Oh Crikey, Happening With Silver Items Too?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndyW

Registered Shopper
Blimey, it seems even the ranges that used to be solidly made have undergone a "transformation".

CROP_20171001_211940.jpg

(Saw an ad in a break for car perfume...)

Whaaat! My car doesn't use perfume - it prefers after-shave! I only watch this channel for a few minutes now and again, I can't believe how much they've gone down the tubes and I find 'Meels' and some of the others totally irritating, not to mention the off-the-wall prices. They've passed their sell-by date on this channel - I'm out....
Blimey, it seems even the ranges that used to be solidly made have undergone a "transformation".

View attachment 14644

(Saw an ad in a break for car perfume...)

Okay, i have to confess its my comment on the gems facebook page, i borrow the facebook page from an old friend of mine to use as i cant be bothered to go through the rigmarole of setting up my own. I dont know if this is just a few additions to the seni busana range or whether its all going to be like this but it was like chalk and cheese compared to the old range they did, which was up to and including 15g of silver with a cabachon in balinese style designs with a modern quirky twist which i rather liked,as they were definitely different and very wearable for everyday, the ones they showed yesterday were tiny stones, peach moonstone or turquoise and you could barely see the detail on the bands and uninspiring, how sad, what in gods name they think they are doing is beyond me, as for car perfume, well i am lost for words.

Okay, i have to confess its my comment on the gems facebook page, i borrow the facebook page from an old friend of mine to use as i cant be bothered to go through the rigmarole of setting up my own. I dont know if this is just a few additions to the seni busana range or whether its all going to be like this but it was like chalk and cheese compared to the old range they did, which was up to and including 15g of silver with a cabachon in balinese style designs with a modern quirky twist which i rather liked,as they were definitely different and very wearable for everyday, the ones they showed yesterday were tiny stones, peach moonstone or turquoise and you could barely see the detail on the bands and uninspiring, how sad, what in gods name they think they are doing is beyond me, as for car perfume, well i am lost for words.

Saw part of a show yesterday with a fizz bomb to put into the bath. What next, verruca removers with the smell of tanzanite?

Oh heck, I just caught the advert for the car perfume! It looks like the Taj Mahal on a chain waving about above the front windscreen. I would think if you moved your head when you were driving, it could easily give you concussion. Cheap and nasty-looking was the phrase that sprung to my mind..... I also see it's Gemporia's birthday weekend, so I suppose that means a load of overpriced, supposedly 'bargain buys'. If it's anything like the last "Sale" a few months back, they can keep it with my compliments.

...I also see it's Gemporia's birthday weekend, so I suppose that means a load of overpriced, supposedly 'bargain buys'. If it's anything like the last "Sale" a few months back, they can keep it with my compliments.

Yes but it lasts TWO WEEKS...and looking at a random sample of the Timed Auctions page, I suspect you're right. Nothing spectacular so far.

An auction just run I think crystallises my issues now with a lot of Gems pieces (apart from inadequate metal weights & lack of any design). This multi-colour tourmaline ring:

CROP_20171002_171854.jpg

The colours are great but there is absolutely NO guarantee that your ring will look anything like it. Some Feefo reviews for similar pieces shout about single colours or dull colours. IMHO, if you're going to show a piece, clamour on about the specific colours in the one that you're showing, you should only make enough rings that match what you're marketing. Otherwise it's no different to the old market traders that used to pass off shoddy versions of what they used to shout about ("bait & switch"). To be fair, the web page details do say that colours may vary but not once did the presenter say this.

Yep, totally agree and i know that they have had the same complaints of rainbow sapphire where people send them back because the item they received was not the same , as in three of the same colours etc. On a different note i have just flicked through and honesty i dont know how anyone watches anymore, Victoria Norris sounds like her life is in danger, so overly agressive and stressed out, its awful, surely that cant be enjoyable to watch on any level.

