Alison Young's website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder if this is the beginning of a new career direction--moving away from QVC?The 'Tried & Tested' stamp looks official as though it is approval from a recognised source--(thinking a beauty equivalent of the likes of Which / Good Housekeeping) but obviously not!

I don't know about airbrushing - I reckon those photos have been properly Photoshopped. She looks completely different in some. I can't say I blame her though - every other bu99er in the spotlight does it.

It does look like a bit of a departure for AY. She's probably looking ahead as I wouldn't put it past QVC to replace her with a younger, more glamorous model.

she is a lot better looking imo in the flesh than on qvc then so is debbie flint and i don't say it lightly

I think they've all been airbrushed, and if your all over the place and have used Q as a step up or, worse you see the way QVC treats people and you think 'heck, I better get out of here soon' scenario, I'd go for the latter.

I have said on here before, that I do wonder sometimes about her credentials in terms of not who she has worked for in the past, but rather how long and with how much experience, because she's not in her 60s and she's already worked for 25 years give or take with Q so she must only have been a very young woman who could not possibly have gained lengthy experiences in the beauty business before joining Q. I remember when she was getting married, correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not then a footballer?

They have been busy with Photoshop and filters!!!

The horses look gorgeous!

I wonder if this is so she can recommend beauty that isn't sold on QVC? She must see a lot of the questions about her credibility when she only recommend what QVC sell.

The impressive shopping list of brands may include some that she worked with/ for at the same time... Especially as an advisor or consultant. You can compare with Caroline Hirons who has an about her professional experience section. She is younger than AY but also has a huge list if brands on her CV.

I think they've all been airbrushed, and if your all over the place and have used Q as a step up or, worse you see the way QVC treats people and you think 'heck, I better get out of here soon' scenario, I'd go for the latter.

I have said on here before, that I do wonder sometimes about her credentials in terms of not who she has worked for in the past, but rather how long and with how much experience, because she's not in her 60s and she's already worked for 25 years give or take with Q so she must only have been a very young woman who could not possibly have gained lengthy experiences in the beauty business before joining Q. I remember when she was getting married, correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not then a footballer?

Yes her husband was a footballer now runs a car business driving for others. He is younger than her, nothing wrong with that.

because of alison young,qvc's beauty department is a goldmine. she's informative and knows her stuff. a lot of it she has learned on the job nothing wrong with that. one of my sister's is a beauty therapist. she can do loads of treatments and can sell items to. by the way she's also rubbish at make up! :mysmilie_50:

because of alison young,qvc's beauty department is a goldmine. she's informative and knows her stuff. a lot of it she has learned on the job nothing wrong with that. one of my sister's is a beauty therapist. she can do loads of treatments and can sell items to. by the way she's also rubbish at make up! :mysmilie_50:

I agree. Q owe her a vote of thanks for the success of the Beauty Dep IMO. Re her longevity, I think she may well have left school at 16 and gone straight into a beauty career, learning on the job and gaining qualifications on the way. I wonder if she herself wants to take a bit of a step back, enjoying the horses more and spending less time on the motorway..... Goodness knows who would step up to the plate then. God help us if it is JF or Del Boy!

And it only took 24 years to get there. :mysmilie_17: It doesn't change my opinion though that Alison Young is only a QVC beauty presenter, it would also be beneficial to her to state and show photographs of her "qualifications" on said website to back up her "expertise"

Nice website. QVC should find out who did it and get them to do theirs!

IMO qualifications are little more than nice pieces of paper. I'd rather deal with someone who had gained lots of experience on the job and knows what they're talking about. I like AY, she's "au fait" with products and does her homework. Have to agree though that she's got to be hampered by only being able to recommend the very narrow range that QVC offer.

Hope she doesn't leave Q though - she's just about the only one left who I don't have to turn off as soon as I see her.

Nice website. I just don't recognise the woman they've used in all the photographs ;-) The QVC mentions are well below the fold... I'm guessing she's planning a move - or at least the threat of a move to use as a bargaining chip next time her contract is up for renegotiation.

I like Alison,always have done, but I have no idea about her credentials, the one thing I will say... is some of the pictures on her website prove that no amount of lotions and potions can hold back father time...lol. I still think she looks good for her age.

It seems they managed to include one of Alison Young's classic made-up words just for authenticity. We don't get "paintented" this time, but we do get "improtant":

ay.jpg

Just had a quick squizz - crikey o'reilly is that some digital manipulation in some of those pics

Nice website. QVC should find out who did it and get them to do theirs!

IMO qualifications are little more than nice pieces of paper. I'd rather deal with someone who had gained lots of experience on the job and knows what they're talking about. I like AY, she's "au fait" with products and does her homework. Have to agree though that she's got to be hampered by only being able to recommend the very narrow range that QVC offer.

Hope she doesn't leave Q though - she's just about the only one left who I don't have to turn off as soon as I see her.

I don't shop with QVC now, but if I did (which I won't) it would be on my own merit not because a presenter/their family or their friend uses and loves it. I certainly wouldn't buy from a presenter who says they're "qualified" to give advice but they're actually really not, doesn't exactly scream "trust" or "honesty" now does it.

I wonder if Alison will be plugging her website (and any associated new venture) at every opportunity, like the infinitely more annoying Flinty.

Latest posts

Back