Alison Young's website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She is late to the party any savvy beauty expert should of been doing this years ago. I am surprised Q did not make her have her own Youtube channel promoting upcoming TSV's ect showing her using the products rather then Will.

And it only took 24 years to get there. :mysmilie_17: It doesn't change my opinion though that Alison Young is only a QVC beauty presenter, it would also be beneficial to her to state and show photographs of her "qualifications" on said website to back up her "expertise"

but whats the highest paid job and what has the most quodos: alison young's job!

its like your a surgeon have been for decades but someone wants to know what qualifications you had when you were a paper boy. alison young had the qualifications from the local tech or salon and now she's in the higher prestigious role as a beauty presenter. take keeley or fiona they are therapists /sales for their brands. alison is the same but for whatever brand qvc wants her to sell with all the bells and whistles :mysmilie_8:

And it only took 24 years to get there. :mysmilie_17: It doesn't change my opinion though that Alison Young is only a QVC beauty presenter, it would also be beneficial to her to state and show photographs of her "qualifications" on said website to back up her "expertise"

but whats the highest paid job and what has the most quodos: alison young's job!

Surely they won't give her the push before her 25th anniversary as their resident beauty expert comes up, next year?

Surely they won't give her the push before her 25th anniversary as their resident beauty expert comes up, next year?

depends whether she's insisting on a pay rise like Julian and Debbie Greenwood? No one's indispensable and QVC is definitely counting the pennies these days. A bigger question is whether QVC presenters would ever refer to her by name ever again, beyond an initial "pastures new" comment?

If you click on the tutorials its just basic stuff short Youtube videos. No brands mentioned at all.

Unless she is going to do a Liz Earle and push to be a lifestyle guru.

Whether this is a sideline, or part of an exit strategy, I hope it works well for her.

I think if she were to launch her own facebook live and youtube channels, and be "unleashed" as Trinny is, she'd probably do extremely well. Trinny has several different minions to help here with filming or handling questions from viewers, so Ali's arrangement with Will would seem no different. I would certainly follow Ali on youtube (you still won't get me anywhere near FB, I don't mind getting the broadcast late)... it would be even better if she interspersed beauty with the farm, horse riding etc.

She and Will did mention the new website several times last night on beauty insider... but as Ali is only ever on beauty progs when she's on, rather than being a jack/jill of all trades, it's never going to be such an intrusive self-promotion as some of the "authors" have going.

Interesting, though, that while some presenters have to work their other activities into their Q hours, Jackie Kabler doesn't... even though she was the first of the "authors" to get a real publishing contract rather than starting out with the appropriately named vanity publishing. I digress...

I'm sure if I'd never had children I would be looking at least 20 years younger :mysmilie_17: and a photoshop or 2 ...I just look on the internet for reviews form real customers ...they are the ones I like to get advice from ...not somebody who does it for a living ...I use Nivea face wash and Olay pots of cream ...love them and get special offers ...

Whether this is a sideline, or part of an exit strategy, I hope it works well for her.

I think if she were to launch her own facebook live and youtube channels, and be "unleashed" as Trinny is, she'd probably do extremely well. Trinny has several different minions to help here with filming or handling questions from viewers, so Ali's arrangement with Will would seem no different. I would certainly follow Ali on youtube (you still won't get me anywhere near FB, I don't mind getting the broadcast late)... it would be even better if she interspersed beauty with the farm, horse riding etc.

She and Will did mention the new website several times last night on beauty insider... but as Ali is only ever on beauty progs when she's on, rather than being a jack/jill of all trades, it's never going to be such an intrusive self-promotion as some of the "authors" have going.

Interesting, though, that while some presenters have to work their other activities into their Q hours, Jackie Kabler doesn't... even though she was the first of the "authors" to get a real publishing contract rather than starting out with the appropriately named vanity publishing. I digress...

The problem is, Alison has no interest in technology said it many many many times over the years. Hence you have Will doing the twits for her and reading the questions out on air. If they set it up for her as it looks like these have been she will turn up and do her stuff.

The problem is, Alison has no interest in technology said it many many many times over the years. Hence you have Will doing the twits for her and reading the questions out on air. If they set it up for her as it looks like these have been she will turn up and do her stuff.

Her website is just a Wordpress installation with a nice custom template. All she'll have to do is type in a box to update things.

Well, lucky her! How many of us have had to keep up with technology in order to keep our jobs?

Years ago I worked at a hospital that brought in the most god-awful ordering system for the sake of keeping up with technology. Every ****** Monday I was ready to chuck in my job after trying (and failing MANY times) to get an order in. I had a major celebration when they eventually updated the system!

When I've channel hopped on QVC for a quick look at their latest "TSV" or in today's bareMinerals case, AFDBSV (a few days before special value) you hardly ever see Alison Young now, not that I'm bothered in the slightest about that, it's just an observation how the world of QVC is changing (and not for the better either). At one time AY and bareMinerals were on every five minutes, now it seems every five months.

When I've channel hopped on QVC for a quick look at their latest "TSV" or in today's bareMinerals case, AFDBSV (a few days before special value) you hardly ever see Alison Young now, not that I'm bothered in the slightest about that, it's just an observation how the world of QVC is changing (and not for the better either). At one time AY and bareMinerals were on every five minutes, now it seems every five months.

I think you are right, and surely the knee surgery can't be the excuse every time.

Latest posts

Back