bits of the tsv last year and was ecstatic.

I did ask people when I got to work what they though of it and not one person could smell it, that was twenty minutes from spraying to getting to work, the husband couldn't smell it either. Maybe it's just my skin.

Latest posts

Back