Incredibrella TSV 29/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still have a Windguard umbrella from years ago, still going strong but looking a bit shabby. Interested to see what this new one is like.

I used to dread rainy days before I retired. Juggling brolly, briefcase and flapping coat, worried about going into a meeting with frizzy hair etc.

Now a lady of leisure, either I stay at home in inclement weather or I wear my jacket with a HOOD. Umbrellas gone to the charity shop.

A colleague of mine bought one the other day, £15 free delivery and it was said that's it's a bit cheaper from Amazon. For me personally I found it a bit heavy and bulky.

That's just weird! Anyway, another happily retired person here, who doesn't mind either staying at home when the weather is lousy, or walking the dog wearing a parka with a hood.

I purchased 2 from Q years ago (1 slightly smaller) and whilst they are good I find them very heavy and nearly impossible to put down to go into shops.

Incredibrella Inverted Umbrella
Item Number: 168792
QVC Price £19.00
Todays Special Value Price £14.98
P&P £2.95

This superb Incredibrella features a special inverted shape with a wider top that allows you to open and close it whilst you stay indoors, plus the unique design folds the wet surface away on the inside when you close it and is also able to withstand strong winds. Available in a choice of five colours and long or short options, this ingenious umbrella will be your new must-have companion when heading out in wet weather.

A clever design - unlike traditional umbrellas, the Incredibrella features an inverted shape that opens 'up and out' and closes 'down and in', allowing you to fit it through a small gap and stay dry behind your door, whilst it opens and expands on the other side.

No more puddles on the floor - the revolutionary inside-out action means that when you close it, the wet side folds inside and the dry side folds out. The rain water is held in a waterproof cone until you empty it into a sink or drain, so you stay clean and dry and so do your clothes, floors, and furniture!

Strong winds are no problem - the sturdy Incredibrella has a vented, double-layered, wind-dispersing design, so it won't break even in strong winds.

Choose from two sizes - the long version features a comfy-grip handle and has a clever, no-pinch release mechanism. While the short telescopic version is lightweight, and automatically opens and closes at the touch of a button. Each version is available in a choice of five colours too.

Hook and loop fastening
Water resistant
100% polyester

Measurements for long version:

Length: 84cm (33.1")
Handle width: 11.5cm (4.5")
Diameter: closed - 6.5cm (2.6"); open - 113cm (44.5")

Measurements for short telescopic version:

Length: closed - 30cm (11.8"); open - 58cm (22.8")
Handle width: 3.5cm (1.4")
Diameter: closed - 6cm (2.4"), open - 104cm (40.9")

Colour options: (each option is available in long or short versions)

Black
Red
Blue
Leopard
Zebra

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.168792

This doesn't seem too bad. At least it's not vastly more expensive than other umbrellas out there. I bought my umbrella from Asda of all places, and have got cheap Pound Shop umbrellas in each of my three cars so I am never caught out.

Umbrellas are one of those things, it's hard to find a good one.

I'm not sure about the design though. Surely the whole inverted thing keeps all the dampness in and makes it go all mildewy? Most umbrella canopies are made of nylon so all you have to do is give the umbrella a swift twirl and it should shrug off all the water beads anyway.

most umbrellas are tool heavy for me. i have a fulton thats very leightweight and thats fine

I'm staying with my trusted umbrella. :mysmilie_14: out of curiosity though I had a peak, the one Ms Fibby Flint has is black on the outside and red inside, but on the website they're red out and in, same with some of the other colours. Don't know if this was mentioned because as my forum buddies know, I can only stand the woman for seconds at a time.........just.

Just think this isn't the one I bought which has the double vents to stop it turning inside out. Not interested enough to watch Del Boy to find out!

It looks a bit cumbersome to carry around .Its one thing to get in and out of the car with it ,but for those of us walking or using public transport its too awkward.

I agree the smaller umbrella looks like a normal telescopic umbrella.I will stick with my cheap see through plastic one.I have straight hair so don't mind a little dampness.No frizz.

I own a full Fulton umbrellas(yes bought for £5.99 on Ebay. TKMaxx used to sell them cheap too), mine is ultra light. When blows inside out I just round and it goes back. Had the current one well over a year.

What in gods name does spaniel ears look like on the 2pm presentation.

Worse than Debbie on the launch show???? 0481A8BC-D525-4315-AF13-EA79D0A10765.jpg

I was in Lidl today, they are selling small folding (conventional) umbrellas for £3-99.

BTW did you notice the QVC umbrella is NOT waterproof, it describes it as water resistant?

I still have a Windguard umbrella from years ago, still going strong but looking a bit shabby. Interested to see what this new one is like.

They said it was a new invention but it is based on the Windguard when it automatically opens and shuts.

Latest posts

Back