Strictly 2017

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't read the above post, it has a popup ad right on top of it, which I've found impossible to remove. So I don't know how my comment relates to this.

But as I said in my previous post, it's the same old same old story.

One of the best male dancers has been eliminated, while Anton and Ruth, who actually fell over, are through.

It makes a travesty of a dancing competition, I don't know why I still watch it (I gave up watching BGT and XF years ago because they were so contrived).

I can't read the above post, it has a popup ad right on top of it, which I've found impossible to remove. So I don't know how my comment relates to this.

But as I said in my previous post, it's the same old same old story.

One of the best male dancers has been eliminated, while Anton and Ruth, who actually fell over, are through.

It makes a travesty of a dancing competition, I don't know why I still watch it (I gave up watching BGT and XF years ago because they were so contrived).

They love the shock departures, it drives social media wild and builds audiences and gets more votes too no doubt.

I'm getting my oar in plenty for someone who never actually watches the broadcast show!

They interviewed one of the former professionals on the radio (the beeb are milking the controversy for all it's worth, as expected) Robin Windsor and he pointed out that it is a knockout competition and Aston hadn't had his best day... And in, say the FA cup, if a big team like Manchester United played badly and got knocked out you wouldn't think it a fix. So agree or disagree but it's a valid point. And if enough outraged viewers weighing in on social media had voted, maybe he wouldn't have been in that position. Ruth is entertainingly bad, and Anton is a natural comedian, and her fans have done their job and voted for her. I'd bet she's surprised herself by how long she's lasted.

They do a spoiler thread on digital spy so I knew it was Aston who went. Lets say total melt down. But at the end its all down to the public who they vote for. One person even said they should not have a public vote at all!!!:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I don't like Molly or rather I should say she annoys me and I cannot take to her. Again on DS forum there are a few who have danced professionally back in the day. They said Aston was just not moving forward and seemed stuck, Mollie made mistakes but showed improvement. Or it was the case have one bad night and not enough public support and you are out.

There is a thread about how popular are Gemma and Jonnie, seems the latter has a load of public support. The thinking on there is Ruth or Susan should be in the dance off. There are still threads that Pixie was robbed. But people vote the way they want and at the end the judges just go with what they see on the night and don't take into account how well each person has done in previous weeks.

I imagine the row about Aston will reignite after last night. Mollie's Paso Doble was clunky.

I rewatched Alexandra's Argentine Tango several times on i-player. For a nonprofessional ballroom dancer, she really is good!

Definitely is Ruth's time to depart. It should be Jonnie and her in the dance off tonight, but there may be a Mollie backlash after last week, so who knows. People thinking Susan should be in the dance off are nuts, IMO.

I thought Mollie deserved her marks as her Paso was off balance a lot of the time.

But Debbie was also really off balance a lot too.

Yes, Ruth should have gone a few weeks back.

Apologies if this is a spoiler!

Finally Ruth has run out of luck... in many respects, it's a miracle that she's escaped the dance-off until last night. I couldn't believe it when she said it was her first time in the dance-off, but her whole demeanour was of someone facing the inevitable departure...

I think last week with Aston was a timely reminder for all the celebrities that they absolutely cannot afford an off day in the competition.

I can feel myself getting sucked into this now... at this rate I will actually turn on the telly and watch Strictly live on Saturday evening!

Latest posts

Back