L'Occitane TSV 22/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried the TSV fragrance in a L'occi store this week and I wasn't keen on it. I thought it was sweet and a bit heady for me. I'm rather disappointed with this TSV as I would rather it had been a choice of fragrances I recognise and usually give part of it as a present to one of my family. I'll go and have a hunt round the High street tomorrow instead.

I tried the TSV fragrance in a L'occi store this week and I wasn't keen on it. I thought it was sweet and a bit heady for me. I'm rather disappointed with this TSV as I would rather it had been a choice of fragrances I recognise and usually give part of it as a present to one of my family. I'll go and have a hunt round the High street tomorrow instead.

is it the pink bottled tsv scent pamdora

Any idea how much it is in the shop?

There is a limited edition packaging change out now. With the standard deep red top to the perfume bottle changed to clear with gold flecks.

I was in a L'Occy store last week and it was that one then, but I've not been in this week. We all know that a QVC exclusive isn't always an exclusive exclusive... So it could be that a cheeky sneaky peek is currently ongoing in store.

L'Occitane stores often have a "coming soon" item at the counter for you to try.......so maybe this fragrance is the one just now and they are not selling it yet.

L'Occitane stores often have a "coming soon" item at the counter for you to try.......so maybe this fragrance is the one just now and they are not selling it yet.

I'll try to go tomorrow if I can very curious what it's like

I asked about it in my Loccy shop on Friday and was just told it was launching next Feb/March. There was no offer of a quick spritz!

This seems an odd Xmas TSV to me. In the past I've bought Xmas TSVs - one year I bought all the variations (see drawstring bag photo). I class L'Occy smellies as bland enough to give as presents where I don't know what the recipient likes, but perfume is different. Perfume descriptions along the lines of "soft, powdery, floral, vanilla and fruity" leave me cold so I wouldn't buy it for myself, or for anyone else.

People used to buy me perfume thinking I didn't own any (not BO honest...I think), but it's just that I can't wear many, and those I wear occasionally last years but seem a strange mixed bag; rarely floral, more herby, medicinal (iykwim), peppery.

This is a risky Xmas TSV. L'Occitane might get lots returned. I think they're hoping it will be given to someone who won't have the heart to tell the giver that they don't like it; plus there'll be ebayers listing it between now and the high street launch.

It'll be interesting to see what next year's Christmas offering will be, whether they'll repeat a similar one scent set or revert back to "buy 'em split 'em gift 'em" sets.

Attachments

• red bag.jpg
    red bag.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 162
Re the one scent vs sift it, gift it kits, I would have gone for this had it been TDL original rather than a flanker and would have thought it a fab TSV. With only 8500 kits I think this will go like wildfire as many people love Loccy scents and this will be in the peony/arlessienne neck of the woods IMHO. Peony faded on me within minutes of putting it on, or so it seemed!

This seems an odd Xmas TSV to me. In the past I've bought Xmas TSVs - one year I bought all the variations (see drawstring bag photo). I class L'Occy smellies as bland enough to give as presents where I don't know what the recipient likes, but perfume is different. Perfume descriptions along the lines of "soft, powdery, floral, vanilla and fruity" leave me cold so I wouldn't buy it for myself, or for anyone else.

People used to buy me perfume thinking I didn't own any (not BO honest...I think), but it's just that I can't wear many, and those I wear occasionally last years but seem a strange mixed bag; rarely floral, more herby, medicinal (iykwim), peppery.

This is a risky Xmas TSV. L'Occitane might get lots returned. I think they're hoping it will be given to someone who won't have the heart to tell the giver that they don't like it; plus there'll be ebayers listing it between now and the high street launch.

It'll be interesting to see what next year's Christmas offering will be, whether they'll repeat a similar one scent set or revert back to "buy 'em split 'em gift 'em" sets.

They could have done a "one for me, one for you" set. They could have done a his and hers set. They could have done a bumper Shea set (NB: without sodding super sizes, for once). So many permutations of standard size products to give as a single gift of as several smaller gifts.

l'occitane tsv's have lost their way for a long time no imagination or they are just selling what they want rather than what the customer wants. i can't remember buying a tsv for some time now and its one of my fav brands

l'occitane tsv's have lost their way for a long time no imagination or they are just selling what they want rather than what the customer wants. i can't remember buying a tsv for some time now and its one of my fav brands

Too true! I think they flog far too many super sizes, far too many shower gels, body washes, liquid soaps and hand wash gels. They rarely do body lotions or body creams, almost never bath products. It no longer represents good value when they pad out with sample sizes of the decent stuff. I go direct to L'Occitane the majority of the time.

With MB becoming more prominent on Q once more, they need to look to their laurels.

Latest posts

Back