Anna, say no more, one's on it's way to you as we speak! Now, do be careful with it, as it's a real collectors item and will probably be worth about a million in a few years time.....:mysmilie_3:
Oh, I could do with one of them! :mysmilie_8:

Love it! That's JUST what she sounds like, and her body language, too: all agitated, wriggling around on her chair, waving her arms around and bug-eyed. She looks like she's got fleas at times, or something else equally unpleasant! I am fast developing the "grab the remote and switch over" technique when I flick over and see her on there, very aggressive and dislikeable. Also, is it me or has "Ang" disappeared from the 11am-3pm slot lately? I could have missed her - as I only flick over a few times a day for a minute or so - but she always used to boast that it was "her" own timeslot, even though she shared it with Ellis (Angeline seems to think she owns the company anyway).

Yep, totally agree and i know that they have had the same complaints of rainbow sapphire where people send them back because the item they received was not the same , as in three of the same colours etc. On a different note i have just flicked through and honesty i dont know how anyone watches anymore, Victoria Norris sounds like her life is in danger, so overly agressive and stressed out, its awful, surely that cant be enjoyable to watch on any level.

Last edited:
I dread to think the pressure they are under with the sales manager permanently banging on down their earpiece, Victoria used to be one of the quieter ones, you know, back in the good old days before they started SHOUTING and SCREAMING at the customers like banshees.

Anna, say no more, one's on it's way to you as we speak! Now, do be careful with it, as it's a real collectors item and will probably be worth about a million in a few years time.....:mysmilie_3:

My nasal hairs thank you from the bottom of their roots Historymystery. :mysmilie_15:

Yeah, it's usually a throwaway line, such as "your ring/necklace will be unique, the colours will vary" - but the devil's in the detail, what you DON'T expect, as you say, is that the item you get will not have an iota of the sparkle, clarity or colour variations of the piece they show. To me, this does border on the dishonest - the ring in the showcase should be of equal quality, clarity and colour variation, and they should, if necessary, show 2 or 3 of the same rings, to illustrate that. In my opinion, it's a daft strategy that they are following - with more and more people sending back items that they are not happy with, they aren't going to be re-ordering in a hurry, so effectively you are losing some of your customer base, and some long-standing customers at that. I used to buy quite a bit from them, but haven't bought anything for well over a year, nearer two - and I'm sure I'm not alone! The "collectors" they keep rattling on about are only going to be happy with good-quality items, not the rejects at the back of the market stall.

Yes but it lasts TWO WEEKS...and looking at a random sample of the Timed Auctions page, I suspect you're right. Nothing spectacular so far.

An auction just run I think crystallises my issues now with a lot of Gems pieces (apart from inadequate metal weights & lack of any design). This multi-colour tourmaline ring:

View attachment 14645

The colours are great but there is absolutely NO guarantee that your ring will look anything like it. Some Feefo reviews for similar pieces shout about single colours or dull colours. IMHO, if you're going to show a piece, clamour on about the specific colours in the one that you're showing, you should only make enough rings that match what you're marketing. Otherwise it's no different to the old market traders that used to pass off shoddy versions of what they used to shout about ("bait & switch"). To be fair, the web page details do say that colours may vary but not once did the presenter say this.

Lol! Hair today, gone tomorrow, Anna (apologies - but the old ones are the best - or not!!). Now don't forget to get it valued, will you? Oh, and tell your insurance company......
My nasal hairs thank you from the bottom of their roots Historymystery. :mysmilie_15:

Lol! Hair today, gone tomorrow, Anna (apologies - but the old ones are the best - or not!!). Now don't forget to get it valued, will you? Oh, and tell your insurance company......

I will have to remember to give them a good ole clean before getting them valued, don't want any stray nasal hairs getting in the way of the value price.

Yep, totally agree and i know that they have had the same complaints of rainbow sapphire where people send them back because the item they received was not the same , as in three of the same colours etc.

Aha! You're right. One such complaint just posted on Feefo. They're right. It does smell of mis-selling.

CROP_20171014_065212.jpg

Latest posts

Back