Lola Rose Jewellery Designs TSV 27/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got a Fat face Dragonfly print scarf, it was a Christmas present last year. No way would I have paid £25, she left the price tag on. The scarf is huge and if is lovely and soft.

My Fatface one was £19 a couple of years ago, on the pricy side but the colour combinations in it means its been my most worn item since I bought it and wear it year round.

I ordered the navy floral one, had been eyeing it up for a few weeks on LR website, so happy to get it for £15.

I think Lola Rose has lost its way a little. I used to think of it as different and quality but now it’s become more mass produced with fashion colours rather than natural stones bulked out with base metals. I’m not a fan if infinity scarfs and dislike the prints (that’s a personal thing).

It`s around a yard of bog standard polyester sewn together at one end. That`s it. Not a lot else can be said about it.
I love scarves but have seen this type of thing in polyester for just a couple of pounds.
I recently bought a poppy scarf from a small supplier with just 4 staff and they sell their scarves for £3.50 with 99p delivery charge. There isn`t much profit to be made from a £3.50 scarf as you can imagine but they`re donating it to the British Legion. So far they have raised over £6,000 and I follow them on their facebook page which gives regular updates and when they have a final total raised they`ll post photos of them handing over their donation to the BL.
At 15 quid for this Lola Rose piece of polyester they must be making 14 quid profit !

That's amazing amount for a small company. Q said they "hoped" to raise £250,000 which although a lot _ in comparison to the size of your company isn't as wonderful as it sounds considering all the companies donating up to 50%.

(I believe the TSV had sold 17,000 very early on.)

I agree they seem to be concentrating on dyed stones instead of natural, but I do like the base metal beads interspersed in some designs. I'm not generally a fan of their scarves as most are too wishy washy in colours or heavy on heart prints, but I do like infinity/an old scarves as I find them an easy accessory instead of a necklace, with added warmth.

I wasn't tempted by the TSV and having watched a couple of shows today there was nothing in the jewellery items either, although I do have quite a few pieces collected over the years. I received an e-mail from House of Fraser a couple of days ago about a 30% off Big Brands offer, found a necklace in rainbow flourite reduced from £90 (normally out of my comfort zone) to £54. It arrived today with free postage and it's beautiful. QVC has a long way to go to match the service and prices available elsewhere these days.

I wasn't tempted by the TSV and having watched a couple of shows today there was nothing in the jewellery items either, although I do have quite a few pieces collected over the years. I received an e-mail from House of Fraser a couple of days ago about a 30% off Big Brands offer, found a necklace in rainbow flourite reduced from £90 (normally out of my comfort zone) to £54. It arrived today with free postage and it's beautiful. QVC has a long way to go to match the service and prices available elsewhere these days.

I'd been looking at that one on HoF website too, good to know you're pleased with it.

loads to buy on their (lola rose) website in the sales. the prices go down to a trickle if you can bare to wait

I'd been looking at that one on HoF website too, good to know you're pleased with it.

I went back and looked this morning as my friend wanted to order one, having seen mine but it looks like that one has sold out now. Does anyone know when the sale on the Lola Rose website usually starts, maybe it will pop up onthere sometime.

I went back and looked this morning as my friend wanted to order one, having seen mine but it looks like that one has sold out now. Does anyone know when the sale on the Lola Rose website usually starts, maybe it will pop up onthere sometime.

If memory serves me right - I think the Lola Rose sale starts just a few days before Christmas, or it has in the past. I have bought a fair bit over the years from their sales. Says it all now that I haven't bought anything for a long time.

'This once LR fan has moved away & Catherine & Jane are sooooo embarrassing'.
Me too & you've totally summed them up. They remind me of the mother & daughter in Hotel du Lac; one of my favourite novels & a fabulous TV drama from years ago.

Me too & you've totally summed them up. They remind me of the mother & daughter in Hotel du Lac; one of my favourite novels & a fabulous TV drama from years ago.

their a bit smug. still got their jobs after the qvc models cull and the bonus of speaking parts. i suppose they think they are made..bit like in goodfellas

They looked to me like they were posing for the cover of a Jilly Cooper novel . I thought it was bad enough with Catherine as the model but the pair of them had me switching off after 2 minutes.

Latest posts

Back