Double page spread of qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
In the Daily Mail today. All about the celebrities' flogging their wares, and how much they are earning from it. Very interesting reading. Nice little earners for doing sod all except the odd hour every so often, and not much else by the sound of it.

I read the article. I noticed it perpetuated the myth that it is Lulu's Time Bomb!

I read the article. I noticed it perpetuated the myth that it is Lulu's Time Bomb!

This is starting to really annoy me now. I do like Time Bomb and I can just about bear 10 minutes of Lulu presenting it, but all this "I went in the lab and ...." or "I wanted to create ...." when she's on air, even though she has sod all to do with the development of the products, is such a load of lies.

Had to laugh at one bit in the article, talking about BundleBerry from Amanda Holden: "It's made up of cheap and cheerful items". Then a bit further down: "QVC says the range is very much her"!

Yes interesting reading.No wonder Kelly Hoppen loves QVC if she makes £4 million from being there & selling her wares.I wonder how they liked being described as 'the home shopping channel famous for gaudy costume jewellery and cheap Kitchen gadgets'?!!

Joining in the home shopping bandwagon - they're all at it.

I know Amanda Holden is a 'celebrity', I personally don't rate her as such, but I'm old school and grew up during a time when celebrities were indeed Celebrities, but you have Lulu, Amanda Holden, Joan Collins, all selling their wares on QVC and making a fortune after Q get's their cut, but did you know that Catherine Zeta-Jones will be selling home wares, duvet covers etc on Q - bet you didn't know that. Apparently so too will be our very own Fergie. Guess they don't all have enough money to get by on - poor them huh!

Well, watch the press I think it's happening soon - or it may just be journalistic rumour - we will find out soon enough.:mysmilie_47::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_48:

further reading.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4923168/Zeta-Jones-Joan-Collins-Fergie-appear-QVC.html

Last edited:
Yes interesting reading.No wonder Kelly Hoppen loves QVC if she makes £4 million from being there & selling her wares.I wonder how they liked being described as 'the home shopping channel famous for gaudy costume jewellery and cheap Kitchen gadgets'?!!

If she makes £4,000,000 you think she'd have something to smile about, wouldn't you? I don't know exactly what it is about her but I really just do not like her. Her products and style are OK but vastly overrated and overpriced in my view.

I can imagine Simon Wilson having a touch of the vapours at reading that !!!!

Pity they didn't also comment on the poly/elastene fashion famous for its shark bites and cold shoulders.

Duchess Fergie has been on QVC US a few times if I remember, she won't be doing the UK. They like her over there.

Catherine will be the same US only.

As for Amanda fame hungry and sell her soul for publicity.

Oh dear! It seems a QVC Disciple doesn't agree this morning! 😁

CROP_20170928_091411.jpg

Yes, I wonder who she's a relative of ! Am I right in thinking that QVC is now a bit of a laughing stock. Another thing to wonder, most on other programmes whether naff or not, get themselves on quiz programmes, mentioned in the press, appear on morning tv etc etc, and YET in all the years I've watched shopping channels, NONE of the presenters have 'gone to the next level' in PR and been interviewed on mainstream tele. I wonder why ?

Oh dear, seems words got round the slebs that you could sell last weeks wet newspaper on QVC and it'll sell out, probably go to "advanced orders" too :mysmilie_17:

The PR department must be gutted... they used to have quite a cosy relationship with the Daily Mail, didn't they? When they last did the Beauty Bash they had Daily Mail involvement, certainly the year I went.

I don't think it's a particularly well written piece - my thoughts as I read it was that it was lazy journalism and cheap shots. They can't be bothered to make any sort of distinction between QVC US and UK, or say who appears on which version. It degenerated into simply stating a net worth figure for each sleb and then speculating what their deal was with Q.

Celebrity is such a devalued term, nowadays. If you look for a modern definition of a celebrity, you certainly wouldn't find any need for someone to have done anything noteworthy or valuable. Now you just have to be prepared to shamelessly make a complete a*** of yourself on TV (and soon on social media, I expect) to be deemed a celebrity.

You have a mixture of people who you've heard of and people you haven't (and could care less about), but at the end of the day when they go onto QVC they are only a salesperson. They just get better paid than most of the others.

Presumably QVC think it will shift more units of product than just a generic presenter, and if they don't they will be mercilessly replaced just as any other sub-standard salesperson would be.

Like in football, it seems to be all down to the "celebrity" having a super-sharp agent to negotiate the most favourable deal, for a limited period of time... to assure them of a nice contribution to the pension pot.

Duchess Fergie has been on QVC US a few times if I remember, she won't be doing the UK. They like her over there.

Catherine will be the same US only.

As for Amanda fame hungry and sell her soul for publicity.

I'd forgotten about her. I seem to recall her on an advert for cranberry juice a while back. Also she tried to do a chat show once. It was called something like "Sarah Surviving Life" or something equally ridiculous.

The PR department must be gutted... they used to have quite a cosy relationship with the Daily Mail, didn't they? When they last did the Beauty Bash they had Daily Mail involvement, certainly the year I went.

I don't think it's a particularly well written piece - my thoughts as I read it was that it was lazy journalism and cheap shots. They can't be bothered to make any sort of distinction between QVC US and UK, or say who appears on which version. It degenerated into simply stating a net worth figure for each sleb and then speculating what their deal was with Q.

Celebrity is such a devalued term, nowadays. If you look for a modern definition of a celebrity, you certainly wouldn't find any need for someone to have done anything noteworthy or valuable. Now you just have to be prepared to shamelessly make a complete a*** of yourself on TV (and soon on social media, I expect) to be deemed a celebrity.

You have a mixture of people who you've heard of and people you haven't (and could care less about), but at the end of the day when they go onto QVC they are only a salesperson. They just get better paid than most of the others.

Presumably QVC think it will shift more units of product than just a generic presenter, and if they don't they will be mercilessly replaced just as any other sub-standard salesperson would be.

Like in football, it seems to be all down to the "celebrity" having a super-sharp agent to negotiate the most favourable deal, for a limited period of time... to assure them of a nice contribution to the pension pot.

If you ever read the Daily Fail online its full of very badly written articles. I have seen comments asking was this written by a 12 year old? The Fail is more interested in which pretty young thing is flaunting,displaying or showing off their pins,breasts or baby bump.

Yes they also had some sort of partnership with QVC, the Sunday Mag always had ads for the beauty TVSs and articles about QVC items. The final two years of the BB they did in partnership with the Fail.

Written by bimbos about bimbos. I would say read by bimbos but I don't think any of them read anything.

A lovely bright young lady I work with watched The Queen and said she really enjoyed it - she was amazed that there had been Kings & Queens before her!!!! Mind you she could have given you the inside leg measurements of every Love Island/BB/XF contestant.

grumpy old woman!

Latest posts

Back